Windows 10: Hard Drive Dying? PLEASE HELP!

Discus and support Hard Drive Dying? PLEASE HELP! in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi all, I'm REALLY desperate for some help! It's a 2TB Seagate HDD. A couple days ago I ran a scan using "HD Tune" and here is the screenshot I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NiceAndShy, Mar 24, 2020.

1. Hard Drive Dying? PLEASE HELP!

Hi all,

I'm REALLY desperate for some help!

It's a 2TB Seagate HDD.

A couple days ago I ran a scan using "HD Tune" and here is the screenshot I took: HDTune-Screen-Error — ImgBB

I've also got "SeaTools for Windows" installed.

Any help people could offer would be much appreciated!

Thank you.

:)

NiceAndShy, Mar 24, 2020
  2. xLtdEspVx Win User

Is my hard-drive dying?

My acer aspire 5600U all in one PC has been acting up for a while now, for the ever since I updated to windows 8.1 years ago my computers hard drive has failed to recover from 100% disc usage...

With the picture provided would any of you assume the drives dying ?

If so, would It be wise to try and replace the hard drive with say-- an SSD in order improve performance? I'm just curious if this is even possible with it being an all in one system.. then again... its all possible with the know-how.

Any other suggestions?
    Hard Drive Dying? PLEASE HELP! [​IMG]

xLtdEspVx, Mar 24, 2020
  3. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

Home - Global Support - DE

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Mar 24, 2020
  4. Msap14 Win User

Hard Drive Dying? PLEASE HELP!

Hard Drive Data Recovery

got a laptop pata hard drive that makes a slight constant clicking noise. hard drive is more than likely dead/dying right... i can see that partitions of the hard drive in disk management and i can see the partitions in my computer but i can't get to any of the data.

any suggestions?

Msap14, Mar 24, 2020
Thema:

Hard Drive Dying? PLEASE HELP!

1. Hard Drive Dying? PLEASE HELP! - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Dying

2. Help please installing hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help please installing hard drive: So, I have an Asus E402s, which had no memory on it. I think it came with none? Anyway, I thought I needed to buy a SSD hard drive and clone kit and clone the hard drive then swap it out for the hard drive inside. I did the clone but when I took the back off (as you all...
  3. Cant view Hard Drive PLEASE HELP

Cant view Hard Drive PLEASE HELP: ok look my hard drives are online everything is fine i just cant see them in the this pc tab in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-view-hard-drive-please-help/fb27c620-54dd-43e0-8ff8-c9f5028145b7
  4. dying hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dying hard drive: My hard drive is dying. Several times each week, it crashes and I get an error message "Hard drive failure. Press F1 to reboot". Sometimes F1 works, sometimes I need to power off and restart, and sometimes I have to boot from a rescue CD. I want to buy a new hard drive and...
  5. Hard Drive Dying? PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Dying? PLEASE HELP!: Hi all, I'm REALLY desperate for some help! It's a 2TB Seagate HDD. A couple days ago I ran a scan using "HD Tune" and here is the screenshot I took: HDTune-Screen-Error — ImgBB I've also got "SeaTools for Windows" installed. Any help people could offer would be much...
  6. Hard Drive Error! Please Help!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive Error! Please Help!: I have a PC with the following specs. Intel Core i5-4570S 8 GB RAM Nvidia GTX 960 120GB SSD 500GB HDD I was running Assassin's Creed Syndicate yesterday and I first noticed some momentary stutters when entering a new area. The game was installed in my HDD. When I was...
  7. Dying Hard Drive?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Dying Hard Drive?: Over the past two weeks my hard drive has came to concluding evidence that it is dying and I was wondering if there was anyway to fix it. Take a look at my Crystal Disk Info....
  8. My Hard drive died

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    My Hard drive died: My hard drive in my laptop failed . I'm having to replace the drive. I have the windows 10 home on a USB from when the disability desk helped me recover my laptop from malware. I think the hard drive was damaged from the infection because whole sectors were corrupted after...
  9. Is my hard drive dying?

Is my hard drive dying?: My system has an SSD boot drive and a secondary internal hard drive. The hard drive is assigned drive letter E. I use it for general storage, downloads, etc. Starting today the system hangs at boot time on SATA Port 6 - which is where the hard drive is connected. If I...
  10. Is this a hard drive dying issue?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Is this a hard drive dying issue?: Had a friend call me the other night asking for help about her PC. She said it would not boot up. It tries, but it just sits there "spinning" and not loading. She said she had Windows 10 and has had it since last year. I get there, start the PC and immediately I see it's...