Windows 10: Hard drive disk not detected by my windows

Discus and support Hard drive disk not detected by my windows in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hard drive disk not detected by my windows. I tried upgrading to the latest windows update but no. Tried to use the Windows Memory Tool, it get's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarlosRoque1, Nov 21, 2018.

1. Hard drive disk not detected by my windows

Hard drive disk not detected by my windows. I tried upgrading to the latest windows update but no. Tried to use the Windows Memory Tool, it get's detected but 5 minutes later it disappears. I can't find it in Device manager nor Disk Management. But still is listed in the bios. Can anyone help me?\

I have a MSI GS63 Stealth Laptop, an ssd and an hdd

:)

CarlosRoque1, Nov 21, 2018
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

Problems with disk drive on DELL Inspiron Computer i560-3102MNK uses Windows 7 and has 6GB Memory with 1TB Hard drive

Hello Kelly,

It is possible that the issue could be hardware-related. We'd like to know if the hard drive is still being detected from the BIOS or Disk Management. To access Disk management, please follow the steps below:

1. From the Start Menu, right-click on the Computer icon and choose Manage from the context menu.
    2. Click on Disk Management, which appears in the left-hand side under the heading Storage.
    3. The list of the hard drives available is now be visible in the center of the window.

If you're able to find the hard disk from the list, you can try to create a partition on your hard disk. Please refer to this link:
    Create a partition on a Windows 7 Hard Disk.

If you're unable to find the hard drive, it is possible that the hard drive is failing. I suggest that you contact the device manufacturer for further assistance.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Nov 21, 2018
  3. fritoking Win User
    fritoking, Nov 21, 2018
  4. Hard drive disk not detected by my windows

How to Partiton a Hard Drive in Vista

This is a way to get Vista to see another hard drive that is not associated with the OS. There is some times when your new hdd doesn't seem to want to work well with Vista. But, there is a solution in it.

Open the Computer Management By doing these steps.
    • Click on the Start Button
    • Click on Control Panel
    • Click Administrative Tools
    • Double click on Computer Management
    You are now in the Navigation panel of the Computer Management.
    When in Computer Management, you then have to allow the new drive to be recognized.
    • Double click on Storage
    • Double click on Disk Management
    Now in the middle of your screen there is the layout of the Disk Drives that you have. The drives that are partitioned will show by the drive lettering. The others will just show up as having nothing at all in them. Below that there will be the Disk drives that are installed into the computer. You'll see that the primary one will all ways read as "Disk 0". Then you will have Disk 1 and so on. Under the Disks there will also see your CD-Rom drives.. If there is more then one, it will be labeled the same as Disk drives..

On to the Partitioning of the drive in question.
    • Right Click on the drive
    • Click to format the drive or Enable Volume. There will be a series of windows that open up. This is Vista's formatting. Just go threw the windows, and make sure everything is the way you want it to happen.
    • Once the formatting is done, will take some time depending on the drive size.
    • Right click on the drive
    • Click on Mark the Partition as Active
    After you have done those steps, The drive will be up and running threw Vista.

:Side Notes:
    If you are not the Administer to the Os, then you will have to enable it..
    You may also want to redo the drive lettering of it all. But, I really don't see a reason to do so. If you do, you have to redo drive paths and so forth.. A lot of work on something so small...

Cold Storm, Nov 21, 2018
Thema:

Hard drive disk not detected by my windows

1. Hard drive disk not detected by my windows - Similar Threads - Hard drive disk

2. hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Gaming
    hard drive not detected: hard drive not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/48576ba9-4421-4ddc-b6dc-3473fea08eee
  3. hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    hard drive not detected: hard drive not detected https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/48576ba9-4421-4ddc-b6dc-3473fea08eee
  4. hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hard Disk Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Disk Drive: Hello,I just purchased a new HP computer and I have downloaded three programs and now my C drive says there is only 183GB of 237GB free and my entire hard disk drive which has 931 GB available has nothing in it. I don't know how to use the drive and have my programs...
  6. External Hard Disk not detected

External Hard Disk not detected: I have a WD My Passport external HDD with 1 TB capacity. When I connect it to my Windows 10 laptop, it doesn't detect it however, in devices and printer, it shows the device. What can I do to have it detected?Help?...
  7. External hard disk not detected

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    External hard disk not detected: Hi, not too sure if this is a windows problem but whenever I connect my external hard disk it gets detected but then I can't see it in the file explorer. The hard disk is new, the laptop's ports are all okay I connected a flash disk and I was able to see that. submitted by...
  8. Hard disk not detected

Hard disk not detected: WD my passport ultra is not detected in the surface 6. I checked it at device mgmt but not showing then checked it through command prompt it not showing. However once it showed the message that " Last USB device you connected has malfunctioned and Windows does not recognise...
  9. hard disk drive

hard disk drive: my drive is displaying a bad block error and wont open plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-disk-drive/f50b0966-36ba-4d86-84b3-867a6ced81ad
  10. Hard drive not detected

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not detected: What could be the possible reason that my external hard drive is not appearing on the pc bios screen but working with my mobile? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-not-detected/6757b01a-2bbc-48d4-a3f3-b128115ee10f"