Windows 10: Hard drive became Not Initialized Unallocated

Discus and support Hard drive became Not Initialized Unallocated in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My hard drive of size 1tb was working, but suddenly it was not showing. I opened control panel there it showed the drive. In disk management it was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Rohit_RB, Sep 29, 2020.

1. Rohit_RB Win User

Hard drive became Not Initialized Unallocated

My hard drive of size 1tb was working, but suddenly it was not showing. I opened control panel there it showed the drive. In disk management it was showing my disc was Not Initialized, unallocated, and its size was reduced to 931mb. It should an Initialize Disc tab but when I select a partition typeMBR or GPT and click ok it shows virtual disk manager incorrect function. I need my data. What can I do?

:)

Rohit_RB, Sep 29, 2020
  2. Rita_A37 Win User

not ready, unknown, not initialized, unallocated external hard drive

please I need help on how to format an external hard drive which disk management describes as unknown, not initialized and unallocated. when I try to initialized using both diskpart and disk management, it says disk is not ready.

Rita_A37, Sep 29, 2020
  3. Wile E Win User
    Hard Drive Question

Hit WindowKey+R, and type compmgmt.msc and hit enter.

In the left hand pane of the window that pops up, select Disk Management.

Your unallocated hard drive should show up there. Initialize, then format it. I suggest quick format. The long one is unnecessary.

Wile E, Sep 29, 2020
  4. Hard drive became Not Initialized Unallocated

unknown, Not initialize, unallocated external hard disk want to initialize

I wanted to initialize unknown, unallocated,not initialize external hard disk, but when I go to disk manager and try to initialize the message pop up "Virtual disk manager access denied".

Secondly, drive do not have any letter, and I CAN'T to assign letter to drive (in order to go for chkdsk in prompt command). when I right click on unknown & unallocated drive then there is only option left are properties help and offline.

My question is how can I initialize the drive or bring the status online in order to assign drive letter and initialize the disk?

mayurpatel3, Sep 29, 2020
Thema:

Hard drive became Not Initialized Unallocated

1. Hard drive became Not Initialized Unallocated - Similar Threads - Hard drive became

2. external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted: Hello.Recently I tried to access data on an old USB stick and IO tried to use Disk Management for it.When I started Disk Management, it gave me an error message and asked to convert a disk to MBR if I remember correctly.I mistakenly assumed it was about the USB stick and I...
  3. external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted: Hello.Recently I tried to access data on an old USB stick and IO tried to use Disk Management for it.When I started Disk Management, it gave me an error message and asked to convert a disk to MBR if I remember correctly.I mistakenly assumed it was about the USB stick and I...
  4. external hard disk drives became unallocated bitlocker encrypted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. laptop not recognizing external hard drive, says it is unallocated and not initialized

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    laptop not recognizing external hard drive, says it is unallocated and not initialized: brought home a fully functioning external hard drive that had data on it....but when I plug it into my laptop, it does not appear in Windows Explorer....I checked Disk Management, and it says the disk is working properly, but has no assigned disk letter, and the disk place...
  6. Initialize Hard drive

Initialize Hard drive: Hi all, A friend of mine asked me if I can help him get his laptop back into working order. It is a Samsung model NP740U3L When I turn it on, after about a minute, it tells me: All boot option tried Press F4 for repair After pressing F4 it comes back to the same screen as...
  7. disk drive "not initialized" and "unallocated"

disk drive "not initialized" and "unallocated": Microsoft DiskPart version 10.0.18362.1 Copyright C Microsoft Corporation. On computer: LAPTOP-1OE861US DISKPART> list disk Disk ### Status Size Free Dyn Gpt -------- ------------- ------- ------- --- --- Disk 1 Online 238 GB 0...
  8. unknown, Not initialize, unallocated external hard disk want to initialize

unknown, Not initialize, unallocated external hard disk want to initialize: I wanted to initialize unknown, unallocated,not initialize external hard disk, but when I go to disk manager and try to initialize the message pop up "Virtual disk manager access denied". Secondly, drive do not have any letter, and I CAN'T to assign letter to drive in...
  9. "Unallocated" hard drive

"Unallocated" hard drive: Hi I've got a hard drive that just completely stopped working. Removed it, and connected it to my laptop. It kept on asking if i wanted to format the drive., after tying everything i could, i gave up and formatted the hard drive. Everything went okay, and without any...
  10. Hard drive unallocated

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive unallocated: When i finished building my pc i installed windows 10 on my ssd and also i had installed a 2T hard drive. The computer in disk managment reads the hard drive as drive 0 and all of it is unallocated space. I have tried to assign it a letter in disk mangement but it wont let me...