Windows 10: Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer.

Discus and support Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I upgraded my C Drive and now my SSD drive wont allow access. It shows the drive in Device Manager but in file manager all it shoes is the drive with a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DavidJoseph4, Jun 3, 2019.

1. Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer.

I upgraded my C Drive and now my SSD drive wont allow access. It shows the drive in Device Manager but in file manager all it shoes is the drive with a ? on it. What do I do?

:)

DavidJoseph4, Jun 3, 2019
  2. Remon Ont Win User

External Hard Drive

Hi John,

We suggest that you try the troubleshooting steps below:

• Open your External Hard Drive file in File Explorer.
    • Type the name of the file you want to search on the search box and click Enter.
    The file will show up in Search Results and you will be able to move it to the correct folder.

Let us know if you need further help.

Remon Ont, Jun 3, 2019
  3. exterior hard drive usable?

Hi,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• Plug USB hard drive into old computer.
    • Open File Explorer (Win+E) and open the USB drive.
    • Open another File Explorer window and open your documents folder.
    • Drag files to the USB drive.
    • Move drive to new computer.
    • Drag files to their new homes in the matching documents/pictures/videos/whatever folders you use to organize.
    Please let us know if you have any further issues. in uploading/ transferring data.

Thanks.

Anil Madishetty, Jun 3, 2019
  4. Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer.

Cannot find (Seagate) external hard drive in File Explorer.

Thank you, Billion, for all the help. Unfortunately, the drive still doesn't show up in File Explorer. The computer recognizes it, and reads that the external hard drive is working properly. However, I still can't access anything inside it.

KetsyGonzalez, Jun 3, 2019
Thema:

Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer.

1. Hard Drive has a ? in file explorer. - Similar Threads - Hard Drive has

2. Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive: I download iCloud from window store to access the data in iCloud, but when I change the setting of iCloud, the software at task-bar become ‘white paper’ and window said that the software is moved, name changed or deleted when I click it. There are also some problem of the...
  3. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer: It works on another laptop running on Windows 10. I've tried all the fixes I could find online, but nothing seems to be working. It shows up on Device Manager. I did update the drivers. I uninstalled the device. Manually installed drivers from the manufacturer's website and...
  4. External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer

External Hard Drive Not Appearing in File Explorer: It works on another laptop running on Windows 10. I've tried all the fixes I could find online, but nothing seems to be working. It shows up on Device Manager. I did update the drivers. I uninstalled the device. Manually installed drivers from the manufacturer's website and...
  5. Hard drive will no longer display in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive will no longer display in file explorer: I turn on my windows 10 laptop this morning to install a game. I am about to install it to my hard drive but i come to find out that it is no longer there. I have a look and its still plugged in as always. I can safely remove it from the icon thing in the bottom right corner...
  6. Hard drive will no longer display in file explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive will no longer display in file explorer: I turn on my windows 10 laptop this morning to install a game. I am about to install it to my hard drive but i come to find out that it is no longer there. I have a look and its still plugged in as always. I can safely remove it from the icon thing in the bottom right corner...
  7. Hard drive will no longer display in file explorer

8. [RESOLVED] Portable Hard Drive Not Appearing In File Explorer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [RESOLVED] Portable Hard Drive Not Appearing In File Explorer: Hi! I'm having an issue where my Portable Hard Drive Brand is Seagate to be exact will only appear in device manager. I believe this had happened when I formatted for Xbox back in ~October 2019 and uninstalled a game off it later on. I don't know how to reformat this and...
  9. Portable Hard Drive Not Appearing In File Explorer

Portable Hard Drive Not Appearing In File Explorer: Hi! I'm having an issue where my Portable Hard Drive Brand is Seagate to be exact will only appear in device manager. I believe this had happened when I formatted for Xbox back in ~October 2019 and uninstalled a game off it later on. I don't know how to reformat this and...
  10. External hard drive not appearing in file explorer

External hard drive not appearing in file explorer: my windows 7 laptop died (no power). I purchase new windows 10 laptop and am attempting to read my former hard drive by making it an external drive. It is recognized as a device but I cannot view any of the files in file explorer. I am just attempting to recover some recent...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. drive has ? File explorer