Windows 10: Hard drive completely filled in hours.

Discus and support Hard drive completely filled in hours. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; So as you can probably tell from the subject, my hard drive C: is completely full and this has happened in the span of a few hours. When I had left for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Sean_Gibson, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Hard drive completely filled in hours.

So as you can probably tell from the subject, my hard drive C: is completely full and this has happened in the span of a few hours. When I had left for college my C drive was no more than 50% full as I only store a few applications and the OS on it and I have separate hard drives for everything else games etc, I had left my computer on as I was in a rush and forgot to turn it off but when I got home no more than 5 hours later I was left with no more than 5GB of free space left on it.

I was wondering if this happens to other people and what could be causing this?

I study IT and have tried some basic things such as disk cleanup and running a virus scan in case it was a worm or other virus creating files but found nothing.

:)

Sean_Gibson, Feb 26, 2020
  2. Megasux Win User

Package Microsoft.UI.Xaml logging 500 errors per hour and filling my hard drive

Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 12GB RAM, i7 processor - fully up to date according to windows update.

For some reason my 1TB SSD was suddenly 100% full.

Windows\Temp had 793GB of event files.

Reset windows app store

Reset windows update

Still getting 500 events logged per hour which is slowly filling my hard drive again.

There are two error messages logged for each event:

Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status for package Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.2_2.21909.17002.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe for user ComputerID\UserID (current status = 0x0, desired status = 0x20).

Failed with 0x490 modifying AppModel Runtime status for package Microsoft.UI.Xaml.2.2_2.21909.17002.0_x86__8wekyb3d8bbwe for user ComputerID\UserID (current status = 0x0, desired status = 0x20).

So what is this Microsoft.UI.Xaml for and how do we stop it logging errors continually and filling up my hard drive?

It has been suggested that these messages are harmless and can be ignored. They are not harmless as they cripple my computer when the hard drive fills up. If they are not important then why log them?

Megasux, Feb 26, 2020
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 26, 2020
  4. Hard drive completely filled in hours.

little cat, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Hard drive completely filled in hours.

1. Hard drive completely filled in hours. - Similar Threads - Hard drive completely

2. Temp files fill hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp files fill hard drive: Hi. I just bought a new HP desktop with Win 11. Imagine my surprise to find my 237gb SSD drive is filled with 198gb of temporary and system files which I apparently can't remove. I already deleted a 19gb Windows.old file. How can I get rid of the rest of the stuff crowding my...
  3. Temp files fill hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp files fill hard drive: Hi. I just bought a new HP desktop with Win 11. Imagine my surprise to find my 237gb SSD drive is filled with 198gb of temporary and system files which I apparently can't remove. I already deleted a 19gb Windows.old file. How can I get rid of the rest of the stuff crowding my...
  4. hard drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive keeps filling up: help window insider 10 pro version:1909 windows 10 wont update and hard drive stays full no matter how fast i delete things it stays full how do I fix this problem. because of the disc being full cannot even save a restore point....
  5. Windows Updates Filling Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Updates Filling Hard Drive: I've got a problem that is occuring sporadically where Windows Updates will fill a drive to capacity - when we dig into the Windows\SoftwareDistribution folder we inevitably find one update that just has dozens of copies of the update and they keep coming. Some of the PCs...
  6. Package Microsoft.UI.Xaml logging 500 errors per hour and filling my hard drive

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Package Microsoft.UI.Xaml logging 500 errors per hour and filling my hard drive: Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, 12GB RAM, i7 processor - fully up to date according to windows update. For some reason my 1TB SSD was suddenly 100% full. Windows\Temp had 793GB of event files. Reset windows app store Reset windows update Still getting 500 events logged per hour...
  7. Hard Drive Suddenly filling up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hard Drive Suddenly filling up: I have an Asus laptop running the latest Win10 update, 1903. It has a 500G HD that usually has about 200G in use. Today I checked and it was almost full, only about 5G remaining. What could be causing this? I checked programs using appwiz.cpl and saw nothing strange. I have...
  8. Hard Drive Randomly Filling Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Randomly Filling Up: My 256 GB hard drive has zero space left (programs now shutting down, etc.). I deleted or moved all duplicate files ; documents and applications only account for about 50 GB. When I free up a few GB, it rapidly fills up again. This is not a defrag issue; this is something...
  9. Hard drive filling up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive filling up: Each night my hard drive fills up. I can't figure out where the free space is going. I can clear off 5 gigs, but the next morning there is a 'low disk space' error.. How can I find where the empty space is being used? Can I search by newest file created? 106834
  10. Hard drive filled with invisible files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive filled with invisible files.: My C:\ drive, which holds the Windows 10 OS, programs data/files and a little bit of user data, shows that I have used roughly 600gb of space (first image below) on a 1TB SSD. When I use WinDirStat to see what's on that drive, it shows that I have about 120gb of data on it...