Windows 10: Hard drive crashed

Discus and support Hard drive crashed in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS 9100 from 2011, the HD stopped working last night. I have a new drive ordered and was wanting to know if the Windows 7 key on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by BGibby1, Dec 25, 2019.

1. BGibby1 Win User

Hard drive crashed

I have a Dell XPS 9100 from 2011, the HD stopped working last night. I have a new drive ordered and was wanting to know if the Windows 7 key on the computer would be valid for Windows 10, did the key roll over to the update? I would like to avoid buying a new copy of Windows 10 if I can since I bought 7 when the machine was new.

If anyone has any ideas on the HD I'm open to trying to fix that. I get a 2000 0141 error code and the tips to fix it have not worked.

Thanks for any help.

:)

BGibby1, Dec 25, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 25, 2019
  3. little cat, Dec 25, 2019
  4. Mathragh Win User

Hard drive crashed

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Dec 25, 2019
Thema:

Hard drive crashed

1. Hard drive crashed - Similar Threads - Hard drive crashed

2. Hard drive crash

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive crash: I purchased my surface 4 years ago. One evening surface worked great. The next morning it wouldnt turn on unless i had power cord attached. It ran horribly skie in addition. After one hour on the phone with tech support i was told my surface warrenty ended 1 year ago. My hard...
  3. Hard drive crashed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard drive crashed: My hard drive crashed on my computer and I had to buy a new one. I had to make up an email to get it to let me get in *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. The last one had my Yahoo email which is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. How can I get that...
  4. HARD DRIVE CRASH

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HARD DRIVE CRASH: sony vaio model - SVE14132CXB, hard drive crash. what do I do. how to recover original windows. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crash/82cc9941-b4d6-4434-9b18-e33b92382494
  5. Hard drive with Win10 keeps crashing to hard drive with Win7

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive with Win10 keeps crashing to hard drive with Win7: Hello, I'm not sure if this is even a Windows issue but I thought I'd try to see if maybe anyone can shed some insight as to what the heck is going on with my computer! I have a HDD with Win7 installed and as a partition from way back when. I've since gotten a SSD with...
  6. Hard drive crashed

Hard drive crashed: Hardware crashed lnstalling new hardware how do i reinstall windows 10 on new hardware. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crashed/7fc2f13c-081a-48de-9344-da8ac6ccded4
  7. Hard drive fatal crashed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hard drive fatal crashed: 2016 Toshiba Satellite Laptop with windows 10, hard drive totally crashed. I have installed New SSD and windows 8.1 with key, because no disc or key came with laptop. How can I get back to windows 10. Please advice with steps,thanks...
  8. Hard drive crash with no backup

Hard drive crash with no backup: Hard drive crash on PC with no backup. Do I need to buy a new license key for Windows? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crash-with-no-backup/a8309843-ad58-4a8a-8580-9641a8fe07fa
  9. Hard drive crashed

Hard drive crashed: My hard drive crashed and I have windows 10. How do I get windows 10 back on it so it will boot up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-crashed/540c3762-0a69-4171-84c6-cb5a9382c0e8
  10. Hard drive crash.

Hard drive crash.: Need to install a new SSD and am not sure how to get the Windows Key needed for 10 installation? My computer was upgraded from 8.1 to 10 and I supposedly have a digital entitlement....