Windows 10: Hard Drive connected via external SATA to USB cable is not showing in Windows

Discus and support Hard Drive connected via external SATA to USB cable is not showing in Windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a 500GB 2.5" form factor hard disk which I encrypted using bitlocker. It worked fine, I enter the password and it gets decrypted, however while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MohdMuzzammil, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Hard Drive connected via external SATA to USB cable is not showing in Windows

I have a 500GB 2.5" form factor hard disk which I encrypted using bitlocker. It worked fine, I enter the password and it gets decrypted, however while encrypting the encryption did not completed and it stuck at 92% regardless the drive works fine whenever I plug it, the drive would be locked and I have to enter the password to unlock it and I connect the drive through a SATA to USB cable since it is a laptopt HDD it worked through a USB port. But recently, when I plugged the hard drive it didn't show up in This PC Devices and drives section. I plugged and unplugged it a few times and thought

:)

MohdMuzzammil, Nov 23, 2021

2. External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable

I have a 1TB external hard drive (Medion HDDrive 2 GO) from 2010 that came with a Medion PC from Aldi which my family still use. It is equiped with an eSata connection and a USB2 connection. Both these work fine on the old Medion PC running Windows 10 Home 32bit. The eSata connection is much faster speed and I have a eSata to USB3 adaptor cable which works fine on the Medion PC.
    I want to use this external drive of a newer PC that only has USB 2 and 3 connections. It works fine plugged into both USB2 and USB3 with the standard USB to USB cable.
    But plugging the eSata to USB3 cable in nothing happens.
    I have tried to see if I can get a driver from Medion but the unit is not listed on their web site.
    Also have tried to see if I can get a driver on the internet and did install one that looked hopeful but did not help.
    Attached are images of the showing the drivers in use on the Medion PC (Windows 10 Home 32 bit) when connected by USB to USB cable and eSata to USB cable.
    Also attached is image of driver in use on newer PC (Windows 10 Pro 64 bit) when connected by USB to USB cable.

Older Medion PC says when connected with eSata to USB cable that External Hard Drive is a ASMT 2115 USB device - disk drive (driver Microsoft 10.0.14393.0 21/06/2006)
    and when connected by USB to USB cable as Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 USB drive (driver Microsoft 10.0.14393.0 21/06/2006).

On newer PC (Win 10 Pro 64 bit) when connected by USB to USB cable it says Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 USB drive (driver Microsoft 10.0.14393.1613 21/06/2006).

Any suggestions on how to get the eSata to USB3 cable connection for this externasl hard drive to work on Windows 10 Pro 64 bit PC?
    Would it be possible to copy some how driver from older PC to new PC?

Many thanks for any advice.

Hard Drive connected via external SATA to USB cable is not showing in Windows [​IMG]

Hard Drive connected via external SATA to USB cable is not showing in Windows [​IMG]

Chillblast2017, Nov 23, 2021
  3. luarpc Win User
    External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable

Hi Chillbast2017.

Try this:

Connect your External Hard Drive eSata to USB3 to new pc.
    Open Computer Management, then Disk Management and at the bottom search for your 1 TB external hard drive, if you can see it there, right click mouse on it, then click on Change Drive Letter and Paths, click on Add, choose Assign the Following Drive Letter, choose the letter on your right and click ok. Close Computer Management. See if it worked. I had the same problem with an old HD on Windows 10 x64, windows didn't recognize the hard drive connected with eSata cable to USB 2 or 3, and this did the trick.

Cheers

luarpc, Nov 23, 2021
  4. Bree Win User

Hard Drive connected via external SATA to USB cable is not showing in Windows

Bipra external USB Hard Drive no longer connects

Open Device Manager, click 'View > Show hidden devices'. Find your external drive in the list under 'Disk drives'. Right-click on it and select 'Uninstall device'. Now try connecting it again.

If it still fails, try another USB to USB cable (if you have one), the original may be faulty.

Thema:

Hard Drive connected via external SATA to USB cable is not showing in Windows

1. Hard Drive connected via external SATA to USB cable is not showing in Windows - Similar Threads - Hard Drive connected

2. Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB: I recently pulled an old Toshiba 2.5 harddrive out my a laptop whose battery had died. I was hoping to pull the data off it onto my new laptop, but my current machine simply won't recognise it. I have the drive connected via a SATA to USB cable, both USB plugs plugged in, so...
  3. Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB: I recently pulled an old Toshiba 2.5 harddrive out my a laptop whose battery had died. I was hoping to pull the data off it onto my new laptop, but my current machine simply won't recognise it. I have the drive connected via a SATA to USB cable, both USB plugs plugged in, so...
  4. Old Hard Drive not Showing When Connected Via SATA to USB

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive connected via external SATA to USB cable is not showing in Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive connected via external SATA to USB cable is not showing in Windows: I have a 500GB 2.5" form factor hard disk which I encrypted using bitlocker. It worked fine, I enter the password and it gets decrypted, however while encrypting the encryption did not completed and it stuck at 92% regardless the drive works fine whenever I plug it, the drive...
  6. Hard Drive connected via external SATA to USB cable is not showing in Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive connected via external SATA to USB cable is not showing in Windows: I have a 500GB 2.5" form factor hard disk which I encrypted using bitlocker. It worked fine, I enter the password and it gets decrypted, however while encrypting the encryption did not completed and it stuck at 92% regardless the drive works fine whenever I plug it, the drive...
  7. external hard drive connected by usb

external hard drive connected by usb: How do I get windows file explorer to recognize a 500 giga bite hard drive connected by USB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-connected-by-usb/57ede349-6ed9-4cb0-bf8d-d9d999cf1157
  8. External USB hard drive not showing

External USB hard drive not showing: Hello, I got a laptop, which I bought only last month and I decided to plug my external hard drive in. Everything was going fine for a while, until a couple of day later when my laptop refused to recognise my USB drive. I spent hours updating the BIOS, updating windows,...
  9. External hard drive not detected (USB 3.0, SATA)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard drive not detected (USB 3.0, SATA): Hi. I'm trying to connect an external hard drive to my PC but it won't show up. Best I can do with it is light it up. If I connect it to a USB 2.0 port, it keeps on disconnecting as it should. But on 3.0 ports, it either lights up or doesnt light up but not show up at all....
  10. External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable

External Hard Drive not seen when connecting by eSata to USB 3 cable: I have a 1TB external hard drive (Medion HDDrive 2 GO) from 2010 that came with a Medion PC from Aldi which my family still use. It is equiped with an eSata connection and a USB2 connection. Both these work fine on the old Medion PC running Windows 10 Home 32bit. The eSata...