Windows 10: Hard Drive D: is not accessible - A device which does not exist was specified

Discus and support Hard Drive D: is not accessible - A device which does not exist was specified in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; This issue came up out of the blue and I've tried several possible solutions listed online one had me go into the security settings in the properties... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ClayLogsdon, Nov 11, 2020.

1. Hard Drive D: is not accessible - A device which does not exist was specified

This issue came up out of the blue and I've tried several possible solutions listed online one had me go into the security settings in the properties of the drive and another had me go into Local Group Policy Editor to fix this but none have worked and so I'm hoping that someone here may be able to help me figure this out.

Hard Drive D: is not accessible - A device which does not exist was specified 1d8cea74-c383-4416-91a8-adc1d1dec19c?upload=true.jpg

Many thanks in advance.

:)

ClayLogsdon, Nov 11, 2020

2. Cannot access D drive since upgrading to Windows 10.

Hello Judy,

Thank you for replying quickly with the status of the issue.

Please reply to few more questions:

• Is the D: drive located on the same hard disk or on different hard disk?

• Did you have any important data saved on the
      D:
      drive?

If the D: is saved on another hard disk and you are unable to access it, I suggest you to format the drive completely and check if the issue is resolved.

To format the hard disk, follow the steps below:

• Press Windows logo + X keys on the keyboard and select
      Disk management option.

• Right click on the D: drive and select
      Format option.

• Wait for the formatting to complete and check if the changes are effective.

Write to us with the status of the issue for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Nov 11, 2020
  3. Location is not available F:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. External hard drive

Hi,

Most of the time, when your external hard drive shows that error message, it suggests that you don’t have the privilege of accessing to the disk partition. We need to get a permit to take ownership of the drive. Follow the steps below:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Right-click your hard drive, then select Properties.
    • Go to Security tab.
    • Click Advanced, then select Edit.
    • On the Owner tab, modify the ownership of the specified account.
    • Click Apply, then OK.
    Update us with the outcome so we can provide further assistance.

Martin Bar, Nov 11, 2020
  4. Hard Drive D: is not accessible - A device which does not exist was specified

E;/ is not accessible. A device which does not exist was specified.

Hi,

I have a HP laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I have a Seagate external which I have been using for a few years. But since yesterday, When I tried to open it, the message 'E;/ is not accessible. A device which does not exist was specified’
    came up. I did a bit of research and I ran prompt command and typed in CHKDSK E: /F /R /X’. it said the type of file system is RAW. I tried to open the hard drive It still isn’t working. Now it says 'E;/ is not accessible. The request could be not performed
    because of an I/O device error.’

Thanks,

S.

Anything18, Nov 11, 2020
Thema:

Hard Drive D: is not accessible - A device which does not exist was specified

1. Hard Drive D: is not accessible - A device which does not exist was specified - Similar Threads - Hard Drive accessible

2. A device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A device which does not exist was specified: I ran into this error - A device which does not exist was specified - while trying to access an SSD from Windows console running a directory listing. I believe the sequence of events leading up to it was the SSD wasunplugged and replugged in after which I reran the listing...
  3. a device which does not exist was specified

a device which does not exist was specified: when i try to initialize Disk D: im getting '' a device which does not exist was specified '' error.https://pasteboard.co/kdUaARPS8tIT.png https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/a-device-which-does-not-exist-was-specified/eb95fa85-64ea-4d0f-ba47-5ad874f29251
  4. Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.: I'm getting this error message every time I try to open a USB drive. Sometimes it can be opened, but when I try to take out files it doesn't work and says "this file can cause harm to your computer," and sometimes it just crashes File Explorer.I've tried to repair it using...
  5. Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.: I'm getting this error message every time I try to open a USB drive. Sometimes it can be opened, but when I try to take out files it doesn't work and says "this file can cause harm to your computer," and sometimes it just crashes File Explorer.I've tried to repair it using...
  6. Drive is not accessible. A device that does not exist was specified.

7. E: not accessible a Device which does not exist was specified

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    E: not accessible a Device which does not exist was specified: Hi i recently upgraded my CPU and motherboard. reinstalled my widows and the pc is has been running fine. however i noticed when trying to use an old data cd that i get the above error when trying to open the bluray drive. i remember the drive worked with the windows...
  8. A device which does not exist was specified

A device which does not exist was specified: Please help me ,I don't know what to do with this error which appears when ever I want to open my USB flash . Actually I can't open my USB flash . Please help me . [ATTACH]...
  9. E;/ is not accessible. A device which does not exist was specified.

E;/ is not accessible. A device which does not exist was specified.: Hi, I have a HP laptop with Windows 10 Pro. I have a Seagate external which I have been using for a few years. But since yesterday, When I tried to open it, the message 'E;/ is not accessible. A device which does not exist was specified’ came up. I did a bit of research...
  10. A device which does not exist was specified.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    A device which does not exist was specified.: z[IMG] I tried installing Mojave Hackintosh on my Dell Inspiron PC and it got installed, after I tried restarting my laptop, it stuck on a boot loop. Then, I got upset and tried installing Ubuntu which then showed the error like "Kernel Panic". Then, I tried installing...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to fix error a device which does not exist was specified

2. windows a device specified dies not exist

3. when i try to initialize disk i get a device which does not exist was specified