Windows 10: Hard drive does not appear in Explorer

Discus and support Hard drive does not appear in Explorer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Windows 10 - unable to see Seagate hard drive. SSD drive appears and Windows is loaded on it. Drive appears in BIOS setting. Any ideas?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DanAdams_1970, May 30, 2020.

1. Hard drive does not appear in Explorer

Windows 10 - unable to see Seagate hard drive. SSD drive appears and Windows is loaded on it. Drive appears in BIOS setting. Any ideas?

:)

DanAdams_1970, May 30, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, May 30, 2020
  3. cobrasl Win User
    External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

Hard drive does not appear in Explorer [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

Hard drive does not appear in Explorer [​IMG]

cobrasl, May 30, 2020
  4. Marco Gav Win User

Hard drive does not appear in Explorer

unrecognised external hard drive on Windows 10

Since you already reinstalled the drivers of the External Hard Drive, let's run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter as it can resolve your concern. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Troubleshooting.

• Click on View all on the left panel.

• Select and run the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter.

If the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter doesn’t resolve your concern, we suggest that you change the letter of the External Hard Drive. You can do that by following these steps:

• Press the Start button.

• Type and select Control panel.

• Select System and Security.

• Select Administrative Tools, and a new window will appear.

• Double-click Computer Management, and a new window will appear.

• Select Disk Management that is located under
      Storage
      in the left pane.

• Right click on the External Hard Drive that is not showing on the File Explorer.

• Select Change letter and network path, and a new window will appear.

• Select Change, and choose the letter that you want for the External Hard Drive.

After changing the letter of the External Hard Drive, we suggest that you reboot your laptop for the changes to take effect.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Marco Gav, May 30, 2020
Thema:

Hard drive does not appear in Explorer

1. Hard drive does not appear in Explorer - Similar Threads - Hard drive does

2. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer: It works on another laptop running on Windows 10. I've tried all the fixes I could find online, but nothing seems to be working. It shows up on Device Manager. I did update the drivers. I uninstalled the device. Manually installed drivers from the manufacturer's website and...
  3. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer: It works on another laptop running on Windows 10. I've tried all the fixes I could find online, but nothing seems to be working. It shows up on Device Manager. I did update the drivers. I uninstalled the device. Manually installed drivers from the manufacturer's website and...
  4. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer: Hello -I am trying to access an external hard drive, which is not appearing in explorer. Following some other guides, I am able to see it both under disk management and system > storage > disks and volumes. It is showing up as "Disk 2" and does not have a letter name which I...
  5. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in Explorer: Hello -I am trying to access an external hard drive, which is not appearing in explorer. Following some other guides, I am able to see it both under disk management and system > storage > disks and volumes. It is showing up as "Disk 2" and does not have a letter name which I...
  6. [RESOLVED] Portable Hard Drive Not Appearing In File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [RESOLVED] Portable Hard Drive Not Appearing In File Explorer: Hi! I'm having an issue where my Portable Hard Drive Brand is Seagate to be exact will only appear in device manager. I believe this had happened when I formatted for Xbox back in ~October 2019 and uninstalled a game off it later on. I don't know how to reformat this and...
  7. Portable Hard Drive Not Appearing In File Explorer

Portable Hard Drive Not Appearing In File Explorer: Hi! I'm having an issue where my Portable Hard Drive Brand is Seagate to be exact will only appear in device manager. I believe this had happened when I formatted for Xbox back in ~October 2019 and uninstalled a game off it later on. I don't know how to reformat this and...
  8. HARD DRIVES NOT APPEARING

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    HARD DRIVES NOT APPEARING: So I had to reinstall windows 10 on my laptop. Now my hard drives are not appearing except for my C drive. I tried using "Create and format hard disk partitions" tool but the unallocated space would not appear. I checked the BIOS and all three hard drives are visible. Any...
  9. Hard Drive not appearing

Hard Drive not appearing: Hey, I got a new hard drive today and for some reason I am unable to add it to my already existing SSD drive that my pc desktop currently runs on. I have tried going into create and format hard disk partitions and allocating the “unallocated disk” but there isn’t any drive...
  10. External hard drive not appearing in file explorer

External hard drive not appearing in file explorer: my windows 7 laptop died (no power). I purchase new windows 10 laptop and am attempting to read my former hard drive by making it an external drive. It is recognized as a device but I cannot view any of the files in file explorer. I am just attempting to recover some recent...