Windows 10: Hard drive crashed, need to re-install previously purchased digital game.

Discus and support Hard drive crashed, need to re-install previously purchased digital game. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Is there a way to re-download an online digital purchased game since my hard drive crashed or does it need to be re-purchased? Thank you.... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by NICKM1A1, Mar 22, 2020.

1. NICKM1A1 Win User

Hard drive crashed, need to re-install previously purchased digital game.

Is there a way to re-download an online digital purchased game since my hard drive crashed or does it need to be re-purchased?

Thank you.

:)

NICKM1A1, Mar 22, 2020

2. installing previously purchased (and installed) game on new hard drive

Just wondering if it's possible to reinstall a previously purchased game onto a new hard drive, as the game i previously installed i can no longer access due to having to replace old hard drive due to error / failure. Or would you have to purchase the game
    again?

Thanks

SymonMagnus, Mar 22, 2020
  3. installing previously purchased (and installed) game on new hard drive

I bought it from the Microsoft store. I can see it in my previously purchased list but It's not allowing me to install the game. Was wondering if it only limited it to one install per purchase or something?

SymonMagnus, Mar 22, 2020
  4. Carlo Fer Win User

Can not install a game I've previously purchased

Hello Daniel,

Games that you bought from the Microsoft store can be downloaded and reinstalled. You can check your purchases in your order history. Please refer to this
    link. Make sure you're signed in using the same Microsoft account used to purchase the app in the Store.

First, try to sign out from the Microsoft Store app, then sign back in. Please follow the steps below:

1. Open the Store app.
    2. Click the user icon next to the search box in the top-right.
    3. Click the user account currently signed in.
    4. Select the account and click Sign out.
    5. Click the user icon next to the search box in the top-right.
    6. Click on Sign in.
    7. Enter your Microsoft account used to purchase Age of Empires: Definitive Edition, then click
      Sign in.
    Once your signed in using the right Microsoft account, reinstall a purchased game using the Store app by following the steps below:

1. Open Store icon. Click the (three dots), up by your account picture.
    2. Select My Library. you can view recently purchased as well as installed apps and games from the Store. To view all apps and games, click
      Show all link. See screenshot below:

Hard drive crashed, need to re-install previously purchased digital game. 28deacc7-4be0-40cd-b744-b53a59fb571e?upload=true.jpg

Hard drive crashed, need to re-install previously purchased digital game. cf473bc7-2ee5-4946-bd71-0136b028312a?upload=true.jpg
    3. To install a previously purchased app, click the download icon next to the app name (this will open the app page) that you want to install/reinstall and then click
      Install button to download and install the app.

If you have additional questions, or if the issue persists after the troubleshooting steps above, please let me know by replying to this thread. This way, I'll get notified and respond back to you as soon as I can.

Carlo Fer, Mar 22, 2020
Thema:

1. Hard drive crashed, need to re-install previously purchased digital game. - Similar Threads - Hard drive crashed

2. Previous Hard drive not detected after clean install

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previous Hard drive not detected after clean install: I have windows 11, I just bought a 4tb ssd and clean installed windows on it, but when I logged in to the computer after setup it detects all my other drives but the 1tb ssd that had the OS beforeNow, it IS detected in disk manager, but I do not want to format it and loose...
  3. Previous Hard drive not detected after clean install

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Previous Hard drive not detected after clean install: I have windows 11, I just bought a 4tb ssd and clean installed windows on it, but when I logged in to the computer after setup it detects all my other drives but the 1tb ssd that had the OS beforeNow, it IS detected in disk manager, but I do not want to format it and loose...
  4. Re-using licence key from crashed hard drive for fresh installation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Re-using licence key from crashed hard drive for fresh installation: I want to reuse my license key for fresh installation after my hard drive crashed can I do that?I also have windows 10 license keys from my laptops which I have disposed of...
  5. Downloading a previously purchased game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Downloading a previously purchased game: I previously purchased Minecraft Dungeons Hero Edition, and downloaded it on one pc. How do I download the same game THAT I BOUGHT, on a different pc, without buying it again? I signed into the Microsoft account and store on the new pc, and I see the order, but when I try to...
  6. Hard drive failed; need help re-installing Windows on new one

Hard drive failed; need help re-installing Windows on new one: My old hard drive failed and I've ordered a new one. I know that it won't have Windows installed on it. Since my computer was running Windows 10, if I get an install disc for Windows 10 will my computer be able to recognize that I've already had it installed with a key...
  7. installing previously purchased (and installed) game on new hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    installing previously purchased (and installed) game on new hard drive: Just wondering if it's possible to reinstall a previously purchased game onto a new hard drive, as the game i previously installed i can no longer access due to having to replace old hard drive due to error / failure. Or would you have to purchase the game again? Thanks...
  8. Motherboard crashed and need to Re activate digital license on same hard drives

Motherboard crashed and need to Re activate digital license on same hard drives: My Motherdboard crashed beginning of 2018 and I could not afford to repair at the time. I now used the same hard drives, but cannot activate windows 10 pro for few days now. Used troubleshouter without any success. Error code (0x803F7001) Please assist since I bought...
  9. Boot hard drive failing and needing re-installed on the new boot hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Boot hard drive failing and needing re-installed on the new boot hard drive: I have a boot hard drive failing. I wanted to re-install my Windows 10 and accounts software back on to a new disk. I want to know how I can back up what is on the failing disk so that I can re-install it on the new disk. The guidance in windows 10 is woeful and it has failed...
  10. Previous purchase

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Previous purchase: I purchased Minecraft for Windows 10 in May, 2017. My computer had to be reset & I lost all the things. I have not had an issue with anything other than Minecraft, which isn't downloading at all. I have been at this for 2 hours &, for the safety of my computer, am requesting...