Windows 10: Hard drive disk failure

Discus and support Hard drive disk failure in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I am getting "Hard drive disk failure" when I turn on my computer. Is that something that can be repaired by reinstalling windows 10?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by DLKeith, Mar 25, 2021.

1. DLKeith Win User

Hard drive disk failure

I am getting "Hard drive disk failure" when I turn on my computer. Is that something that can be repaired by reinstalling windows 10?

:)

DLKeith, Mar 25, 2021
  2. cdawall Win User

Which is the Fastest and reliable 10TB hard disk?

Step one, don't keep all your data in one place.

Step two, all high density platters are a bitch to recover on failure, so see step one.

Step three, all hard drive manufactures are under 2% to profit for RMA's so brand doesn't really matter.

cdawall, Mar 25, 2021
  3. Disk Drive Failure

Any suggestions on the error message? Should I create or save a system Image?

Error Message:

The driver has detected that device \Device\Harddisk1\DR1 has predicted that it will fail. Immediately back up your data and replace your hard disk drive. A failure may be imminent.

#PhillyProud, Mar 25, 2021
  4. Hard drive disk failure

Hard Disk Failure : Event ID 13150

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to Run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter
    and check.

Follow the steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Type "Troubleshooting" in the Search box from the desktop and click "Troubleshooting".
    • Click on "View all" from the left pane and select "Hardware and Devices".
    • Click on “Advanced” and then click on “Run as Administrator”.
    • Click “Next” and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the troubleshooting process.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to run check disk on the hard drive to see if there are any corruptions.

Follow the below steps:

1. Press Windows key + X, click Command Prompt (Admin).

2. In the Command Prompt, type the following command, and then press ENTER:

chkdsk /f

Disclaimer: While performing check disk on the hard drive, if any bad sectors are found then check disk will try to repair that sector. Any data available on a bad sector might be
    lost.

Once Check Disk completes, boot the computer and then check if the issue resolved.

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Thank You

Anju Thekkethil, Mar 25, 2021
Thema:

Hard drive disk failure

1. Hard drive disk failure - Similar Threads - Hard drive disk

2. hard disk failure is imminent

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard disk failure is imminent: I know there is another post about this but mine is a bit different I had the hard disk error and I took a bit too long to understand what was happening but I finally did and changed the hard drive but I forgot to backup my data so I reinstalled windows and when I do it says...
  3. hard disk failure is imminent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard disk failure is imminent: I know there is another post about this but mine is a bit different I had the hard disk error and I took a bit too long to understand what was happening but I finally did and changed the hard drive but I forgot to backup my data so I reinstalled windows and when I do it says...
  4. Hard Disk Failure Imminent

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Disk Failure Imminent: The last two times I've booted my laptop it has stopped loading and displayed a message along the lines of "Hard disk failure imminent to avoid not data loss yes it words it like that please back up your drive and preform disk repair from system diagnostic window - press...
  5. Hard Drive failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive failure: Hello everyone, I have Lenovo L13 Yoga and it's fairly new. I recently had a disk failure error in my device and prompted me to scan the hard drive. The scan runs for quite a few hours but as I had to start my work, I forced restarted the device. The device looks...
  6. hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive failure: Windows 10 64 bit posting from second PC HD failure id 9GDUWF-7QFA4R-GXPSMG-6OTO3 Does this mean that I need to replace the HD or is there a fix for it. 157602
  7. Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive failure: Support assist revealed a Hard Drive malfunction and manufacturer recommends installing a new drive. They are sending with Windows loaded. This alone makes me nervous. Typically my tech who is off site would re load and eliminate unnecessary stuff. I don't even know what...
  8. Hard disk failure is imminent.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard disk failure is imminent.: When starting my computer I sometimes get a message that Hard Disk Failure Imminent. Please back up your hard disk and have it replaced. Press F10 for Setup. F2 to continue. The first time I got this screen it clicked on F2 and Windows opened and all seemed fine. Now I...
  9. Hard drive failure

Hard drive failure: hello, I've had this computer for about ten years now. Recently I've had it shutting down on me randomly. I thought it was the power supply so I replaced it. Apparently it wasn't. My only other guess is a hard drive failure. I bought a new pc and a synology nas to move...
  10. Hard drive failure

Hard drive failure: Hi all, Yesterday I came back to my computer and there was a pop up on the screen telling me that there is an update for Itunes available. So I clicked on install, but nothing happened. Then I wanted to close the pop up, but could not. All was frozen. I had to shut down by...