Windows 10: Hard Drive Folders inaccessible

Discus and support Hard Drive Folders inaccessible in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The HP 8200 Elite SFF with Windows 10 64 bit the internal hard drive forever (j:) is with an issue. Last night the computer worked fine, today when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by parvardigar, Mar 13, 2020.

1. Hard Drive Folders inaccessible

The HP 8200 Elite SFF with Windows 10 64 bit the internal hard drive forever (jHard Drive Folders inaccessible :) is with an issue. Last night the computer worked fine, today when I turned it on this happened. I opened up Forever and drilled down to a folder 'sites' and found a site folder I needed. I opened up mbl-2019 within the Sites folder then opened up public_html and then opened up another directory. I write this out long to show I am dropping down into folders. However when I attempt to open a folder in Baba-list (a,b,c,d and so forth) I get "A device which does not exit was specified."

In disk management I see the drive is 'healthy; I see it is NTFS - I see I am unable to run checkdisk (see attachments) so I elect to go to command prompt to run 'chkdsk /f
    and I get this message "Chkdsk is not avaialbe for raw drives."

After reading articles on these two alert message "A device which does not exit was specified." and "Chkdsk is not avaialbe for raw drives." I was unable to collect any helpful, useful information to fix this issue.

Let me know what we can do to rectify the problem with this internal hard drive.
    Thanks!

PS 5 files allowed for upload/ missing is the CMD screenshot

:)

parvardigar, Mar 13, 2020
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Mar 13, 2020
  3. Lucifia Win User
    External hard drive is inaccessible

I have a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 2TB USB 3.0 external hard drive that I use to store (majority) videos and documents. A few days ago it started giving me this error for every folder and file, and eventually just from trying to access the hard drive itself from This PC:

Hard Drive Folders inaccessible [​IMG]

And this is what shows up in Device Manager:

In Disk Management, this is what shows up at first (first image) and then when I refresh Disk Management through Action > Refresh (second image):

As for specifications wise, I clean installed to Windows 10 Pro N x64 (a day after this error came up when I plugged in the hard drive, actually... Not sure what I was thinking at the time) with what I think are updated drivers for my hardware from the manufacturer's websites. Previously, it was a clean installation of Windows 10 Pro x64 after upgrading from Windows 8.1 Pro x64.

Not sure if this is worth mentioning, but, all my folders and files show up when the computer actually can read the hard drive, I just can't open any of them. I've never had to deal with hardware problems before, so, if I'm missing something incredibly simple, please point me in the right direction. I really don't want to lose the files in that hard drive, as I'm not able to make a backup even if it was working (with it being my biggest external to date).

P.S. > Not sure if it helps, but, this is what the hard drive shows on Speccy at a glance:

(Is the serial number and firmware version supposed to be the same on all hard drives? Hard Drive Folders inaccessible o_O)

Lucifia, Mar 13, 2020
  4. Hard Drive Folders inaccessible

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Mar 13, 2020
Thema:

Hard Drive Folders inaccessible

1. Hard Drive Folders inaccessible - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Folders

2. What are these inaccessible folders in the C drive?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    What are these inaccessible folders in the C drive?: I have a 3-month old rebuilt windows 10 desktop previous m/b failed, so replaced it, the cpu, RAM and the C drive with SSD that is showing a number of inaccessible folders in the C drive. Screenshot of this view, with hidden files shown option ticked, here:Every folder in the...
  3. What are these inaccessible folders in the C drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are these inaccessible folders in the C drive?: I have a 3-month old rebuilt windows 10 desktop previous m/b failed, so replaced it, the cpu, RAM and the C drive with SSD that is showing a number of inaccessible folders in the C drive. Screenshot of this view, with hidden files shown option ticked, here:Every folder in the...
  4. What are these inaccessible folders in the C drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. USB hard drive is inaccessible

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    USB hard drive is inaccessible: Hello, Mysterious USB hard drive problem. After a couple of hours trying to resolve this I have gotten various error messages shown below. - Hard Fail: music player locked up while accessing music files on external USB hard drive X: - Rebooted computer. Every time I...
  6. Hard Drive is Inaccessible Because of Administrator Problems?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive is Inaccessible Because of Administrator Problems?: I plugged a hard drive into my laptop today but Windows said it was inaccessible. I ran chkdsk in Command Prompt and it was able to access it with no problems, but Windows itself still could not access it. I ran Disk Management and I found out that the disk was only...
  7. Shared Folder Inaccessible

in Windows 10 Customization
    Shared Folder Inaccessible: My office LAN is on a Windows 7 PC. It's a small LAN, with just one main PC and five other PCs accessing the main shared folder. All my colleagues are able to access the shared folders. They have Windows 7. However, I am running Windows 10, and in the last fortnight, suddenly...
  8. Hard drive inaccessible, parameter incorrect

Hard drive inaccessible, parameter incorrect: Last night for an unknown reason, my 1 TB Seagate external hard drive wasnt allowing me to use things inside of it or open it. It would tell me the parameters were incorrect. When it was plugged in, I was unable to use the taskbar with the start menu unresponsive and my...
  9. Hard drive inaccessible after upgrade - (apps stored on drive run)

Hard drive inaccessible after upgrade - (apps stored on drive run): Okay, here's a weird one. And of the searching I've done, it seems others who've had this problem have had encryption, which I don't. Problem: When I click on my H: drive or try to access it from the command line, it gives me an access denied error. However, all of the...
  10. External hard drive is inaccessible

External hard drive is inaccessible: I have a Seagate FreeAgent GoFlex Desk 2TB USB 3.0 external hard drive that I use to store (majority) videos and documents. A few days ago it started giving me this error for every folder and file, and eventually just from trying to access the hard drive itself from This PC:...