Windows 10: Hard Drive Died, Install Windows On New Drive

Discus and support Hard Drive Died, Install Windows On New Drive in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; The hard drive in my Windows 10 laptop died. If I buy a new hard drive is there a way I can install Windows 10 on it without having to buy a new copy?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by grains66, Jan 7, 2021.

1. grains66 Win User

Hard Drive Died, Install Windows On New Drive

The hard drive in my Windows 10 laptop died. If I buy a new hard drive is there a way I can install Windows 10 on it without having to buy a new copy? The laptop won't boot in Windows, I can only access the files on the old laptop using a Linux Live USB.

If I go into my account on the Microsoft website, I can see the dead laptop registered there but there doesn't seem to be any link to help with reinstalling Windows.

:)

grains66, Jan 7, 2021
  2. little cat, Jan 7, 2021
  3. dhdude Win User
    Replacing old hard drive, need way to copy Windows installation across

Hey Guys,
    What would be the best way of copying/imaging the entire contents of an old system drive over to a replacement hard disk for the same machine? I need to copy the Windows installations and all other data to the new drive, and then format the old drive to use as a backup.

Any suggestions? *Smile Hard Drive Died, Install Windows On New Drive :)

dhdude, Jan 7, 2021
  4. El_Mayo Win User

Need help installing a new hard drive

Basically what I'm saying is I want to install windows onto my new hard drive and boot from it
    But for windows 7 to recognize that it's a two drive system, as opposed to just replacing the old hard drive entirely with a new one

El_Mayo, Jan 7, 2021
Thema:

1. Hard Drive Died, Install Windows On New Drive - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Died

2. new hard drive install

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    new hard drive install: Trying to install another hard drive into my PC, but I don't want to erase the data on the drive. How can I do this? submitted by /u/theflyingpanini [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/v65o3o/new_hard_drive_install/
  3. Installing new hard drive.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installing new hard drive.: When in disk management it says my drive needs to be formatted then a few minutes latter it says unable to format disk it is a WD10 red 3.5 inch hard drive. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-new-hard-drive/bd54e110-b1e4-47b8-8a30-f6383eb008f7
  4. dying hard drive

dying hard drive: My hard drive is dying. Several times each week, it crashes and I get an error message "Hard drive failure. Press F1 to reboot". Sometimes F1 works, sometimes I need to power off and restart, and sometimes I have to boot from a rescue CD. I want to buy a new hard drive and...
  5. installing windows on new hard drive

installing windows on new hard drive: my old hard drive got fried with a power surge. got a replacement hard drive, got a USB for installation, but it won't install. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installing-windows-on-new-hard-drive/29b67674-63e4-4db0-b671-4324d96b31be
  6. Installing a new hard drive

Installing a new hard drive: I have a hard drive failure, I have installed a new 1t hard drive and need to reinstall my OS. The computer did not come with install disks. it is a Toshiba C50 series How is this accomplished?...
  7. Installed New Hard Drive

Installed New Hard Drive: I have recently installed a new hard drive in my computer. I would like to know what do I need to do now to put Windows 10 back on my computer. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/installed-new-hard-drive/f1db2a19-671d-4b48-bc26-6843d6b4ad65
  8. Dying Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dying Hard Drive?: Over the past two weeks my hard drive has came to concluding evidence that it is dying and I was wondering if there was anyway to fix it. Take a look at my Crystal Disk Info....
  9. My Hard drive died

My Hard drive died: My hard drive in my laptop failed . I'm having to replace the drive. I have the windows 10 home on a USB from when the disability desk helped me recover my laptop from malware. I think the hard drive was damaged from the infection because whole sectors were corrupted after...
  10. Is my hard drive dying?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Is my hard drive dying?: My system has an SSD boot drive and a secondary internal hard drive. The hard drive is assigned drive letter E. I use it for general storage, downloads, etc. Starting today the system hangs at boot time on SATA Port 6 - which is where the hard drive is connected. If I...