Windows 10: Hard drive appears as a folder in This PC

Discus and support Hard drive appears as a folder in This PC in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; [ATTACH] My D drive appears as a normal drive, but reappears as a folder in This PC, what can I do to fix this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JasonKarim, Nov 23, 2019.

1. Hard drive appears as a folder in This PC

Hard drive appears as a folder in This PC 578fef5b-fcb1-403b-840c-0f34ce47e3af?upload=true.png
    My D drive appears as a normal drive, but reappears as a folder in This PC, what can I do to fix this?

:)

JasonKarim, Nov 23, 2019

2. Random folders appearing to my new hard drive

You need to find out what is creating them exactly, right click the folders and see what they are tied to.

eidairaman1, Nov 23, 2019
  3. Random folders appearing to my new hard drive

In process explorer right click on columns > select columns > process disk tab > enable disk delta write bytes
    Order the process list by disk delta write bytes columns and monitor which process springs on top when files and folders are being created.
    If it's one of the svchost.exe instances then look at it's modules and threads in the lower pane to detect the culprit.

BiggieShady, Nov 23, 2019
  4. nemo_fin Win User

Hard drive appears as a folder in This PC

Random folders appearing to my new hard drive

So this kind of files appear daily onto my hard drive.

Hard drive appears as a folder in This PC ecb15f62b9674cd5e5863486ee7f3b25.png

Inside the files there are file of random words, for example:
    Hard drive appears as a folder in This PC 8f406cc8af0ef98ee3ddbc44517ef8ca.png

I have tried removing them, which didnt work because they kept appearing. Anyone has a solution how to stop these files from appearing onto my hard drive?

nemo_fin, Nov 23, 2019
Thema:

Hard drive appears as a folder in This PC

1. Hard drive appears as a folder in This PC - Similar Threads - Hard drive appears

2. Hard Disk Drive not showing/appearing.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Disk Drive not showing/appearing.: Hello Community! My laptop has 1 SSD Window is installed in it and 1 HDD For all of the storage. A few days ago, when I turned on my laptop, my HDD didn't appear on This PC. I tried unchecking and rechecking the Sata 1, 2 & 3 from BIOS but nothing works. When unchecked, the...
  3. Hard Disk Drive not showing/appearing.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Disk Drive not showing/appearing.: Hello Community! My laptop has 1 SSD Window is installed in it and 1 HDD For all of the storage. A few days ago, when I turned on my laptop, my HDD didn't appear on This PC. I tried unchecking and rechecking the Sata 1, 2 & 3 from BIOS but nothing works. When unchecked, the...
  4. Hard drive appears twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive appears twice: My file explorer shows my d drive twice. I have already did the suggested regedit to remove it. After doing that the drive remains. Also the key that you need to remove is not in the registry. Any Ideas? Is is possible to manually enter the key then delete it?...
  5. Copies of folders and drives appearing in file explorer after using external hard drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Copies of folders and drives appearing in file explorer after using external hard drive.: I have what appear to be more than one hard drive listed in the file explorer on my windows 10 computer as well as multiple copies of other folders such as documents, music, pictures, etc. This has happened after using an external hard drive more than one to back up my...
  6. HARD DRIVES NOT APPEARING

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HARD DRIVES NOT APPEARING: So I had to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop. Now my hard drives are not appearing except for my C drive. I tried using "Create and format hard disk partitions" tool but the unallocated space would not appear. I checked the BIOS and all three hard drives are visible. Any...
  7. Hard drive does not appear in Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive does not appear in Explorer: Windows 10 - unable to see Seagate hard drive. SSD drive appears and Windows is loaded on it. Drive appears in BIOS setting. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-does-not-appear-in-explorer/9d6f53c4-d841-454e-a5de-034823cddf0a
  8. Hard Drive not appearing

Hard Drive not appearing: Hey, I got a new hard drive today and for some reason I am unable to add it to my already existing SSD drive that my pc desktop currently runs on. I have tried going into create and format hard disk partitions and allocating the “unallocated disk” but there isn’t any drive...
  9. Odd one Hard drive appearing twice in 'This PC'

Odd one Hard drive appearing twice in 'This PC': [img] [img] See Pictures, 'Local Disk E' appears twice at the side, not an issue, but I don't know why any ideas? 40043
  10. Hard drive not appearing in BIOS after PC upgrade

Hard drive not appearing in BIOS after PC upgrade: Hi everyone, [moving this thread from sevenforums to here!] I know there are a lot of threads about this already but I read a lot and none have helped me. I just did a complete upgrade of my PC replacing motherboard, video card, processor and power supply but keeping...