Windows 10: Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer.

Discus and support Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded my C Drive and now my SSD drive wont allow access. It shows the drive in Device Manager but in file manager all it shoes is the drive with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidJoseph4, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer.

I upgraded my C Drive and now my SSD drive wont allow access. It shows the drive in Device Manager but in file manager all it shoes is the drive with a ? on it. What do I do?

:)

DavidJoseph4, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jun 3, 2019
  3. exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer.

Cannot find (Seagate) external hard drive in File Explorer.

Thank you, Billion, for all the help. Unfortunately, the drive still doesn't show up in File Explorer. The computer recognizes it, and reads that the external hard drive is working properly. However, I still can't access anything inside it.

KetsyGonzalez, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer.

1. Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer. - Similar Threads - Hard Drive has

2. new hard drive has win7

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    new hard drive has win7: My old laptop has a new hard drive in which I had installed win7. This was a few months before getting notified about the termination of updates to win7. laptops. Anyways what I want to know is if installing win10 software on my laptop would be better than buying a laptop...
  3. File explorer shown two external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File explorer shown two external hard drive: Hi, i hope someone could help me in my problem, so i been encountering this issue for a long time and i dont know how to solve it i already reset my laptop because i thought that was the solution but its not, i dont even know how this happend whenever i plugged in a usd or an...
  4. Windows File Explorer can't see my installed hard drives

Windows File Explorer can't see my installed hard drives: I recently did a clean install to a new SSD. It does not show up in Explorer. I also did reformatting of 2 HDDs...neither of them show up in Explorer either. Oddly enough, all 3 drives do show in Disk Management. How do I resolve this?...
  5. File Explorer Navigation Pane shows hard drives twice

File Explorer Navigation Pane shows hard drives twice: I have a new computer with Windows 10. in File Explorer the hard drives and the DVD drives appear twice. Once under "This PC" and then again at the same level as "This PC" following "Libraries". I don't recall this happening on my old computer which had Windows 10 also. Is...
  6. Nothing is being stored on my hard drive and my hard drive doesn't show up in file explorer

Nothing is being stored on my hard drive and my hard drive doesn't show up in file explorer: Nothing is being stored on my hard drive and my hard drive doesn't show up in file explorer everything right now is being stored on my SSD -Noah[ATTACH]...
  7. External hard drive not appearing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive not appearing in file explorer: my windows 7 laptop died (no power). I purchase new windows 10 laptop and am attempting to read my former hard drive by making it an external drive. It is recognized as a device but I cannot view any of the files in file explorer. I am just attempting to recover some recent...
  8. new hard drive has windows installed

in Windows 10 Customization
    new hard drive has windows installed: I have factory installed widows10, on brand new hard drive. nothing else on disk. what is next step? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/new-hard-drive-has-windows-installed/fed6ecb6-7451-4a47-9fb8-85ad4e34bb6a
  9. File Explorer has lost files

File Explorer has lost files: I had my documents and pictures on a second drive. I took it out. Now those folders under "This PC" in File Explorer tell me to insert a drive when I click on them because it is looking for D:/Documents. (It is correct in Libraries and Quick Access.) It isn't a major problem...
  10. Hard Drive doesn't show up in file explorer

Hard Drive doesn't show up in file explorer: [ATTACH]My 1 TB hard drive doesn't show up in the file explorer despite me being able to see it in device manager and the defragmenter software in windows 10. I don't want to format my hard drive because it has alot of my personal files and i don't have another computer to...