Windows 10: Hard Drive Disk 100% Active Time Issue

Discus and support Hard Drive Disk 100% Active Time Issue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Why is my hard drive disk is at always 100% of active time even i dont open any application? I am currently running Windows 10 November Update (Version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Mark ChristianGabriel, Dec 18, 2019.

1. Hard Drive Disk 100% Active Time Issue

Why is my hard drive disk is at always 100% of active time even i dont open any application? I am currently running Windows 10 November Update (Version 1909) Please help me fix this issue Hard Drive Disk 100% Active Time Issue 3d9050ca-1f2c-4534-bdfc-cbb44a4017b0?upload=true.png

:)

Mark ChristianGabriel, Dec 18, 2019
  2. DaveM121 Win User

hard drive is at 100% all the time

Hi andrewgetz1 ,

If you mean your hard drive is at 100% access all the time:

Open Task Manager (Ctrl + Shift + Esc)

Click on the Disk Column Header so the arrow faces down

What processes are now at the top of the processes list?

DaveM121, Dec 18, 2019
  3. W1zzard Win User
    W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Dec 18, 2019
  4. Hard Drive Disk 100% Active Time Issue

100% disc activity issue

Hi Deep,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

From description I understand that you are unable to work with your computer as expected. We will help you to resolve the issue.

These issues might occur due to applications or services running at the startup on the computer. Bad sectors on the hard drive or outdated and incompatible drivers might also cause such issues.

1. Which software are you using to monitor the hard disk activity?

2. Do you get any error message on the computer?

I suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps:

Step 1: First of all, take a note of the processes or applications that is running when the computer runs with high disk usage. Also, we need to find the applications that are running at startup.

Follow the steps to check for the processes under Task Manager:

•Press Ctrl+Shift+Esc to open Task Manager.

•Click on Processes tab. Check if any of the processes consumes high memory usage.

Bad sectors on the hard drive can be a cause for high disk usage.

Check which process is utilizing the Hard Disk on Windows 8.1, you may try the following steps.

• Open Task Manager and click on
      Details
      tab.

• Right click the columns headers and click "Select Columns".

• From the "Select Columns" window, check: I/O Reads, I/O Writes, I/O read bytes, I/O write bytes and then click
      OK.

• Now the columns will be added to the view and will display how much each process is utilizing from the hard disk.

• Sort by I/O read bytes or I/O write bytes by clicking on the column header to see which process is utilizing the Hard Drive most.

Step 2: If you have not run the 'check disk' scan or tried optimizing the drive, follow the steps from this article.

Improve performance by optimizing your drive

(Note: This applies to Windows 10 also.)

Important: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found on the hard drive, it tries to repair that sector and any data available on that might be lost.

Also, I suggest you to refer to the suggestion by Arpan Kashyap from the following link.

Windows 8 keeps slows down to 100% disk usage and hangs.

Reference: Troubleshoot blue screen errors

Also, Free up drive space
    in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Feel free to get back to us for any further queries or issues related to Windows Operating System, we will be happy to help you.

Deepika Gowda, Dec 18, 2019
Thema:

Hard Drive Disk 100% Active Time Issue

1. Hard Drive Disk 100% Active Time Issue - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Disk

2. 100% hard disk active time in windows11.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    100% hard disk active time in windows11.: hello my name is arsalan ahmad quraishi and i am facing an issue of system slow boot & slow working. i opened my task manager app and saw 100% disk active time while disk usage is below 40%. I already did clean windows 11 installation but it didn't solve my problem. i fully...
  3. 100% hard disk active time in windows11.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    100% hard disk active time in windows11.: hello my name is arsalan ahmad quraishi and i am facing an issue of system slow boot & slow working. i opened my task manager app and saw 100% disk active time while disk usage is below 40%. I already did clean windows 11 installation but it didn't solve my problem. i fully...
  4. 100% active time on disk D

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    100% active time on disk D: Hi ive recently started having this issue with my pc and ive tried many ways to try and fix it but nothing worked so far. It has caused my relatively strong pc to slow down on restarts and downloading even tough i have a lot of space left. In the processes tab in task manager...
  5. hard disk always at 100% active time/usage

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard disk always at 100% active time/usage: Hello everyone, i just wanna ask how to fix this problem i have right now. I've been using this laptop for a year and i just recently discovered that my hard disk is always at 100% usage. I also wanna know how to fix it and what's the reason why is it happening....
  6. hard disk always at 100% active time/usage

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard disk always at 100% active time/usage: Hello everyone, i just wanna ask how to fix this problem i have right now. I've been using this laptop for a year and i just recently discovered that my hard disk is always at 100% usage. I also wanna know how to fix it and what's the reason why is it happening....
  7. disk 0 active time 100%

disk 0 active time 100%: my pc is slow, and spends a lot of time with disk 0 active time at 100%. is there anything to do about this? what do you need to know? i've used windows performance recorder for 30s, and the results are here: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AlydyVjRnQ8hsH-cr90YDZX1e9vh?e=UDtdqB...
  8. Hard Drive at 100% Active time

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard Drive at 100% Active time: First of all I have an SSD that is working fine. I’m not sure what happened I’ll try to explain in detail my PC randomly crashed so I turned it off and back on and it took 10+ minutes to load, it normally takes 5 seconds I went into task manager and it says my D: drive has...
  9. Hard Disk at 100% all the time

Hard Disk at 100% all the time: Hello... My english is not that good, sorry me please. I think the problem is with Windows Update. When i start my computer it starts downloading updates, it puts the hdd at 100% of use, and makes my computer useless. I have another computer with an ssd and of course this...
  10. SSD Disk Active time 100%

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    SSD Disk Active time 100%: Hi, I have a relatively fresh installation of Windows 10 but it often gets very laggy. - Any window takes a while to open - Even typing on the keyboard has a delay - Programs not responding I did the usual checks such as - Antivirus / Antispyware - Drivers update...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. fix hard drive active time always 100%

2. hard disk 100 active time