Windows 10: hard drive fuller than it should be?

Discus and support hard drive fuller than it should be? in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello! I have the problem that my SSD, which also contains the operating system, is fuller than it should be in theory. [ATTACH]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by S1m0n001, Jun 27, 2020.

1. S1m0n001 Win User

hard drive fuller than it should be?

Hello!

I have the problem that my SSD, which also contains the operating system, is fuller than it should be in theory.

hard drive fuller than it should be? 0_big.png

hard drive fuller than it should be? 1_big.png

You should be able to see this clearly in the two pictures. On the first one I marked all folders inside the drive and then

Right click-->Properties. 95GB occupies, which is a realistic value. But when I go one level higher in the explorer and select the drive directly, it says 193 GB are occupied.

Have I made a mistake in my thinking or what could be the reason for this?

:)

S1m0n001, Jun 27, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jun 27, 2020
  3. Mathragh Win User
    Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jun 27, 2020
  4. hard drive fuller than it should be?

little cat, Jun 27, 2020
Thema:

hard drive fuller than it should be?

1. hard drive fuller than it should be? - Similar Threads - hard drive fuller

2. Should I format the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should I format the hard drive?: I recently bought a refurbished Lenovo, needing a machine with enough power and storage to run Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop without crashing. I asked for any reliable laptop with 16GB ram and 256GB memory and was not paying attention to the operating system. It came with...
  3. Should I format the hard drive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Should I format the hard drive?: I recently bought a refurbished Lenovo, needing a machine with enough power and storage to run Adobe Lightroom and Photoshop without crashing. I asked for any reliable laptop with 16GB ram and 256GB memory and was not paying attention to the operating system. It came with...
  4. Hard drive showing as normal folder rather than drive tiles

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive showing as normal folder rather than drive tiles: So my computer started displaying drive tiles as normal folders as can be seen in the pic I posted below. No recent updates that might have caused that. No apps installed either. I scanned for viruses but none was foundI even did windows reinstallation hoping it will resolve...
  5. Hard drive showing as normal folder rather than drive tiles

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive showing as normal folder rather than drive tiles: So my computer started displaying drive tiles as normal folders as can be seen in the pic I posted below. No recent updates that might have caused that. No apps installed either. I scanned for viruses but none was foundI even did windows reinstallation hoping it will resolve...
  6. Hard drive showing as normal folder rather than drive tiles

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Drive showing way fuller than it is

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Drive showing way fuller than it is: I have a backup external hard drive G: It shows only 153GB free of 3.63 TB but TreeSizeFree shows less that 100GB of actual files on the drive. Here is a screenshot below. I cannot figure out why Disk G appears so full, and what to do about it?...
  8. fps lower than it should be

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    fps lower than it should be: I'm having a problem where my fps is lower as it should be on a good pc. For example, in League of Legends, I'm having low fps -55ms. I don't know why. On my old pc which is gtx 960, I'm having almost 200fps. Now, my pc is new, this is the specs: Ryzen 5 2400G 8GB RAM...
  9. Hard drive shows much smaller than is

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive shows much smaller than is: You're quite welcome. Glad we can help. However, I suggest to use the smaller drive for Windows, 200 GB is enough (186 GB shown). You can transfer Windows back to it then use 1TB drive strictly for data. Easier to manage and backup. If you need help on this, let me know.
  10. Hard drive used space more than doubled...

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Hard drive used space more than doubled...: Can't figure this out. Have a Tablet 2 in 1 with W10 and 32GB SSD. Have not installed any programs. A few days ago the size of the used space on he drive was 7.8 now, it is 16.6GB. Any clues? 63598