Windows 10: Hard Drive failing Windows blue screen even if windows is installed on the SSD

Discus and support Hard Drive failing Windows blue screen even if windows is installed on the SSD in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; <p>Hello everyone,</p><p></p><p>I have a MSI laptop that is making a "tictic" sound. I was thinking that the hard drive was broken and I'm sure it is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Vipongo, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Vipongo Win User

Hard Drive failing Windows blue screen even if windows is installed on the SSD

<p>Hello everyone,</p><p></p><p>I have a MSI laptop that is making a "tictic" sound. I was thinking that the hard drive was broken and I'm sure it is since i got a lot of blue screen. Sometimes I can use the computer for a bit. The wierd thing is that Windows is installed on the SSD so I don't understand why I got blue screens if it's not installed on the hard drive.</p><p>Can anyone tell me if I am right that the problem is the hard drive?</p><p>I'll make a usb recovery for my windows and backup all the data after I've had the confirmation from you.</p><p></p><p>Thank you a lot for your answer.</p>

:)

Vipongo, Feb 12, 2020
  2. Dann Win User

Windows 7 Blue Screen of Death!

This is the first time i have ever got the blue screen, but it keeps on occurring, and so i cannot get onto that hard drive, it shuts down within a second of the blue screen showing itself, which doesnt give me any time to read it lol. So i am completely confused as there is no Path of: "C:\WINDOWS\Minidump" as well

Thanks for the help, do you have any further suggestions ?

3. $immond$ Win User
    Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Feb 12, 2020
  4. jds21 Win User

Windows Updates failed to instal

I just did step one and they have just all installed.... thank you so much.... it was quite frustrating having that update window pop up every 5 minutes and failing to instal every time

Thanks mate

jds21, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Hard Drive failing Windows blue screen even if windows is installed on the SSD - Similar Threads - Hard Drive failing

2. Install Windows in Computer with Failing Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Install Windows in Computer with Failing Hard Drive: My wife's hard drive is failing. I want to install windows on a new hard drive. But when I try to do that, I reach the "location to install" windows and there is no hard drive listed. I'm told I need drivers but the Windows install disk apparently doesn't have the driver I...
  3. Install Windows in Computer with Failing Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Install Windows in Computer with Failing Hard Drive: My wife's hard drive is failing. I want to install windows on a new hard drive. But when I try to do that, I reach the "location to install" windows and there is no hard drive listed. I'm told I need drivers but the Windows install disk apparently doesn't have the driver I...
  4. Install Windows in Computer with Failing Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD: HiI have an HP-Envy 360. It has both an SSD drive and a normal hard drive. Originally the SSD was allocated to be the C: drive and the hard drive D:. Windows was installed and booted of the SSD C: drive.I reinstalled Windows and this situation seems to have swapped over, i.e....
  6. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD: HiI have an HP-Envy 360. It has both an SSD drive and a normal hard drive. Originally the SSD was allocated to be the C: drive and the hard drive D:. Windows was installed and booted of the SSD C: drive.I reinstalled Windows and this situation seems to have swapped over, i.e....
  7. Windows installed on hard-drive instead of SSD

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. Blue screens, "hard drive not installed", apps not opening

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue screens, "hard drive not installed", apps not opening: Hi, I have a Dell Inspiron from 2018 with an SSD and Windows 10 version 1909. Ever since my laptop crashed during a Zoom call on Thursday, I have been getting blue screens with stop codes Bad System Config Info, Unexpected Store Exception, Kernel Data Inpage Error, and...
  9. Windows Install not working on Clean Hard drive SSD

Windows Install not working on Clean Hard drive SSD: Hi I've spent the last few hours trying to work out what is going on here: maybe someone can help? I've got a brand new Kingston SSD and trying to get Windows install on it my old SSD works absolutely fine, and I can plug it back up and boot Windows fine on my custom pc I...
  10. PAGEFAULT blue screen during installation of windows on a new ssd drive

PAGEFAULT blue screen during installation of windows on a new ssd drive: Hello, I bought a new ssd drive for my PC and I wanted to install windows on it and remove it from my old one. I created a bootable usb drive with the tool provided by windows media creation tool and started the installation. The Boot order in the bios is right I have my...