Windows 10: Hard Drive Data Transfer Using USB Cable Shows Only One Drive (The C: One), Instead Of Both...

Discus and support Hard Drive Data Transfer Using USB Cable Shows Only One Drive (The C: One), Instead Of Both... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, Since my desktop is not working, I'm transferring the data from the partitioned WDC hard drive (two partitions, C: and D:) using a USB cable. The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jesse Liv, Sep 21, 2019.

1. Jesse Liv Win User

Hard Drive Data Transfer Using USB Cable Shows Only One Drive (The C: One), Instead Of Both...

Hi,

Since my desktop is not working, I'm transferring the data from the partitioned WDC hard drive (two partitions, C: and DHard Drive Data Transfer Using USB Cable Shows Only One Drive (The C: One), Instead Of Both... :) using a USB cable.

The desktop hard drive (Disk 2 in image) appears on my laptop as a monolithic single drive (letter G: in image 1). It shows the size of 930 GB, which is the total size of the drive adding both the partitions.

That's Ok if it was not for the issue that only my C: drive data (Program Files, etc.) from the desktop hard drive is visible, while my main D: drive personal data is not visible. I know the data should be there since the full drive size of 930 GB is being displayed. But I don't know how to access the 2nd partition data, which in fact is ~750 GB allocation of that 930 GB total. I've also added image of Event Viewer, in case it may be helpful.

I can't find a solution after spending significant time researching.

Any help will be appreciated. If you need more screenshots or information, please let me know.

Thanks

Hard Drive Data Transfer Using USB Cable Shows Only One Drive (The C: One), Instead Of Both... 32a065ae-e60c-452a-b235-940357983828?upload=true.png

==============

Hard Drive Data Transfer Using USB Cable Shows Only One Drive (The C: One), Instead Of Both... c5e17c2b-204a-452b-9b7c-9d3065c05cec?upload=true.png

:)

Jesse Liv, Sep 21, 2019
  2. gabe02 Win User

n95 data transfer by cable.

Do not used the transfer data instead go to control panel in your PC and browse the hard drive where the nokia usb cable is connected.:smileywink:

gabe02, Sep 21, 2019
  3. exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Sep 21, 2019
  4. Hard Drive Data Transfer Using USB Cable Shows Only One Drive (The C: One), Instead Of Both...

Lost data from hard drive, what to do now?

Well, I'm sorry to hear that it's a WD My Passport that failed on you, @tomhenry ! *Frown Hard Drive Data Transfer Using USB Cable Shows Only One Drive (The C: One), Instead Of Both... :(
    I'd recommend you to try using a different USB cable with it and see if that will help your system to detect it without it disconnecting.
    I'd also suggest you to go to Disk Management and see how the drive is listed there. It won't hurt to check up on the health and SMART status of the HDD by running the QUICK and EXTENDED tests from the WD's Data LifeGuard Diagnostics. Here's a link to the available software: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=11ZOpD

Give these troubleshooting steps a try and keep us posted with the results!
    SuperSoph_WD

SuperSoph_WD, Sep 21, 2019
Thema:

Hard Drive Data Transfer Using USB Cable Shows Only One Drive (The C: One), Instead Of Both...

1. Hard Drive Data Transfer Using USB Cable Shows Only One Drive (The C: One), Instead Of Both... - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Data

2. Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another: Hello,I am in a unique situation where I had to remove my hard drive from my windows computer. All the contents of that hard drive now lives in a locally shared folder space dropbox. I now would like to copy the contents of the old hard drive now on dropbox to another hard...
  3. Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another: Hello,I am in a unique situation where I had to remove my hard drive from my windows computer. All the contents of that hard drive now lives in a locally shared folder space dropbox. I now would like to copy the contents of the old hard drive now on dropbox to another hard...
  4. Transferring Windows to one Hard drive to another

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. My main hard drive the one C:\ is on is showing as raw

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My main hard drive the one C:\ is on is showing as raw: My main hard drive the one C:\ is on is showing as raw. I did a bunch of diagnostic things, including chkdsk, and I think that may have messed things up. I reassigned the drive letters back to the correct ones what was supposed to be C had somehow become D, but I can't find...
  6. only save documents on one drive not on hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    only save documents on one drive not on hard drive: I only want to save certain files on my hard drive. All other files I want to save them on One Drive. How do I do this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/only-save-documents-on-one-drive-not-on-hard-drive/38a119e6-f6b0-4321-9ee4-f3308c1976cb
  7. One Drive & Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Drive & Hard Drive: I need to back up my one drive every evening in case we loose the internet. I tried to just copy and paste the files from One Drive to my documents, but it moves all of my folders out of One Drive and puts them into My Documents How do I go about doing this so the files...
  8. Transfer from one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Transfer from one hard drive to another?: I had a 120GB SSD and decided, since I'm running low on space, to upgrade to a 480GB SSD. However, I wanted to use the 120GB for something else now (Linux) and then use the 480GB as the main hard drive. That being said, since my Windows 10 OS (and saved files) is on my 120GB...
  9. transfer one hard drive to another?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    transfer one hard drive to another?: How to I transfer One Hard drive to another? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/transfer-one-hard-drive-to-another/0999f86b-9ea6-439b-84b4-e510b8a0e59a"
  10. Using One External USB Drive For Both Windows And Mac

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Using One External USB Drive For Both Windows And Mac: I need to format an external USB drive to use in both windows and Mac. Which of the two scenarios below would be the better format? SCENARIO ONE Format the drive in Mac computer to one single (partition) drive: Format = ExFAT Scheme = GUID Partition Map SCENARIO TWO Split...