Windows 10: hard drive doesn't mount on one computer

Discus and support hard drive doesn't mount on one computer in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, please tell me how to mount my hard drive that is working perfectly fine on all computers except for one. If I click safely remove hard drive there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by generalerror, Apr 14, 2020.

1. hard drive doesn't mount on one computer

Hi, please tell me how to mount my hard drive that is working perfectly fine on all computers except for one. If I click safely remove hard drive there is an option to eject. If I open disk management I can a bunch of partitions that I assume is my hard drive. The computer sees it, so where is the mount button please?

I've been using this hard drive on the machine with no trouble until I suddenly got a massage that popped up saying the computer will shut down in 10 minutes after using the "winfilefolder" thing. Which is absolutely infuriating. I ejected my drives, because I know that on an apple computer if you restart after an update, it completely fries all of your external drives. After ejecting just in time, the computer forcefully restarted without my permission, and now the drives that I ejected will not mount automatically, even though they are fine. On a mac I would open disk utility and mount it in two seconds but I'm wasting my day trying to figure this out.

:)

generalerror, Apr 14, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

hard drive doesn't mount on one computer [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Apr 14, 2020
  3. Drive Mount & Hard Link bugs - Where can I report them?

There are a number of bugs in Drive Mounts that also involves Hard Links. I summarize them below. Where can I report the bugs?

STEP 1:

I added an External USB3 Hub with 4, connected USB3 drives to USB3 Port A.

I assigned Drive Letters & added Volume Labels (example: 'W:' & 'Movies1').

All was Joy.

STEP 2:

Later, using 'Disk Management' I changed the drive letters to Mount Points (example: 'D:\Movies1').

All was Joy except 'Drive Ejection' [see Note 1].

STEP 3:

I installed USB_Disk_Eject (3rd party app) to control ejection [see Note 1].

All was Joy (including ejection via USB_Disk_Eject).

STEP 4:

Later, I changed the names of the Mount Points & the Volume Labels of the 4 USB drives (example: 'Videos1' & 'D:\Videos1').

I immediately started having problems.

- USB_Disk_Eject no longer found the USB drives.

- 'Explorer' no longer saw the USB drives.

- 'Device Manager' had marked the USB drives as hidden.

- 'Disk Management' 'Change Drive Letter & Paths...' would not remove the Mount Points [see Note 2].

The USB3 drives worked when plugged into other USB3 Ports, but not USB3 Port A (even without the Hub).

The External USB3 Hub in USB3 Port A would be recognized and enabled, but not the USB3 drives plugged into the Hub.

STEP 5:

With the External USB3 Hub removed,

I was able to individually plug in the drives and revert back to using drive letters, and

I was able to delete the Hard Links that had been created as Mount Points.

What initially appeared to a fault with USB3 Port A &/ the External USB3 Hub is instead a fault with Windows.

Now I'm back to STEP 1.

[Note 1]:

The 4 USB3 drives are all the same make & model: WD easystore 25FA. As long as the drives had letters, 'Drive Ejection' could differentiate them

- 'Eject easystore 25FA - Movies1 (Whard drive doesn't mount on one computer :)'

- 'Eject easystore 25FA - Movies2 (Xhard drive doesn't mount on one computer :)'

- 'Eject easystore 25FA - Movies3 (Yhard drive doesn't mount on one computer :)'

- 'Eject easystore 25FA - MoviesP (Zhard drive doesn't mount on one computer :)'

but when I switched to Mount Points, the 4 drives appeared in 'Drive Ejection' simply as

- 'Eject easystore 25FA'

- 'Eject easystore 25FA'

- 'Eject easystore 25FA'

- 'Eject easystore 25FA'

and I could no longer differentiate them.

On recommendation from 'answers.microsoft.com', I installed USB_Disk_Eject (which includes the Mount Points in its list).

[Note 2]:

As long as the 4 Hard Links existed, 'Disk Management' 'Change Drive Letter & Paths...' would not help fix the problems.

MarkFilipak.Windows, Apr 14, 2020
  4. Bagoguts Win User

hard drive doesn't mount on one computer

Lumia 620 doesn`t connect to computer via usb cable

Hi yall and thanks for the replies!

Unfortunately, the were of no help.

The phone isn`t listed in device manager, the list of devices doesn`t change if I have my phone connected to my computer(s). There are no mystery devices, no yellow triangle -markings or anything even remotely pointing to the direction the phone being connected.

It could be that my phone has a broken usb port, but it makes me wonder that it still charges the battery when connected to a computer.

This is not a big problem for me, that I must admit, but still, it kinda bugs me that the phone doesn`t work the way it`s supposed to work,

Anyways, if somebody comes up with something that might help, I am most grateful.

Have a great weekend yall!

-

edit: Also, I have my laptop almost always connected to charger. Tried without charger just for the heck of it, didn`t help.

Bagoguts, Apr 14, 2020
Thema:

hard drive doesn't mount on one computer

1. hard drive doesn't mount on one computer - Similar Threads - hard drive doesn't

2. Mount a Hard Drive as a Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mount a Hard Drive as a Folder in Windows 10: Hello,I have just followed instructions to mount a hard drive as a folder in Windows 10. I will be using this to store music files.Rather than the internal SSD.What I would like some information on is this. If I have the hard drive connected to my computer and I make a Clone...
  3. Mount a Hard Drive as a Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mount a Hard Drive as a Folder in Windows 10: Hello,I have just followed instructions to mount a hard drive as a folder in Windows 10. I will be using this to store music files.Rather than the internal SSD.What I would like some information on is this. If I have the hard drive connected to my computer and I make a Clone...
  4. Mount a Hard Drive as a Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. USB hard drive doesn't show up on computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    USB hard drive doesn't show up on computer: So I have Windows 10 (very new to it), and I need to use some files from my hard drive. When I plug it in, it makes a 'ding' noise, which is good, but then I can't open it. I can only see it in 'Devices and Printers' but it won't open, and it doesn't show up in the Disk...
  6. One Drive & Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Customization
    One Drive & Hard Drive: I need to back up my one drive every evening in case we loose the internet. I tried to just copy and paste the files from One Drive to my documents, but it moves all of my folders out of One Drive and puts them into My Documents How do I go about doing this so the files...
  7. Can't mount external hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't mount external hard drive: An external USB hard drive has been used for a number of years to regularly archive data on a Linux Debian system. The latest attempt to archive data gave the following error :- mount /media/backup mount : can't find UUID=0688802088800FFB Why does this error occur and how...
  8. Windows 10 not mounting external hard drive on bootup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 not mounting external hard drive on bootup: Hello. Basically I've got the problem it says in the title. Every single time I boot up Windows on my laptop, this second partition on my SSD will not be assigned a drive letter. I have to go into disk management and assign it every time. I've already scanned the drive for...
  9. External Hard Drive Mounted but now lost

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    External Hard Drive Mounted but now lost: How do you find an external hard drive after you change the drive letter and path in disk management? I need to find this in order to recover a very important file. When I plug in the external hard drive now, it does not show up in This PC. When I try to scan with Recuva,...
  10. Computer Doesn't Recognize Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Computer Doesn't Recognize Hard Drive: So, I know that this isn't a specific Windows error, but I'm really troubled right now. Basically, my baby brother hit my computer really hard, and everytime I turned it on, it went in a loop. I tried reinstalling Win 10 via USB Stick, but when I got to the Disk partition...