Windows 10: Hard drive disappear and reappear after the restart

Discus and support Hard drive disappear and reappear after the restart in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I have a problem with my HDD hard drive inside PC. I bought it 8 months ago and everything worked fine but since 3 weeks i have a problem while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MatRick, Apr 8, 2020.

1. MatRick Win User

Hard drive disappear and reappear after the restart

Hello,
    I have a problem with my HDD hard drive inside PC. I bought it 8 months ago and everything worked fine but since 3 weeks i have a problem while playing games or using PC it crashes and when i go to "This PC" local disc HDD is missing and the only way to make it appear again and make it works is to restart the computer and then everything works fine. It can happen 3 times a day or just once in 4 days. What i tried:
    1.make sure that cable is correctly connected
    2.scan computer for viruses kaspersky, windows defender, Norton, Malwarebyte and nothing
    3. using SeaTools for windows and see if it detects any errors or problems and nothing
    4. checking drive status in cmd
    5.scanning drive in disc management (comes out with healthy result)
    No weird sounds no missing files no slow loading files just completely nothing suspicious just that it disappears and i can't do anything until i restart my PC. What should i do or try? Is there something wrong with my hard drive? I found on the internet that is should connect my hard drive to the different devices but can't do that so what's left?

:)

MatRick, Apr 8, 2020
  2. little cat, Apr 8, 2020
  3. Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

I tried the Ctrl-Alt-Del and found Windows Explorer. Unfortunately, I didn't choose Restart; I killed the process. (didn't read the instructions well enough!) :-/ ... I did eventually find a way to Restart Windows Explorer, but the problem (disappearing Task bar not disappearing/reappearing as it should/used to) did not solve itself. I then RESTARTED the PC. Still not fixed.

So, I found another answer from microsoft and followed those steps. It worked! (needed the display driver updated.)

Here's that set of instructions:

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    Restart the computer after its updated and verify.

Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset and display drivers for your computer and install the same.

paisanoglen, Apr 8, 2020
  4. Hard drive disappear and reappear after the restart

Taskbar doesn't disappear when entering fullscreen

Dude this was a year ago

Forbidden Duck, Apr 8, 2020
Thema:

Hard drive disappear and reappear after the restart

1. Hard drive disappear and reappear after the restart - Similar Threads - Hard drive disappear

2. Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot: - If one of your drives, other than the drive where Windows is installed, does not appear when you switch on or restart the computer;1- Switch off the computer completely, disconnect the power and wait for 10 seconds.2- Restart the computer again and check if your drivers...
  3. Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Drives Disappear After Restart or Reboot: - If one of your drives, other than the drive where Windows is installed, does not appear when you switch on or restart the computer;1- Switch off the computer completely, disconnect the power and wait for 10 seconds.2- Restart the computer again and check if your drivers...
  4. D drive disappear after restarting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    D drive disappear after restarting: So when I turn off my pc and turn it on againMy d drive window pops and disappears very quicklyAnd my D drive also disappears The data and everything is there but I have to assign it a drive letter everytime.How can I fix this ?...
  5. D drive disappear after restarting

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    D drive disappear after restarting: So when I turn off my pc and turn it on againMy d drive window pops and disappears very quicklyAnd my D drive also disappears The data and everything is there but I have to assign it a drive letter everytime.How can I fix this ?...
  6. D drive keeps disconnecting and reappears after restart

D drive keeps disconnecting and reappears after restart: I have SSD of 111g and a hard disk of 930gb, it was all fine until 1.5 weeks ago my drive d started disappearing and it keeps disappearing the only way to have it back is for me to restart the laptop and, I have removed the bad sectors I have formatted it and have changed the...
  7. D drive disappears then reappears after restart

D drive disappears then reappears after restart: My D drive keeps on disappearing after boot then reappearing after restart. I've already contacted microsoft support multiple times and all of their solutions only worked for a few days at best. Is there any way to prevent D drive from disappearing again?...
  8. drive randomly reappears and disappears

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive randomly reappears and disappears: I only have a 256 gb ssd and a random E drive randomly appeared with a lot of storage. So I downloaded games onto the drive and then it disappeared. But it recently disappeared with all the files still there and was even able to open an application, but it soon crashed and...
  9. Wifi option keeps disappearing, and again reappears after shutdown ,and restarting the...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Wifi option keeps disappearing, and again reappears after shutdown ,and restarting the...: I have been facing this problem since a long time.I have tried every solution from updating drivers to network reset ,and windows refresh. Network trouble shooters says that Wifi driver is missing In device manager wifi driver is shown under hidden devices ,shows as if wifi...
  10. Windows10: Disappearing internal hard drive and appearing after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows10: Disappearing internal hard drive and appearing after restart: I am using dell tower pc with Windows 10 operating system. I have attached 1tb additional internal hard disk labled D:. Sometimes drive is not accessible and than invisible but i am able to restore by just restarting it. It happened multiple times. IT team is saying that they...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hdd disappeared after long shutdown