Windows 10: Hard Drive Icon shows unlock icon.

Discus and support Hard Drive Icon shows unlock icon. in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance to solve the problem; [ATTACH] I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. I don't no why my Volume icon shows unlock icon. I think its of Windows Bitlocker. But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance' started by Techy 789, Jan 27, 2021.

1. Techy 789 Win User

Hard Drive Icon shows unlock icon.

Hard Drive Icon shows unlock icon. e76d75e4-4287-40ca-b122-cabf2910ff60?upload=true.jpg

I have a laptop with Windows 10 Home preinstalled. I don't no why my Volume icon shows unlock icon. I think its of Windows Bitlocker. But mine is Windows 10 home, it doesn't have bitlocker. When I turned on Windows Hello Face Login on my laptop, this unlock icon came. Also when I tried to boot into safe mode, Windows came for Bitlocker recovery key. But I neither have any Bitlocker password nor any recovery key. Please help.

:)

Techy 789, Jan 27, 2021

2. hard drive icon?

Hi, i am trying to change my hard drive icon and have never done it before. I searched and found a little guide but it didnt work. I downloaded an icon from iconarchive.com and so its a single icon in an ico file type.

It opened notepad and typed:

[autorun]

icon=C:\"the file extenstion".ico

and saved it as "C:\autrun.inf"

but this is how it turned out:

Hard Drive Icon shows unlock icon. funnyicon.png

can anyone help me with this?

Pitchblack1110, Jan 27, 2021
  3. dwax Win User
    hard drive icon?

I have a Western Digital External Drive ant they use their own icon. But it is in a folder named AUTORUN then in the ini they put out side the folder it has this in it.

[autorun]
    ICON=AUTORUN\WDLOGO.ICO

Hope that helps.

4. Hard Drive Icon shows unlock icon.

Change external hard drive icon?

Hi, I have two quick questions. I have a western digital ext. hard drive and when i installed it, the icon was messed up and it is just one of those white error icons. is there a way to change it?

and seecond question. I was trying to change the icon, and accidently messed something up. not quite sure what, but whenever i double click on my hard drive to open it, instead of opening up the contents it opens up a search in a new window. anyway to change that?

Thanks for any help.

Pitchblack1110, Jan 27, 2021
Thema:

Hard Drive Icon shows unlock icon.

1. Hard Drive Icon shows unlock icon. - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Icon

2. Unlocking bitlocked drive keeps rearranging Desktop icons

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unlocking bitlocked drive keeps rearranging Desktop icons: I run Win11 22H2. My data drive D: has a BitLocker on. This is where I keep my Desktop files, too.Everytime I unlock D: the Desktop icons are rearranged. How to store the icon arrangement until the next unlocking?...
  3. Unlocking bitlocked drive keeps rearranging Desktop icons

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unlocking bitlocked drive keeps rearranging Desktop icons: I run Win11 22H2. My data drive D: has a BitLocker on. This is where I keep my Desktop files, too.Everytime I unlock D: the Desktop icons are rearranged. How to store the icon arrangement until the next unlocking?...
  4. Devices and Drives icons showed in "This PC"

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Devices and Drives icons showed in "This PC": Hello, Opening "This PC" on my PC I see that under the title "Devices and Drives 4" the icons have disappeared and replaced by a blank page icon without name. I know that there are 4 items but I do not know which they are. Could you please help me find the name of these 4...
  5. unlock desktop icon settings

in Windows 10 Customization
    unlock desktop icon settings: My icons on my desktop are locked....new computer.... I want to unlock them, re position them, the lock them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unlock-desktop-icon-settings/c7cf1c80-687c-4c26-8d12-f9766fd34608
  6. Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly

Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly: [img] I reformated by F: Drive using third party software since windows can't format it by himself. Now, my F drive icon is showing properly but not those other drives i have. 122960
  7. Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Disk Icons Not Showing Properly: [img] I reformated by F: Drive using third party software since windows can't format it by himself. Now, my F drive icon is showing properly but not those other drives i have. 122960
  8. unlock desktop icons

unlock desktop icons: Please help! I'm trying to unlock my desktop icons in windows 10. (They just recently locked on me during an update...) I can still use the apps, but I can't arrange them how I want. The boxes are NOT checked for align to grid or align to grid. I restarted my computer. What...
  9. Hard drive icons spacing too wide

Hard drive icons spacing too wide: how do i fix this? Windows 10 Pro x64 build 16278 92728
  10. unlock hard drive

unlock hard drive: I just installed w10 and I love it!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a dell laptop with a ssd and it works fine. the problem is my second harddrive which is connected a usb and it has all my data on it, except it is locked and cannot edit a file and save the file. We will call that #2, #1...