Windows 10: Hard Drive "Caution" questions and repair

Discus and support Hard Drive "Caution" questions and repair in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a slave drive that is giving me Caution (according to Crystal). I have already backed it up using windows file explorer. MR would not back it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by netrate, Jan 22, 2021.

1. netrate Win User

Hard Drive "Caution" questions and repair

I have a slave drive that is giving me Caution (according to Crystal).

I have already backed it up using windows file explorer. MR would not back it up, but since there is no OS and it is not partitioned, it isn't an issue.

I was wondering if this is a case of reformatting to fix it. Can I partition off the bad sectors?

It has yellow beside :

Current Pending Sector Count
    Uncorrectable sector count

I ran the WD diagnostic tool QUICK SCAN and it failed almost immediately. I am going to run a full scan as well to see.

Since this is not a boot drive, it still runs. Just wondering before I go and spend another $70 on a hard drive (note : this will be the third hard drive in about 1 month I have purchased!)

Also, is there a recommendation of SSD over Platter for backup/storage devices that are internal

:)

netrate, Jan 22, 2021
  2. The N Win User

WD Hard Drive Low Health & Caution

Hey guys,
    i have 2x500GB hard drives
    SEagate and WD

I have some a problem with my second hard drive. it showing me low health according to HArd Disk SEntimel and CrystalDiskInfo. its 85% which is not good if compare to Seagate 500Gb which is 99%.

In the second screenshot you can see the the "Reallocated sector Count" Caution. i dont know what is it. do i need to worrie about it. or what you suggest.

Hard Drive "Caution" questions and repair upload_2015-1-19_22-14-59-png.png

Hard Drive "Caution" questions and repair upload_2015-1-19_22-23-57-png.png

The N, Jan 22, 2021
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jan 22, 2021
  4. Hard Drive "Caution" questions and repair

Im having a Repair C drive Errors.

Try This

Follow these steps to repair corrupt hard disk without formatting, and get back the data.

1. Step 1: Run Antivirus Scan. Connect the hard drive to a Windows PC and use a reliable antivirus/malware tool to scan the drive or the system. ...
    2. Step 2: Run CHKDSK Scan. ...
    3. Step 3: Run SFC Scan. ...
    4. Step 4: Use a Data Recovery Tool.

Anthony'sHelping Hands, Jan 22, 2021
Thema:

Hard Drive "Caution" questions and repair

1. Hard Drive "Caution" questions and repair - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Caution

2. my hard drive is not repairing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my hard drive is not repairing: When I plug in my hard drive, the scanning and repair notification pops up so I press repair. The green loading bar gets finishes in about 2-3 minutes but it stays like that. I let it sit like that for a couple hours because I assumed I had a lot on my hard drive so it needed...
  3. How to repair a Hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to repair a Hard drive: Hi i have a 2 TB Seagate internal HDD, I am unsure what happened, it’s not very old and has always been fitted inside a PC case, so hasn’t been knocked. Windows refuses to boot up with it connected. I unplugged the Sata data lead, allowed windows to boot then reconnected...
  4. Hard drive question!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive question!: Long story short I am very frustrated with Windows. I switched to Mac years ago but still pull my old PC out every once in a while to game. However I got locked out of it and when I try to factory reset my computer I get errors. I’ve had nothing but issues with it. With that...
  5. Hard Drive Questions

Hard Drive Questions: Hello All Wondering for best compatiblity if i should try to find a Western Digital Black 2TB or it doesn't matter and will work fine with my Western Digital Blue 250GB SSD if i go for say a Seagate 2TB storage drive, Right now have Toshiba 1tb storage drive, kinda thinking...
  6. Advance hard drive question.

Advance hard drive question.: Hello all, New here. I have a question about advance format 4k hardrives. I have been putting desktops together from various parts from the thrift store the past few years. All machines work okay, but I ran into this advanced format stuff when formatting a drive. Been...
  7. Hard Drive Health Status (Caution)

Hard Drive Health Status (Caution): Hello! I ran CrystalDiskInfo and found out that its health status is caution. now, do you think that the bad sectors can be repaired? if yes, how? if no, how can I set CrystalDiskInfo to alert me when the situation is worse? thanks in advance. 90576
  8. Hard Drive question

Hard Drive question: Hello Guys, I know this sounds like a hardware question, but I couldn't find the Ten Forums version of the Seven Forums ''Seagate for Dos, how to use'' anywhere after a search. If I may.. does anyone here know how the bad sector repair functions? After performing a long...
  9. Hard drive recovery question

Hard drive recovery question: So i messed up and changed something around with how the files work on my slave drive and rendered it unusable. Now the drive is in RAW format. I ran Easeus data recovery and was able to get access to the files on that drive. I have two options, since i haven't enough...
  10. Hard Driving Cloning Question

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Driving Cloning Question: I am looking to upgrade a computer in my office to Windows 10 once it comes out. This computer needs to have its hard drive replicated. Currently we have two option to clone the hard drive, hardware based and software based cloning. Has anyone tried either method of cloning?...