Windows 10: Hard Drive Failure after WIN 10 Update

Discus and support Hard Drive Failure after WIN 10 Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hardware Test Scan resulted in failure and a code: Q4U7HT-7SSAMR-XD7WLK60RR03I tried to put the code in HP but it said it wasn't valid.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Reverend IrmaCarew, Jul 4, 2021.

1. Hard Drive Failure after WIN 10 Update

Hardware Test Scan resulted in failure and a code: Q4U7HT-7SSAMR-XD7WLK60RR03I tried to put the code in HP but it said it wasn't valid. hp.com/g/techcenter/PcDiagsUpdate is still attempting to install a June security update that it cannot install. PC freezes and locks and Games won't play. Also Pc refreshes itself on its own while I am working.

:)

Reverend IrmaCarew, Jul 4, 2021
  2. n2bn2b Win User

Error Message when updating from Win-7 to Won-10

Bree
    I followed your suggestions (2nd Aug 19) for installing Win-10. Made the bootable flash drive successfully through the media creation tool. But when I attempted to upgrade and activate to Win-10 (64 bit) from within Win-7 (Pro-32 bit), I got the following error message:

Error # OxC1900101-Ox20017. " The installation failed in the SAFE_OS phase with an error during BOOT operation"

I read the diagnostics under this error number and carried out the proposed fixes, i.e. update Win-7, uninstall Malwarebyte antivirus, disconnect all external hardware, e.g. printer, scanner, external hard drives. I then tried to repeat the steps to do the upgrade through the Win-10 bootable flash drive as before. Got the same error message.
    Appreciate any further comments and suggestions as to (a) what does a failure in the SAFE_OS during boot operation mean, (b) what can I do to solve it. Is this anything to do with the hardware in my computer? I listed these in my first posting above.
    Thanks for any help

n2bn2b, Jul 4, 2021
  3. Squrl Win User
    Hard Drive Failure after Windows 10 Update

U hard drive is dead. U might be able to take it to a shop and have them save the data, but u will need a new hard drive. I would suggest s solid state hard drive as it has no moving parts and therefore not get murdered by Win 10.

Squrl, Jul 4, 2021
  4. Hard Drive Failure after WIN 10 Update

Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jul 4, 2021
Thema:

Hard Drive Failure after WIN 10 Update

1. Hard Drive Failure after WIN 10 Update - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Failure

2. Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure: My computer died right after Christmas. I bought a used one from a local business with Windows 7 professional installed. I would like to upgrade to Win 10 but can't get any info from my old computer. Help??...
  3. Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure: My computer died right after Christmas. I bought a used one from a local business with Windows 7 professional installed. I would like to upgrade to Win 10 but can't get any info from my old computer. Help??...
  4. Upgrading to Win 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. windows 10 activation after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    windows 10 activation after hard drive failure: my hard drive failed HP pavilion g6 notebook PC I5 1T quite old before Christmas lost everything - unable to boot - couldn't load Norton to access backed up files in July 20- resorted to using my work laptop usb stick to access tools which has now got me access to pc which i...
  6. Win 10 shutdown causes hard drive failure for me.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Win 10 shutdown causes hard drive failure for me.: Hi microsoft , Im a designer artist , i had a laptop with everything on my hdd drive , I handle my laptop to my work every day , i was disabled windows "shutting down anyway or cancel screen " to have a faster shutdown , after this latest update that i dont remember when it...
  7. hard drive failure after Windows 10 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard drive failure after Windows 10 update: My Lenovo computer is four years old. When the latest Windows 10 update came up saying that the old version would not be supported in the future, I let it update. The first night, it was fine and I shut it down. The next night it updated again, and I shut it down afterward....
  8. Getting windows 10 after hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Getting windows 10 after hard drive failure: Hello all. Recently the hard drive on my computer failed. I formatted the hard drive so everything was erased. Now I am left wondering how I will be able to redownload windows 10 without purchasing it all together. I no longer have the windows 7 disk that originally came with...
  9. Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive failure: hello, I've had this computer for about ten years now. Recently I've had it shutting down on me randomly. I thought it was the power supply so I replaced it. Apparently it wasn't. My only other guess is a hard drive failure. I bought a new pc and a synology nas to move...
  10. Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive failure: Hi all, Yesterday I came back to my computer and there was a pop up on the screen telling me that there is an update for Itunes available. So I clicked on install, but nothing happened. Then I wanted to close the pop up, but could not. All was frozen. I had to shut down by...