Windows 10: Hard drive files uploaded to cloud WITHOUT PERMISSION then GONE!!

Discus and support Hard drive files uploaded to cloud WITHOUT PERMISSION then GONE!! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Seven days ago, I discovered that my entire contents of my computer's hard drive were uploaded WITHOUT PERMISSION into a cloud file. I removed the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by snowy dragon, Mar 28, 2023.

1. Hard drive files uploaded to cloud WITHOUT PERMISSION then GONE!!

Seven days ago, I discovered that my entire contents of my computer's hard drive were uploaded WITHOUT PERMISSION into a cloud file. I removed the files as they were there WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. These files also put me over a storage limit of 5 GB in the cloud. As it also turns out, my 15 GB email address' contents are also in this cloud WITHOUT MY PERMISSION, creating inaccessibility to neither send nor receive emails. The cloud account is still 1GB overlimit in an email account that is under it's storage limit! After a reboot on the computer, ALL my HARD DRIVE files are GONE! What The File!!

:)

snowy dragon, Mar 28, 2023
  2. mgreen10 Win User

Recent shortcuts for apps show files on OneDrive instead of local hard drive

I was able to follow the steps and uncheck the "Use Office apps to sync" box but it didn't change Office's behavior. I opened and closed an Excel spreadsheet on my local hard drive. After that, when I right-clicked on the Excel icon pinned to the taskbar, a link to the OneDrive cloud file was in the list of recent files instead of a link to the file on my hard drive.

Do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks!

mgreen10, Mar 28, 2023
  3. OneDrive Not Synching Files on Hard Drive to the Cloud

I have Windows 10 Home Edition and Microsoft 365, I am trying to use OneDrive to store my folders and files online and automatically back them up as I modify the copy of the file stored on my hard drive.

I have uploaded them to the cloud successfully, but when I modify the files on my hard drive the online copy (in the cloud) does not automatically synch to the updated version on my hard drive.

Am I correct in thinking that it should? And if I am correct, how do I enable automatic synching of the new version of a file on my hard drive with the online version?

The folders I wish to synch are not under ...\Documents\..., but are on a non-system drive (D:\).

Tony_Hedge, Mar 28, 2023
  4. Drone Win User

Hard drive files uploaded to cloud WITHOUT PERMISSION then GONE!!

Stored files in Hard Drive

You can use Windows search. Just search for *.* on a desired drive. When list is done just arrange them by size LOL.

You can do it via command line as well and make an output text file showing files and their sizes (but without arrangement)

Drone, Mar 28, 2023
Thema:

Hard drive files uploaded to cloud WITHOUT PERMISSION then GONE!!

1. Hard drive files uploaded to cloud WITHOUT PERMISSION then GONE!! - Similar Threads - Hard drive files

2. Hard drive files uploaded to cloud WITHOUT PERMISSION then GONE!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive files uploaded to cloud WITHOUT PERMISSION then GONE!!: Seven days ago, I discovered that my entire contents of my computer's hard drive were uploaded WITHOUT PERMISSION into a cloud file. I removed the files as they were there WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. These files also put me over a storage limit of 5 GB in the cloud. As it also...
  3. Hard drive files uploaded to cloud WITHOUT PERMISSION then GONE!!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hard drive files uploaded to cloud WITHOUT PERMISSION then GONE!!: Seven days ago, I discovered that my entire contents of my computer's hard drive were uploaded WITHOUT PERMISSION into a cloud file. I removed the files as they were there WITHOUT MY PERMISSION. These files also put me over a storage limit of 5 GB in the cloud. As it also...
  4. OneDrive Not Synching Files on Hard Drive to the Cloud

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    OneDrive Not Synching Files on Hard Drive to the Cloud: I have Windows 10 Home Edition and Microsoft 365, I am trying to use OneDrive to store my folders and files online and automatically back them up as I modify the copy of the file stored on my hard drive.I have uploaded them to the cloud successfully, but when I modify the...
  5. OneDrive Not Synching Files on Hard Drive to the Cloud

in Windows 10 Gaming
    OneDrive Not Synching Files on Hard Drive to the Cloud: I have Windows 10 Home Edition and Microsoft 365, I am trying to use OneDrive to store my folders and files online and automatically back them up as I modify the copy of the file stored on my hard drive.I have uploaded them to the cloud successfully, but when I modify the...
  6. OneDrive Not Synching Files on Hard Drive to the Cloud

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. uploading to the cloud

uploading to the cloud: I have a new desk top and it has been uploading to windows for 5 days with no end in sight. What can i do to delete some files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/uploading-to-the-cloud/f5799375-963c-4374-920e-5ee67225247e
  8. Upload to the Cloud Question

Upload to the Cloud Question: I have a few small files 1-10MB that I would like to upload to the cloud each time I use them. I cannot seem to find out how I can do this. Can anyone help ? Thank you, Richard S....
  9. Gaining permission to an old hard drive files

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Gaining permission to an old hard drive files: Hi. I have an old hard drive with which I decided to copy it's data to a new HDD, I had a OS installed on it (probably windows xp) when I decided not to use it. Now that I decide to copy its data from C drive, It says you don't have access and you need to fix the premission...
  10. Upload Files from infected PC to cloud

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Upload Files from infected PC to cloud: My PC is infected with Defo@boot virus. If I upload my important files to cloud from this infected PC and again download to another PC, whether that PC will also get infected by this virus. These files are very important for me. 112401