Windows 10: Hard Drive Failure. Please Advise.

Discus and support Hard Drive Failure. Please Advise. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi there First time I've asked a question here so here goes. My daughters HP laptop will not boot up. Used HP diagnostic built in and it says hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by johnshawHQ, Jun 7, 2019.

1. Hard Drive Failure. Please Advise.

Hi there

First time I've asked a question here so here goes.

My daughters HP laptop will not boot up. Used HP diagnostic built in and it says hard drive is failing.

I think I can recover her photos , files etc by removing hard disk and backing up to new drive BUT....

when I install it how will I get get windows 10 back onto the drive?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

:)

johnshawHQ, Jun 7, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jun 7, 2019
  3. Seagate External Hard Drive

Hi Barbara,

Hardware failure or corruption within your system files are some of the possible reasons why you are experiencing an issue with accessing your external hard drive. For us to provide an accurate solution, we would need you to answer the following questions:

• Which build, version and edition of Windows 10?
    • Are you experiencing the same issue when you are trying to access the external hard drive using another PC?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest running the automated troubleshooter for hardware. Follow these steps to do so:

• Open the Control Panel.
    • Using the search box at the upper right corner of the window, type troubleshooting.
    • From the search results, click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Sound and then choose Hardware and Devices.
    • Once done, restart your computer and then check if the same issue persists.

We are looking forward to your response.

Darleen Pen, Jun 7, 2019
  4. Hard Drive Failure. Please Advise.

little cat, Jun 7, 2019
Thema:

Hard Drive Failure. Please Advise.

1. Hard Drive Failure. Please Advise. - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Failure

2. Hard Drive failure

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive failure: Hello everyone, I have Lenovo L13 Yoga and it's fairly new. I recently had a disk failure error in my device and prompted me to scan the hard drive. The scan runs for quite a few hours but as I had to start my work, I forced restarted the device. The device looks...
  3. hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive failure: Windows 10 64 bit posting from second PC HD failure id 9GDUWF-7QFA4R-GXPSMG-6OTO3 Does this mean that I need to replace the HD or is there a fix for it. 157602
  4. Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive failure: Support assist revealed a Hard Drive malfunction and manufacturer recommends installing a new drive. They are sending with Windows loaded. This alone makes me nervous. Typically my tech who is off site would re load and eliminate unnecessary stuff. I don't even know what...
  5. Hard drive failure

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive failure: While using hp components test UEFI, hard drive failure message show..but when i used "error checking" utility by right clicking C drive, then properties then tools then error check, it said no error. Also I used chkdsk option and windows memory diagnostic, both say no error....
  6. Hard drive failure

Hard drive failure: hello, I've had this computer for about ten years now. Recently I've had it shutting down on me randomly. I thought it was the power supply so I replaced it. Apparently it wasn't. My only other guess is a hard drive failure. I bought a new pc and a synology nas to move...
  7. Hard Drive Failure

Hard Drive Failure: Hi....I wonder if anyone with experience of this type of issue could advise please? Basically I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home installed, which unfortunately suffered a total hard drive failure. I'm in the process of replacing the hard drive and don't really want to...
  8. Hard Drive Failure?

Hard Drive Failure?: I have 2 SSD's and 1 HDD in my system. The HDD (F:\) is a 2 TB data drive that I use as a primary backup drive. A few days back the PC was very slow to boot up and flashed a message, something about repairing Drive F: After booting into Windows 10 Pro x64, I could not...
  9. Hard drive failure

Hard drive failure: Hi all, Yesterday I came back to my computer and there was a pop up on the screen telling me that there is an update for Itunes available. So I clicked on install, but nothing happened. Then I wanted to close the pop up, but could not. All was frozen. I had to shut down by...
  10. Hard drive failure

Hard drive failure: The hard drive in my ASUS laptop has failed - completely and permanently. Fortunately this laptop has only been used for a daily mobile use and all important data is been backed up. I also used 'ProduKey' long ago to record the keys on this and my other units. ASUS support...