Windows 10: Hard drive healthy but cannot be accessed by Windows 10

Discus and support Hard drive healthy but cannot be accessed by Windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have been having on start up my F drive being "repaired" but it cannot be accessed by Windows. Computer Management lists the disk as F: and as... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ggeoff, Oct 6, 2016.

1. ggeoff Win User

Hard drive healthy but cannot be accessed by Windows 10

I have been having on start up my F drive being "repaired" but it cannot be accessed by Windows. Computer Management lists the disk as F: and as healthy! But the file system as RAW. There is also in addition the F: and C: an unidentified Volume with no file system which has a status of Healthy (Recovery partition)

This issue arose after a lightning strike. The files are there but i can;t access them normally. The drive was used for backup so since I have the original files should I just reformat the drive or scrap it and buy a new one?

:)

ggeoff, Oct 6, 2016

2. Windows 10 can't access WD My Passport Ultra 1TB

Same issue here. I've been using my WD My Passport Ultra drive successfully for several months. Now all of a sudden, Windows 10 cannot access it. Device Manager shows it is healthy. I can "see" the drive in File Explorer, but every time I click on it,
    I get an error message that says Windows cannot access the drive. I checked that all my Windows 10 updates have installed properly. I don't get any errors with that. No idea what to try next.

Cheryl2016, Oct 6, 2016
  3. Use of drives wrongly allocated.

Following a clean install of Windows 10 I discover that the 2TB hard drive that I used for photographs only has been allocated for use as the primary root drive C. My smaller drive (500GB) now fills the role of a data drive. The division of files between
    the two drives is not as clear cut as it ought to be but basically I need to swap the content of these drives. What can I do?

The Disk Management page shows:- Disk 0 New Volume (C) 1863 GB NTFS Healthy (System, Boot, Page File, Active, Crash Dump, Primary partition); and Disk 1 has three partitions System reserved (I) 100 MB NTFS Healthy (Active, Primary Partition); (J) 465
    GB Healthy (Primary Partition); and one simply described as 450 MB Healthy (Recovery Partition).

I had some problems accessing my former drive C before installing so that must be the reason this has happened. Thankfully there is now normal access to both drives.

reelactive, Oct 6, 2016
  4. Samuria Win User

If it's raw it's lost its partition table the quickest is to delete anything left then format I would then go to disk makers site and download their test and check the drive

Samuria, Oct 6, 2016
  5. ggeoff Win User
    Thanks. It is an old drive and Sea Tools has failed it. Time to upgrade my storage. Two 2GB drives set up as a mirror should do nicely.

ggeoff, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hard drive healthy but cannot be accessed by Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hard drive healthy

2. Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive: I download iCloud from window store to access the data in iCloud, but when I change the setting of iCloud, the software at task-bar become ‘white paper’ and window said that the software is moved, name changed or deleted when I click it. There are also some problem of the...
  3. Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Window file explorer cannot access to hard drive: I download iCloud from window store to access the data in iCloud, but when I change the setting of iCloud, the software at task-bar become ‘white paper’ and window said that the software is moved, name changed or deleted when I click it. There are also some problem of the...
  4. Cannot access the 4 Toshiba hard drive

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Cannot access the 4 Toshiba hard drive: HiI recently bought a new pc. Mainboard with latest bios msi pro z690-a ddr4And now I have what I think is a permission problem on 4 of my hard drives files and folders after PC wakes up from sleep. A full reboot fixes the issue.My pc has 6 drives. 2 m2 SSD drives Samsung 980...
  5. Cannot access hard drive properties in windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot access hard drive properties in windows 10: I Cannot access hard drive properties in windows 10 its all bringing up errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-hard-drive-properties-in-windows-10/49dfc372-855b-4024-b0c9-8570991cc60d
  6. Cannot access hard drive properties in windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot access hard drive properties in windows 10: I Cannot access hard drive properties in windows 10 its all bringing up errors https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-access-hard-drive-properties-in-windows-10/49dfc372-855b-4024-b0c9-8570991cc60d
  7. No access to hard drive

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No access to hard drive: I have a windows 10 and a hard drive that I can not access. It shows on the computer, when I click on it, either it freezes or nothing happens. Ive tried update drive and unistall but nothing seems to work. I have even tried switching usp ports, nothing seem to fix the...
  8. Unable to access hard drive in Windows 10

Unable to access hard drive in Windows 10: I am unable to access my hard drive in Windows 10. When I right click on the drive name, select properties, select security and select advanced, I am confronted with 'unable to display current owner: change. When I collect change I see ta box which asks me to select a user or...
  9. External Hard drive cannot access

External Hard drive cannot access: Hello, I have stored videos and photo on a maxtor back when I used a mac, before i got it stolen. I recently got a Dell laptop and I haven't been able to access any of the data on the hard drive. I tried going through Computer management > disk management but still can't...
  10. 2nd hard drive in CD bay has no volumn label but healthy @ WIndows 10

2nd hard drive in CD bay has no volumn label but healthy @ WIndows 10: DELL E6410 CD bay hard drive, I used an used windows format 2.5" hard drive, at power on an option Intel menu can choose mirror or non-mirror and it remains in non mirror mode. Windows 10 computer management shows it as disk1 healthy, but no drive letter assigned to so file...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my 2tb hard drive cannot be accessed windows 10 says drive is not accessible but it shows no errors

2. helthy drive cannot be accesed

3. hdd is displayed but cannot be accessed

4. hdd can not be accessed after win 10 installation