Windows 10: hard drive cleaning

Discus and support hard drive cleaning in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I would like to clean my hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-cleaning/05bfae9c-6174-4938-9e25-31f892008c04" Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by DelmerWilburn Jr., Jan 12, 2019 at 8:08 PM.

1. hard drive cleaning

I would like to clean my hard drive.

:)

DelmerWilburn Jr., Jan 12, 2019 at 8:08 PM

2. Clean a hard drive

I use a progam called Dban for cleaning off all the data.

Edit: If you don't care about the hard drive getting broken (hey I destroy all my old HD's), then do what I do. Real secure data removal requires the following:

Rifle (I have an SKS)
    10-15 Rounds FMJ (I use Chinese Steel Core 124gr 7.62x39mm, but bonus points if you use incendiary (black tip) rounds.)
    Ability to shoot well.

Set up the hard drive 20 yards away or more. Scrap metal is possible, but usually the aluminum is pretty tame. Mark 10-15 spots on hard drive to shoot, and 1 in the spindle. Then just step back, shoot, and see that you made data removal quick, easy, and most importantly fun! Nothing says "No Warez Here" like 15 bullet holes in your hard disk!

PVTCaboose1337, Jan 12, 2019 at 8:10 PM
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jan 12, 2019 at 8:10 PM
  4. hard drive cleaning

Thema:

hard drive cleaning

1. hard drive cleaning - Similar Threads - hard drive cleaning

2. Clean hard disk

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Clean hard disk: I was wondering about using Darik,s Boot and Nuke to clean the hard disk and install windows pro a question for greg maccormack thanks gary https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/clean-hard-disk/4ddd9e55-3b50-4b95-ab5a-c88d0292f245
  3. How to wipe a hard drive clean?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to wipe a hard drive clean?: Hey there mates. I'm currently in the process of building a new computer and am aiming to nuke my old hard drive due to the fact that I'll be using it as a sort of secondary drive for the bulk of items, but I'll be using a new SSD as the drive that contains the OS. On top...
  4. Serious cleaning of hard drive with Windows 10 (64 bit)?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Serious cleaning of hard drive with Windows 10 (64 bit)?: Hi all, I have tried free and paid software to actually clean up my hard drive but then I go looking around in file explorer and see tons of entries such as windows temp directories chock full of files that add up pretty quickly. I presume most of the clean up software...
  5. Windows 10 cleaned up my Hard Drive?

Windows 10 cleaned up my Hard Drive?: I just upgraded to W10 from W7 less than a week ago. So far it's been great, no problems (fingers crossed) But I have a question about the hard drive: it now has a LOT more free space than it did. The upgrade removed over 200GB from it. I have checked all my docus and...
  6. Software to Clean Hard Drive

Software to Clean Hard Drive: Good morning, I would like to thank everyone for all of the help I have received with my problem. However, I could not get the hard drive cleaned. Is there a software that TECHS use to clean the hard drive? I willing to buy it today. 101333
  7. Cannot format Hard drive to completely install clean Windows

Cannot format Hard drive to completely install clean Windows: Hi, I have a Viglen (Tesco's) Connect 10 tablet (Desktop-CTR0QB9). BIOS - american megatrends Ver 5.008. CPU - Intel Atom z3735G @ 1.33Ghz 32Bit with 64Bit support. Was all up to date with V1709, Malwarebytes, Defender. I was having a problem with the screen and...
  8. Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?

Does clean install of Win10 format hard drive?: Granted...this may be a dumb question...but I botched the upgrade to Win10 by selecting 32-bit instead of 64-bit. *Redface*cry*Sad I'm planning to do a clean install, from a bootable flash using the Media Creator tool (that includes the Ann. update) I know I'll lose all...
  9. Will a clean install securely wipe the entire hard drive?

Will a clean install securely wipe the entire hard drive?: If I want to completely and securely wipe my hard drive so that there is nothing recoverable left, will a clean win 10 install with formatting do this? Or do I need to first use killdisk or something similar to wipe the drive, then install windows? if I use a tool like...
  10. Clean install on a new 250gb hard drive/

Clean install on a new 250gb hard drive/: I previously used windows xp and just went and bought a new hard drive and windows 10 usb. Im confused. I installed the hard drive along with my old master drive, using it as slave i presume. Will it auto partition the new hard drive 40591