Windows 10: Hard Drive Checking

Discus and support Hard Drive Checking in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; So I have been getting alot of check disks recently, I'm young and I don't know alot about tech or anything, so I just use the computer when I need to,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by ChuKai Le, Sep 18, 2018.

1. ChuKai Le Win User

Hard Drive Checking

So I have been getting alot of check disks recently, I'm young and I don't know alot about tech or anything, so I just use the computer when I need to, just browse the Web etc.

So I searched on my phone and found out if I manually turned off the computer using the power button multiple times, a Skip disk checking by pressing a key button would appear.

This worked for a good period of about 5 days, allowing to game and use Skype okay on my computer. But for the past 2 days, the chances of me getting it is less likely and I'm getting more automatic repairs and scans and repairs.

So, today, I woke up and turned on my computer. I expected the disk check to be there for a few times, along with some auto repairs, before I got a skip.

But I have been trying for the past 4 hours, and none of it had worked (Mind you, this is about 1000 times, because I know when a skip will pop up and when it will not so I can retry pretty quickly).

I need to use this computer for a long presentation practice I have due in about 2 days, and my phone, honestly cannot handle the amount of research and animations I'm going to put in the slides and scripts.

So I'm leaving the check disk on and hopefully it works. If not I'm quite screwed as I will only have tomorrow to borrow a computer to the paper on, which was given 1 week to work on but needs at least 2-3 days to finish.

So I have 3 Questions for this ridiculously long backstory :

What caused my Hard Drive c: to be required to be checked ( I believe its my habit of manually turning off the pc when alot of things are running just because my game isn't responding or the screen blacked out for 2 seconds and I get impatient), but is this a cause?

Is this going to be fixed by the repair, because I have seen problems from people that their things get stuck and somehow things go haywire and they can't use their stuff.

Will the skip reappear? I hope so because this practice has some really important tips for my slides and hence I need to present this to my teacher so I can get tips, so I don't fail my science, obviously.

-----

Well, sorry for the long question, and backstory.

I'm young so I generally like to give alot of backstory to how everything started.

If any techies know what i can do, please tell me.

if anyone needs more clarification about the disk, my habits or anything else, don't hesitate to ask!

:)

ChuKai Le, Sep 18, 2018

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Sep 18, 2018
  3. little cat, Sep 18, 2018
  4. Mathragh Win User

Hard Drive Checking

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Sep 18, 2018
Thema:

Hard Drive Checking

1. Hard Drive Checking - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Checking

2. Shrinking a exciting partition on hard drive safety check

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Shrinking a exciting partition on hard drive safety check: Thank youRead here its not an issue to have to back up everything before I do free up some space .seems with what I've read here I don't need some App for that. I can and Right inside Windows disk management. Right right click on partition format/shrink etc.I need only 15 or...
  3. Shrinking a exciting partition on hard drive safety check

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Shrinking a exciting partition on hard drive safety check: Thank youRead here its not an issue to have to back up everything before I do free up some space .seems with what I've read here I don't need some App for that. I can and Right inside Windows disk management. Right right click on partition format/shrink etc.I need only 15 or...
  4. Checking Entire Hard Drives for Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Checking Entire Hard Drives for Errors: There are two Western Digital hard drives in my system unit, each with the capacity of 1TB.I need to leave the computer running at night so that the drives may be checked and any found errors or bad sectors may be corrected by the time it is morning.Based on what is stated in...
  5. Checking Entire Hard Drives for Errors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Checking Entire Hard Drives for Errors: There are two Western Digital hard drives in my system unit, each with the capacity of 1TB.I need to leave the computer running at night so that the drives may be checked and any found errors or bad sectors may be corrected by the time it is morning.Based on what is stated in...
  6. Procedures to plug in and check an unknown hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Procedures to plug in and check an unknown hard drive: Received a PC from a relative, since I like to tinker with old PCs. It's busted, can't start so for now I just remove the hard drive + RAMs and recycled the rest. I have the necessary cables to hook the hard drive from that old PC up to my own PCs. However, I am worry there...
  7. Hard drive short dst check failure.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive short dst check failure.: So my comput I would constantly say preparing for automatic repair then get stuck on a black screen forever. İ powered it on and immediatly pressed down on esc. This took me to a page were i pressed system diagnoistic. After thag i tested mt hard drive and said this. Hard...
  8. Hard Drive short DST check: Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard Drive short DST check: Failed: Hi all, My hp laptop (bought in 2016) suddenly ran to problem "Your PC couldn't start properly" and i cannot reboot it again. When i ran the component test it shows Hard Drive short DST check: Failed. I have contacted the local hp service center. They were informed like...
  9. Hard Drive Short DST Check Failed

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Short DST Check Failed: So my laptop HP 14-ac136tu has been performing very slow for the last few months and so I decided to reset it but failed. When I turned it on again, it shows the hp logo then shows a black screen without cursor. I tried pressing the F2 before the logo starts and it directed...
  10. Checking hard drive for errors

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Checking hard drive for errors: Hello, I have a 3 yr old Samsung laptop which I thought was behaving properly. Today, Outlook froze and then as I tried to open other programs, each thing froze as well. I left it alone and things eventually sorted themselves out and the computer became functional again....