Windows 10: Hard Drive Error! Please Help!

Discus and support Hard Drive Error! Please Help! in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a PC with the following specs. Intel Core i5-4570S 8 GB RAM Nvidia GTX 960 120GB SSD 500GB HDD I was running Assassin's Creed Syndicate... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by FreeRoamer, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Hard Drive Error! Please Help!

I have a PC with the following specs.

Intel Core i5-4570S

8 GB RAM

Nvidia GTX 960

120GB SSD

500GB HDD

I was running Assassin's Creed Syndicate yesterday and I first noticed some momentary stutters when entering a new area. The game was installed in my HDD. When I was playing yesterday, the game suddenly got stuck, and I couldnt do anything on windows, cuz the game appeared to be on top of the task manager. So I shut my PC down. Then when i booted it backup again my HDD was missing. It wasn't there either in File Explorer nor Disk Management. I really don't know how to disassemble a PC tbh. Today, in the morning when I booted my PC backup again, a screen called *American Megatrends* told me the HDD was bad and they needed to run a setup. I pressed F1 and got into the BIOS. I didnt know what to do in there so I just exited from there. And then it ran something called *Fixing D Stage 1:* it completed, and when it booted up again my HDD was there but it was not accessible. The hard drive was seen but the blue bar indicating the amount of space left below it wasn't. When I restarted the PC the HDD is again, missing.

Please Help,

Thank You In Advance!

:)

FreeRoamer, Dec 27, 2019

2. Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

Home - Global Support - DE

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Dec 27, 2019
  3. Jess Bor Win User
    HARD DISK DRIVE ERROR

Hi Aditya,

In order for us to help you with your concern about hard disk drive error, kindly answer the following questions first:

• What specific error are you getting? Are you getting an alpha-numeric error codes such as 0x80070057? If possible, kindly post here a screen shot of the actual error.
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • For initial troubleshooting steps, kindly access this
      support link

We look forward to your response.

Regards.

Jess Bor, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Hard Drive Error! Please Help!

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Hard Drive Error! Please Help!

1. Hard Drive Error! Please Help! - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Error

2. Help please installing hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Help please installing hard drive: So, I have an Asus E402s, which had no memory on it. I think it came with none? Anyway, I thought I needed to buy a SSD hard drive and clone kit and clone the hard drive then swap it out for the hard drive inside. I did the clone but when I took the back off (as you all...
  3. Cant view Hard Drive PLEASE HELP

Cant view Hard Drive PLEASE HELP: ok look my hard drives are online everything is fine i just cant see them in the this pc tab in file explorer https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-view-hard-drive-please-help/fb27c620-54dd-43e0-8ff8-c9f5028145b7
  4. hard drive help

hard drive help: hi guys I have a question on ssd and a m.2 drive, I just upgraded to a 1TB black edition NVME WD M.2 ,i upgraded from a samsung 500 ssd along with a 245 gig ssd. the 500 gig and 245 gig both are not connected at this time.i want to add them as additional storage,both had an...
  5. Hard Drive Dying? PLEASE HELP!

Hard Drive Dying? PLEASE HELP!: Hi all, I'm REALLY desperate for some help! It's a 2TB Seagate HDD. A couple days ago I ran a scan using "HD Tune" and here is the screenshot I took: HDTune-Screen-Error — ImgBB I've also got "SeaTools for Windows" installed. Any help people could offer would be much...
  6. External hard drive migrated???? Or Not help please!!!!!

External hard drive migrated???? Or Not help please!!!!!: Dear Community please help, New to windows 10 and I have a major issue occurred and I'm not sure how or why it happened. My Seagate external Hard drive Migrated and Drive was reconfigured while no one was using it. Why and How did this happen? needless to say the drive was...
  7. Hard Drive Dying? PLEASE HELP!

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Dying? PLEASE HELP!: Hi all, I'm REALLY desperate for some help! It's a 2TB Seagate HDD. A couple days ago I ran a scan using "HD Tune" and here is the screenshot I took: HDTune-Screen-Error — ImgBB I've also got "SeaTools for Windows" installed. Any help people could offer would be much...
  8. Please help me save my Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Please help me save my Hard Drive.: I am somewhat knowledgeable about computers to about an intermediate level. Just enough to get myself into trouble. I don't usually reach out for help but I'm at a critical point and might lose my HD. Long story but I will try to be brief. So I have a Dell 8300 XPS that I...
  9. please help Two hard drives in Explorer View

please help Two hard drives in Explorer View: Two hard drives show in Explorer View windows 10 i use sfc/ scan but Was not true show [img] 68747
  10. System Hard Drive 77% fragmented and will not optimize? Help please.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    System Hard Drive 77% fragmented and will not optimize? Help please.: Hi HP Laptop 240 2000ca, win 10 update from win 7. The system hard drive stays at 77% fragmented and when analyzed it moves to 100%, then when I optimize it runs a very few seconds and stays at 77% fragmented and says it needs optimization. Photo attached I hope. Computer...