Windows 10: Hard Drive File Path

Discus and support Hard Drive File Path in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to create a file path for a backup hard drive.Using "disk management" I tried to right click on the drive and choose "change drive... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by MMack1232, Jul 30, 2021.

1. MMack1232 Win User

Hard Drive File Path

Hello, I am trying to create a file path for a backup hard drive.Using "disk management" I tried to right click on the drive and choose "change drive letter and path." The drive is one of the options, but the "change drive letter and path" is greyed out.I read somewhere that this could be a result of drive formatting. I used AOMEI to make it NTFS. Or so I thought. Disk management doesn't recognize the NTFS formatting even after restarting and the "change drive" option is still greyed out.The hard drive in question has data on it and was formerly used as a backup for a linux system.Any ideas? T

:)

MMack1232, Jul 30, 2021
  2. Drone Win User

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Jul 30, 2021
  3. Platibus Win User
    Stored files in Hard Drive

I'd like to know if there's a way of listing all the files stored in my hardware and arrange them by size, because I want to keep track of what's on my hard drive. Thanks, I hope you answer.

Platibus, Jul 30, 2021
  4. Remon Ont Win User

Hard Drive File Path

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jul 30, 2021
Thema:

Hard Drive File Path

1. Hard Drive File Path - Similar Threads - Hard Drive File

2. Transferred Files from camera to external hard drive, now file path does not exist and...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Transferred Files from camera to external hard drive, now file path does not exist and...: Was transferring files from my Nikon D850 to my external hard drive. A process I have done countless times. files were transfered and good to go. Began working on other projects including transferring other files to other locations. At one point computer froze and so...
  3. Transferred Files from camera to external hard drive, now file path does not exist and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferred Files from camera to external hard drive, now file path does not exist and...: Was transferring files from my Nikon D850 to my external hard drive. A process I have done countless times. files were transfered and good to go. Began working on other projects including transferring other files to other locations. At one point computer froze and so...
  4. Transferred Files from camera to external hard drive, now file path does not exist and...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows cannot access the specified device path or file External Hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows cannot access the specified device path or file External Hard drive: Greetings People of microsoft, I tried to access my old SSD using a docking port harddisk 3.0, however it recognised by the system, but when accessing like application.exe it shown an error like this 'Windows cannot access the specified device path or file':Yes it can read...
  6. Windows cannot access the specified device path or file External Hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows cannot access the specified device path or file External Hard drive: Greetings People of microsoft, I tried to access my old SSD using a docking port harddisk 3.0, however it recognised by the system, but when accessing like application.exe it shown an error like this 'Windows cannot access the specified device path or file':Yes it can read...
  7. Windows cannot access the specified device path or file External Hard drive

8. Is there a way to shorten Network Drive file paths?

Is there a way to shorten Network Drive file paths?: We are currently using Network Locations to access our company SharePoint files. We decided to use Network Location instead of OneDrive, because OneDrive has a delay of 5-15 between a person uploading a file and other people seeing the file on their file explorer.However, we...
  9. Same File Path to multiple USB drives.

Same File Path to multiple USB drives.: I have a piece of software that writes CNC programs for a machine in our factory. It saves these programs to a single location that can be set up within the software. It is currently set up to save to a network drive. We want to save these programs to USB drives that...
  10. File loss after drive path change

File loss after drive path change: Changed default location of my desktop folder from my SSD to my HD and lost a whole bunch of point cloud files for Revit software with hours and hours of work sunk into them. Is there any way I can get these back? They don't seem to be anywhere unless there is some place I'm...