Windows 10: Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files

Discus and support Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My HP Laptop harddrive is filling up with Event Log files in the Windows Temp folder. The harddrive fills totally within 2 days running. Solution... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by michaelthompson5, Feb 22, 2019.

1. Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files

My HP Laptop harddrive is filling up with Event Log files in the Windows Temp folder. The harddrive fills totally within 2 days running. Solution

:)

michaelthompson5, Feb 22, 2019

2. Hard drive filled with invisible files.

My C:\ drive, which holds the Windows 10 OS, programs data/files and a little bit of user data, shows that I have used roughly 600gb of space (first image below) on a 1TB SSD. When I use WinDirStat to see what's on that drive, it shows that I have about 120gb of data on it (second image). Could someone kindly suggest what could be taking up 480gb of space—and why it is invisible to WinDirStat. Your help would be greatly appreciated.

Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files [​IMG]

Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files [​IMG]

Slow Processor, Feb 22, 2019
  3. Win 10 April update--hard drive now constantly filling up with temp files

After the Windows 10 update installed last week, the next day my hard drive was full 100%. After much searching I found 390 gigs of temporary files left behind in the Windows directory. I had to install windirstat.exe to find the files and delete them.
    2 days later, my hard drive filled up again, and this time the files were not visible on windirstat. This time, I was able to identify the temporary files in the Windows temp directory and was able to delete them. This is now the 3rd time I've had to remove
    excessive temp files since the update. What's going on! Help!

I'm running a Dell XPS 13 – 9343, 64-bit win 10. Let me know if you need additional information. The next time it happens I'll take screenshots, but I don't have them now.

Grant

GrantIannelli, Feb 22, 2019
  4. Ecocat Win User

Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files

Hard drive full

Hello, I purchased a laptop in 2016 and have the same problem. I found the following clean up commands helpful (these files have to be cleared/deleted manually. These files are not cleared by disk clean up):

• Clearing Event viewer Logs
    (these logs are reacuring I manually clear every 2 days) :

• Right click windows icon

• Select Event viewer

• Select Windows logs

• Select all options under windows logs and with right click select clear logs.

• Clear all successful logs and save warning logs in perf log folder.

• Perf. Log folder can be found in Windows folder.

• Removing Temporary files:

• Right click on windows icon and select Run.

• Type in: %temp% in search window to find temp file folder

• Select temp file folder titled: Temp folder, Windows/Temp.

• Select all, then press shift and delete to permanently delete temp files.
    To save space on C:drive, you can assign the temp file folder to another drive

Ecocat, Feb 22, 2019
Thema:

Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files

1. Hard Drive Filling Up with Temp log files - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Filling

2. Temp files fill hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Temp files fill hard drive: Hi. I just bought a new HP desktop with Win 11. Imagine my surprise to find my 237gb SSD drive is filled with 198gb of temporary and system files which I apparently can't remove. I already deleted a 19gb Windows.old file. How can I get rid of the rest of the stuff crowding my...
  3. Temp files fill hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Temp files fill hard drive: Hi. I just bought a new HP desktop with Win 11. Imagine my surprise to find my 237gb SSD drive is filled with 198gb of temporary and system files which I apparently can't remove. I already deleted a 19gb Windows.old file. How can I get rid of the rest of the stuff crowding my...
  4. hard drive keeps filling up

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    hard drive keeps filling up: help window insider 10 pro version:1909 windows 10 wont update and hard drive stays full no matter how fast i delete things it stays full how do I fix this problem. because of the disc being full cannot even save a restore point....
  5. AppX filling up temp file!

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    AppX filling up temp file!: What does Microsoft say about the problem of AppX error/service filling up a Temp file and that even if you delete it they start again? It uses up computer memory.....!!! Thank you....
  6. Hard Drive Suddenly filling up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Hard Drive Suddenly filling up: I have an Asus laptop running the latest Win10 update, 1903. It has a 500G HD that usually has about 200G in use. Today I checked and it was almost full, only about 5G remaining. What could be causing this? I checked programs using appwiz.cpl and saw nothing strange. I have...
  7. Secondary hard drive filling up-system restore files?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Secondary hard drive filling up-system restore files?: I built this computer about 6 months ago. I have a 500 GB M2 SSD as my C drive. I partitioned a 1TB HDD into 2 500 GB drives J and K. I am using the K drive for windows image backup trying to avoid the backups filling up my secondary drive but it still happening on the J...
  8. Hard Drive Randomly Filling Up

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Randomly Filling Up: My 256 GB hard drive has zero space left (programs now shutting down, etc.). I deleted or moved all duplicate files ; documents and applications only account for about 50 GB. When I free up a few GB, it rapidly fills up again. This is not a defrag issue; this is something...
  9. Hard drive filling up

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive filling up: Each night my hard drive fills up. I can't figure out where the free space is going. I can clear off 5 gigs, but the next morning there is a 'low disk space' error.. How can I find where the empty space is being used? Can I search by newest file created? 106834
  10. Hard drive filled with invisible files.

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard drive filled with invisible files.: My C:\ drive, which holds the Windows 10 OS, programs data/files and a little bit of user data, shows that I have used roughly 600gb of space (first image below) on a 1TB SSD. When I use WinDirStat to see what's on that drive, it shows that I have about 120gb of data on it...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. appxdeploymentserver fills up hard drive

2. event logs filling up temp folder

3. AppXDeploymentServer temp

4. appxdeploymentserver event log filling up hd,
  5. event logs temp files,
  6. temp folder event viewer logs filled,
  7. pdf log fileds fills the temp file,
  8. windows 10 event logs filling up harddrive,
  9. event log files going into temp folder,
  10. hard drive filling up with temp log files,
  11. windows 10 surface saves AppXPackaging_C1B6A5DA event logfiles fills up disk,
  12. appxdeploymentserver fills up hard drive microsoft surface,
  13. what is appxpacking event log in temp folder,
  14. appxdeploymentserver creating logs,
  15. \windows\temp\appxdeploymentserver