Windows 10: Hard drive icons spacing too wide

Discus and support Hard drive icons spacing too wide in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; how do i fix this? Windows 10 Pro x64 build 16278 92728 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Win10Newb, Sep 3, 2017.

1. Win10Newb Win User

Hard drive icons spacing too wide

how do i fix this?

Windows 10 Pro x64 build 16278

:)

Win10Newb, Sep 3, 2017

2. "windows 10" taskbar icon spacing too wide

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Forums.

Open an Administrator CMD window. If you can’t find a way, use these steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task Manager.
    • Click File > Run New Task
    • Make sure you have a check mark beside “Create this task with administrative privileges”
    • Type CMD
    • Type the following commands at the CMD prompt:

dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth

sfc /scannnow

If the above commands both completed and show no remaining issues, run these commands:

powershell

Get-AppXPackage -AllUsers |Where-Object {$_.InstallLocation -like "*SystemApps*"} | Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register "$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml"}

Hope this helps.

Anish A Kumar, Sep 3, 2017
  3. "windows 10" taskbar icon spacing too wide

It worked! thanks so much.

TeresaBarton, Sep 3, 2017
  4. Brink
    Brink New Member

Brink, Sep 3, 2017
  5. Win10Newb Win User
    Admin, i've tried that but didnt worked.

its only like that if the view is on Tiles and Content, the others are normal.

Win10Newb, Sep 3, 2017
  6. Brink
    Brink New Member
    It should look like this with check boxes turned off. Is this what you're seeing now?

Hard drive icons spacing too wide [​IMG]

Brink, Sep 3, 2017
  7. Win10Newb Win User
    yeah, its like that. so its normal? *Shock its annoying. Hard drive icons spacing too wide :p

wish there could be some tweaks.

thanks, Admin Brink *Party

Win10Newb, Sep 3, 2017
  8. Brink
    Brink New Member

Yep, that's normal for "Tiles" view.

Brink, Sep 3, 2017
  9. Bree New Member
    Odd. That's not how it looks on any of my systems (15063.540). Note that there is no icon-width 'whitespace' to the left of the disk icon and that the tick-box is superimposed top left on the icon, not separately off to the left as in the OPs screenshot. Is this a new 'feature' of build 16278 then?

Hard drive icons spacing too wide [​IMG]

Bree, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hard drive icons spacing too wide - Similar Threads - Hard drive icons

2. My hard drive icons looks too different

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard drive icons looks too different: I dont know what happened with my icons looks with two bars https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-drive-icons-looks-too-different/b4baa223-d7c2-4953-9611-5730e51b2903
  3. My hard drive icons looks too different

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My hard drive icons looks too different: I dont know what happened with my icons looks with two bars https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-drive-icons-looks-too-different/b4baa223-d7c2-4953-9611-5730e51b2903
  4. Desktop icons selection area is too wide.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Desktop icons selection area is too wide.: Only 2 icons are being shown on the top of the screen and icon selection area is too wide while their text size is normal. My display settings are change the size of the apps and text on the main menu at '125% recommended' under the "make everything bigger"....
  5. Desktop icons selection area is too wide.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Desktop icons selection area is too wide.: Only 2 icons are being shown on the top of the screen and icon selection area is too wide while their text size is normal. My display settings are change the size of the apps and text on the main menu at '125% recommended' under the "make everything bigger"....
  6. Windows 10 desktop icons too big/wide

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 desktop icons too big/wide: When windows starts all icons and new window I open have become too big/wide to fit screen https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-desktop-icons-too-bigwide/e6a097ea-4da2-4b77-9578-22501584e5c2
  7. Taskbar icon spacing suddenly got too wide in Win10 20H2

in Windows 10 Support
    Taskbar icon spacing suddenly got too wide in Win10 20H2: So, randomly (several weeks after updating to 20H2), the icons on my taskbar suddenly got much wider, as shown in the attached image. The spacing also got messed up in File Explorer. Does anyone know which registry key I should edit to fix this problem? It's very ugly....
  8. Hard drive space

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard drive space: My C: Drive is Highlighted,+but full,and i cannot add anything to it.... I have an E: Drive that shows over 931 GB of space,but it is Grey-Not highlighted...seems to be dormant....How do i activate it/add to it ? Thanks John R....
  9. Desktop Icons too widely spaced

Desktop Icons too widely spaced: For some reason, my desktop icons recently started getting spaced about twice as far apart as usual [ATTACH] I have no idea what caused this but I'd like to recover from it. I've tried changing my view settings after right clicking the desktop, but this hasn't helped....
  10. Desktop icons are too widely spaced apart

Desktop icons are too widely spaced apart: My desktop applications are too widely spaced apart. How do I revert it back to when all my apps could be placed in a grid-format along the left-hand side of the screen?...