Windows 10: Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and...

Discus and support Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I recently bought a pc with a 1tb hard drive and 120gb ssd. I'm able to see my hard drive in storage spaces and device manager but I cannot able to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Jamoues, Aug 1, 2018.

1. Jamoues Win User

Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and...

Jamoues, Aug 1, 2018
  2. seejp Win User

external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

Hi,

I recently tried to use a brand new Seagate 2TB External HD, but it is not showing up. It initially showed up, but after I tried reformatting it to exFAT32, it disappeared from the disk management list.

I then tried:

• refreshing the disk management list,
    • inserting into a different USB port,
    • re-starting my computer, and
    • uninstalling the device from device manager/letting it refresh,

I still can't see it. There is no yellow error in the USB controller list.

I'm on Windows 10.

Intel i5-3317U @ 1.7GHz

Any suggestions? Thanks!

seejp, Sep 28, 2018
  3. ulupoi Win User
    external hard drive showing up in device management but not disk management

I had a similar problem. I put an old laptop hard drive into a Rosewill USB hard drive enclosure. It showed up just fine when connected to one laptop. However, when I connected it to a different laptop, it showed up in Device Manager, but not in Disk Management
    or Explorer.

I double-clicked the drive in Device Manager to get into Properties, then went to the Volume tab, then clicked "Populate." This showed the drive to be "Offline."

To make the drive "Online," I did the following:

1. Go to an elevated command prompt: Right-click on start button > Select Command Prompt (Admin). Enter the following commands (in bold).

2. diskpart

The command prompt will change to: DISKPART>

3. list disk

All disks will be listed. Note the number of the disk you want to make to go online.

4. select disk 2

Instead of 2, substitute the number of your disk.

5. online disk

If this command is successfully executed, you will get a message that reads, "DiskPart successfully onlined the selected disk."

It took me a long time to find this solution, so I'm putting it here hoping that it helps the next person.

ulupoi, Sep 28, 2018
  4. KaraB03 Win User

Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and...

New hard drive not showing in BIOS or Disk management

I recently bought a new WD 1TB Hard drive and i plugged it in with my toshiba 1TB drive and noticed it doesnt show in my BIOS. I went to the homescreen and tried seeing if it was in the disk management but no luck either. Im running Windows 10 and im not
    that techy so ive decided to come here for help. Can anyone help me?

KaraB03, Sep 28, 2018
Thema:

1. Hard drive does not show in bios or disk managent but does show in device manager and... - Similar Threads - Hard drive does

2. camera does not show on device manager

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    camera does not show on device manager: My camera does not work as it does not show on Device Manager https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/camera-does-not-show-on-device-manager/7619b73b-c762-4a31-addd-1a282c6a3ff9
  3. Bluetooth does not show in device manager

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Bluetooth does not show in device manager: I noticed a lot of Windows 10 users having problems with the Bluetooth service not showing in device manager after an update. I had the same problem and followed instructions from an advisor [device manager<view<show hidden devices<bluetooth<uninstall Bluetooth Device RFCOMM...
  4. Hard drive showing up in Device Manager but not Disk Management or Windows Explorer

Hard drive showing up in Device Manager but not Disk Management or Windows Explorer: My new 1TB Seagate portable hard drive is no longer showing up in Windows Explorer, or in Disk Management. But I very clearly see it recognized in Device Manager and I also see the button to eject it in the lower right of my screen. What should I do to fix it?...
  5. If external drive does NOT show in Disk Management...is it done?

If external drive does NOT show in Disk Management...is it done?: I have an 2TB WD My Ultra Passport external drive which has always worked fine but today I plugged it in and it took long for the drive icon to show up in Windows Explorer. When i clicked it - my system was frozen until I physically disconnected it. I tried different ports...
  6. Device Manager does not show a "Mouse".

Device Manager does not show a "Mouse".: . After a fresh Windows 10 restart my mouse is not working. It lights up at turn on but shuts down at Window logo start. Device Manager does not show a "Mouse". Even with the mouse cd that came with mouse it is not installing. To meneuver on screen using tab and scroll does...
  7. Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management

Hard drive shows up in device manager but no in disk management: I have a few months old Seagate 2tb HDD that just today began to not show up in my drives in file explorer. After screwing with SATA and power cables (to no prevail). It was previously assigned a letter and didn't show any sign of failure, any help?...
  8. hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10

hard drive shows up in device manager and bios but not in disk management windows 10: I have been fighting with this for 2 days now and want to share my answer in case it ever happens to anyone else. I have a new HP computer, Well a refurbished but new to me. I moved my 2 year old 1 TB hard drives over to the new HP. Saw that I could have a mirrored drive and...
  9. My 2nd hard drive shows up in device manager but does not show up in disk management.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My 2nd hard drive shows up in device manager but does not show up in disk management.: How can I fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-2nd-hard-drive-shows-up-in-device-manager-but/20dbfc90-2335-42f1-8dee-7b1c0abd58b4"
  10. Optical Drive shows in Device Manager but does not function.

Optical Drive shows in Device Manager but does not function.: Hi, I installed Windows 10 as an upgrade the other night and am enjoying it so far. Everything seems fine except one problem - my optical drive isn't working! I don't use it that often so only noticed when i needed to burn a cd for a friend. In Device Manager it is...