Windows 10: Hard drive/bsod

Discus and support Hard drive/bsod in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i have an hp laptop that is less than a year old. I opened it from sleep mode and it was frozen. I noticed the drive light was not flashing at all. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by JamesSimler, May 9, 2019.

1. Hard drive/bsod

i have an hp laptop that is less than a year old. I opened it from sleep mode and it was frozen. I noticed the drive light was not flashing at all. I had to hold the power button because there wasnt anything else to do. But when i booted it back up it went into recovery(sometimes i does boot and the drive light is working, but when i try logging in the drive light stops and it bluescreens). I went Into the command prompt and i saw that it said the drive was X: instead of the normal C:. I try to go in the C: but it says it isnt present. I feel the hard drive isnt being detected, but i really want to go through sending it back.

:)

JamesSimler, May 9, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, May 9, 2019
  3. little cat, May 9, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

Hard drive/bsod

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, May 9, 2019
Thema:

Hard drive/bsod

1. Hard drive/bsod - Similar Threads - Hard drive bsod

2. BSOD on 4 separate Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on 4 separate Hard Drives: Good Day. Can someone plz read my dump file for me, to see if they can help me figure why I have been getting constant BSOD on my PC. 4 different Hard Drives 2 of them New. 1 SSD All doing same thing. BSOD prevent me from even formatting the PC. It’s a Huananzhi x99 F8D with...
  3. BSOD on 4 separate Hard Drives

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on 4 separate Hard Drives: Good Day. Can someone plz read my dump file for me, to see if they can help me figure why I have been getting constant BSOD on my PC. 4 different Hard Drives 2 of them New. 1 SSD All doing same thing. BSOD prevent me from even formatting the PC. It’s a Huananzhi x99 F8D with...
  4. Hard Drive acts weird after BSOD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive acts weird after BSOD: So yesterday I was playing Genshin Impact with my friends, and then suddenly the game froze and my system just straight up Blue Screen with the error code UNEXPECTED_STORE_EXCEPTION. Then it restarted and my hard drive is not detected by Windows at all. Then I shut the pc...
  5. New Hard Drive BSOD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    New Hard Drive BSOD: Hey guys, I purchased a new hard drive about two months ago but I've been receiving problems ever since. While I'm using the hard drive it randomly displays a BSOD with various errors and then reboots. Upon switching on I receive a "Hard drive not installed" message which...
  6. External hard drive giving BSOD

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard drive giving BSOD: when i plug in my passport ultra 1 tb drive it is giving me the BSOD and when I plug it into another computer it is giving me the same thing. the error message is: 5/22/2020 11:13 AM Windows Error Reporting Fault bucket , type 0
Event Name:...
  7. Stuck on BSOD with external hard drive attached

Stuck on BSOD with external hard drive attached: I was processing raw image files from an external hard drive when my screen went completely black. After a few seconds, I got the BSOD for the first time ever. It has been sitting at 100% complete for about 20 minutes. The fan is making a lot of noise (it's usually silent)....
  8. BSOD while torrenting to external hard drive

BSOD while torrenting to external hard drive: Hello, title says it all. Basically I was torrenting a large file to an external hard drive. For many hours, it worked fine, and while I was using the laptop, it was just for listening to music. It was the only torrent I was downloading during the time and I wasnt seeding...
  9. BSOD fresh install on new hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD fresh install on new hard drive: Hi, I have been getting the VERY FUN irql_not_less_or_equal BSOD after doing a fresh install on a brand new SSD. I can't for the life of me figure out what's causing the BSOD. Here are the files: DESKTOP-T065BLG-2018-12-17_131645_32.zip 123637
  10. BSOD - Windows 10 - New hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - Windows 10 - New hard drive: Hi everyone, I would really appreciate it if someone could help asap. All was working fine earlier today, but after leaving my pc in sleep mode to go make a cup of tea, I came back and it wouldn't wake up. So I forced it to reboot. Since then it, it gives a BSOD error as...