Windows 10: Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer

Discus and support Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a lot of hard drives connected to my computer, some internal, some external. Hard drives J and L are internal hard drives. When I click on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DeniseJM, Nov 24, 2018.

1. DeniseJM Win User

Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer

I have a lot of hard drives connected to my computer, some internal, some external. Hard drives J and L are internal hard drives. When I click on "KingKong" (the name I gave my computer), hard drives J and L aren't listed under KingKong on the left but they're listed in Devices in the right hand panel. Why aren't they listed under KingKong in the left hand panel also? How can I get them to appear under KingKong on the left?

Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer 221ed155-5508-4b9f-96fb-758bf55d2d92?upload=true.jpg

:)

DeniseJM, Nov 24, 2018
  2. Marco Gav Win User

unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, Nov 24, 2018
  3. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, Nov 24, 2018
  4. Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer

External Seagate Drive not appearing after Creators Update

We appreciate the feedback, Pete. Getting in touch with Seagate support is one of your options. They may have recent or updated drivers for your external hard drive. In the meantime, since the hard drive is detected again when you unplug and replug it, we
    suggest that you try changing the drive letter and its path and see if it addresses the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Right-click the Windows key and click Computer Management.
    • Under Storage, click Disk Management.
    • Find your Seagate External Hard Drive, right-click it and select
      Change Drive Letter and Paths
    • Click on Change and select the letter for the drive.
    • Click OK, close all windows, then restart your computer.

Should the issue persists, then we suggest sharing your experience with us through our Feedback Hub. To access the Feedback Hub, follow the steps below:

• Click the Windows key.
    • Look for Feedback Hub, then click it.
    • In the left pane, click Feedback.
    Let us know should you need further help.

Regards.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Nov 24, 2018
Thema:

Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer

1. Hard Drive appear on right side but not on left side of My Computer - Similar Threads - Hard Drive appear

2. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.: Ok, so, I've been looking all around the internet only to come up with losses, my headphones will not play on the left side.Ive tried:- Restarting my computer- uninstalling then reinstalling the driver for the audio by restart- changed the balance to accommodate both sides,...
  3. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.: Ok, so, I've been looking all around the internet only to come up with losses, my headphones will not play on the left side.Ive tried:- Restarting my computer- uninstalling then reinstalling the driver for the audio by restart- changed the balance to accommodate both sides,...
  4. Sound only comes from the right side of my headphones, and not my left side.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. left and right audio on wrong side

in Windows 10 Gaming
    left and right audio on wrong side: My audio channels are coming out of the wrong side, right is left and left is right... please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-and-right-audio-on-wrong-side/8a2867e2-3de4-4d30-aa1b-f0b257da08cd
  6. left and right audio on wrong side

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    left and right audio on wrong side: My audio channels are coming out of the wrong side, right is left and left is right... please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/left-and-right-audio-on-wrong-side/8a2867e2-3de4-4d30-aa1b-f0b257da08cd
  7. left and right audio on wrong side

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Headset much louder on right side than left side

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset much louder on right side than left side: I unplugged my wireless headset and plugged it back in and all of a sudden the right ear was way louder than the left one and I saw tutorials to go into sound and change the balance but there is no balance option there....
  9. Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Apps on start menu right side not appearing on left side alpha list.: How do I get them on the alpha list? submitted by /u/richfield1945 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/jvf33o/apps_on_start_menu_right_side_not_appearing_on/
  10. How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left side as well as the right side of...

in Windows 10 Customization
    How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left side as well as the right side of...: How do I get all of my hard drives listed on the left[ATTACH] side as well as the right side of Windows Explorer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-all-of-my-hard-drives-listed-on-the/b3ac26a5-648d-4ddd-83dd-c93137f3c916