Windows 10: Hard Drive Gone Missing

Discus and support Hard Drive Gone Missing in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; One of my secondary hard drives went missing this morning. Been using it for more than a year on this Desktop PC. Opened Disk Management expecting it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by GregCowling, Sep 4, 2019.

1. Hard Drive Gone Missing

One of my secondary hard drives went missing this morning. Been using it for more than a year on this Desktop PC. Opened Disk Management expecting it just had to be reestablished, which has happened before, but it wasn't there. Rescan didn't help. Can you?

:)

GregCowling, Sep 4, 2019

2. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Sep 4, 2019
  3. Xiphos Win User
    hard drive gone missing

so I have 2 hard drives of the same model

one of them I have been using just fine, so recently I decided it was time for a fresh install of Vista, and I opted to install in AHCI mode this time.

I was one of the early adopters, so I have Vista disk w/o SP1

when I got done installing, everything seems fine, hard drives shows up.

so I went ahead and installed SP1 and other updates
    after restart, my hard drive went missing. *Confused Hard Drive Gone Missing :confused:

then I plugged in another fresh drive of the same model, just to make sure it is not dead.
    the fresh drive has the same problem too.

here is all 3 of my hard drives showing up in BIOS

Hard Drive Gone Missing i52nol.jpg

and here is the fresh drive with unallocated space showing up

Hard Drive Gone Missing [​IMG]

formatting....

Hard Drive Gone Missing 15phd20.jpg

after about 30 seconds

Hard Drive Gone Missing [​IMG]

gone, just like that.

hardware:
    Mobo: Asus P5Q Pro Bios - 2102
    Hard Drive: WD4000YR-01PLB0

software:
    Vista home premium 64 bit

I've installed the following from Asus support site:
    - Intel(R) P45/ICH10R Chipset Software Installation Utility WHQL V9.0.0.1009
    - Marvell 88SE6111 SATA Controller Driver V1.2.0.60

but didn't work.

seems like I have 2 options, format and run in EIDE mode, or again, format and do w/o SP1

Xiphos, Sep 4, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Hard Drive Gone Missing

Hard Drive Space Missing

Hi,

It is possible that hard drive space was missing due to a corrupted file system. To better assist you, kindly answer the following questions:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried deleting temporary files?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far aside from checked the hidden files?

We're looking forward to your response.

Rose Cal, Sep 4, 2019
Thema:

Hard Drive Gone Missing

1. Hard Drive Gone Missing - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Gone

2. Missing Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Hard Drive.: i have a hard drive on my PC which i can't see. This happened when i installed windows 11 from scratch. I have moved the disc to my other PC which is still Windows 10 but i can't see it on there either....
  3. Missing Hard Drive.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Missing Hard Drive.: i have a hard drive on my PC which i can't see. This happened when i installed windows 11 from scratch. I have moved the disc to my other PC which is still Windows 10 but i can't see it on there either....
  4. Missing hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing hard drive: I am running Windows 10 and when I booted up this morning, one of my internal drives I is not listed in configuration. How can I get it back? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-hard-drive/7006fa88-6a3f-4adc-b19a-e6e75ee79502
  5. Missing hard drive

Missing hard drive: I have 3 internal hard drives on my Windows 10 pc. They are C, G, and I. When I booted up this morning, drive I was missing. I did a restore to an earlier date, but it is still missing. Only now, system say apps Skype, iTunes, and Spotify will not work. How can I fix this?...
  6. missing hard drives

missing hard drives: I have just got a pc from work and I installed a fresh load of windows 10 but the 3 extra hard drives installed cant be found I have tried everything cant get windows to see them as you can see bios knows they are there but in manager not seen also in my...
  7. Missing Hard drive

Missing Hard drive: So I was resetting my computer to remove files and apps ect. and after it reset it no longer shows that I have a hard drive anymore and it only shows I have my ssd https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-hard-drive/cf4e79de-9314-4b4a-8496-f382533397df"
  8. missing hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    missing hard drive: how to fix missing hard drive on windows 10 in my computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/missing-hard-drive/afac03cb-d78c-4a02-bea4-60379ecf0b64
  9. missing hard drive

missing hard drive: I just installed a new 4 tb hard drive. During that process I had a thumb drive plugged in that just finished installing windows 10. So after I initialized the hard drive an gave it a letter. I then removed my thumb drive an now my 4 tb hard drive has disappeared an I can no...
  10. Missing hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Missing hard drive: I posted several days ago of my stupidity when I blew away the partitions on my physical "D:" drive by mistake, taking out about 20 years of family photos with very little backup. Since that time I have tried various recovery tools, but suspect I am just slinging mud at a...