Windows 10: hard drive crash, lost access to all files.

Discus and support hard drive crash, lost access to all files. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; If my hard drive crashed on my Inspiron 15 3521, and I buy a new hard drive to replace it, do I have to buy another copy of Windows 10 that was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by dwl814, Jan 10, 2020.

1. dwl814 Win User

hard drive crash, lost access to all files.

If my hard drive crashed on my Inspiron 15 3521, and I buy a new hard drive to replace it, do I have to buy another copy of Windows 10 that was installed on my OS?

:)

dwl814, Jan 10, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Jan 10, 2020
  3. Lost file permissions

Hi Joseph,

Access is denied error occurs when there is a hard drive failure. When this happens, it will not allow you from accessing the saved files.

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest running the error checking tool. This is a built-in tool in Windows used for checking and fixing devices errors. Follow the steps below:

• Connect your external hard drive to your PC.
    • Go to This PC/My Computer.
    • Right-click the name of your external hard drive or file folder, choose
      Properties
    • Select Tools tab and click Check or
      Check Now button

Keep us in the loop with the result.

Ronalene Mat, Jan 10, 2020
  4. Platibus Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Jan 10, 2020
Thema:

1. hard drive crash, lost access to all files. - Similar Threads - hard drive crash

2. Is there a way to access my lost hard drive without using it

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is there a way to access my lost hard drive without using it: A while ago I lost my hard drive and was unable to find it and recently my hard disk was cleaned by accident and I was unable to use my hard drive to restore my lost data....
  3. Portable hard drive and accessing files

Portable hard drive and accessing files: I have located my portable hard drive on my laptop Windows 10, but I'm struggling to locate the files. I've tried the "hidden files" option but all I see is my hard drive icon. Can anyone help me to view the files? Thanks...
  4. Lost hard drives

Lost hard drives: I have a somewhat complicated set up with two computers, a main and the backup, and a large number of peripherals that are attached to switches to move them between the two computers. The problem I have is on my main computer and concerns three USB external hard drives. They...
  5. I lost access to my files on external hard drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    I lost access to my files on external hard drive: I am trying to find my old video file stored on external HDD. It is an AMV video that I did long ago....Unfortunately, that file is locked. When I was trying to unlock it, I received an error 0x80071771: The specified file could not be decrypted. This hdd had Windows XP on...
  6. Lost all files in C Drive.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Lost all files in C Drive.: I need help from technical support urgently. I lost all my files in all folders - Music, Download etc. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/lost-all-files-in-c-drive/2c95561b-1182-47fe-8b2f-96cf46b9c2c6"
  7. Lost access to external hard drive because of Bitlocker

Lost access to external hard drive because of Bitlocker: Any PC that I plug my external hard drive in, asks me to enter a password to Bitlocker. The problem is that I have never installed a password for Bitlocker and I don’t have recovery keys in my Microsoft Account. In the result I am unable to access my hard drive...
  8. access to files on hard drive from crashed laptop

access to files on hard drive from crashed laptop: My laptop died and I have removed the harddrive and can access it through a usb connection on another laptop. While I have access to all my files on the e:drive, I can't open any of them. Note says I don't have permission to access. went to properties and changed access...
  9. Can no longer access all computers/files/external hard drives

Can no longer access all computers/files/external hard drives: My computers crashed a few days ago - power failure - when everything was back up, my external hard drives were no longer visible on one PC in my network/homegroup the files are still visible in homegroup - I just get an error when trying to access. The message...
  10. How to access files hard drive

in Windows 10 Support
    How to access files hard drive: Hi Folks, I have an ongoing problem due to a Windows update that installed overnight and I am unable to log in to my computer, and I cannot enter safe mode. I have blogged this separately. I want to be able to view and copy the files on my original Surface Pro computer...