Windows 10: Hard Drive Image Software

Discus and support Hard Drive Image Software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Being the Belt & Suspenders type of guy, I thought I would burn an image of my "C" Drive before I plunge into this upgrade. Can anyone recommend a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by w1ksz, Jul 30, 2015.

1. w1ksz Win User

Hard Drive Image Software

Being the Belt & Suspenders type of guy, I thought I would burn an
    image of my "C" Drive before I plunge into this upgrade.

Can anyone recommend a good Image Burner Software that won't
    cost a fortune ?

Does anything exist in Windows 8.1 that I might use ?

Thanks,

rs

:)

w1ksz, Jul 30, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User

How to create Windows 10 system image on a usb flash drive

Third-party image software will store an image on a USB flash drive.

As a practical matter, however, you're better off storing images on a USB external hard drive aka portable hard drive. That will provide enough space to make images daily (or more often) and create a retention schedule.

BulldogXX, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Time Lady Win User
    Transferring OS from external HD to brand-new pc

Hello Phil, it depends on how you’re transferring your OS to the external hard drive, if you have disk imaging software like macrium Reflect & you create an image of C drive/internal hard drive then you can restore that image to the new hard drive, if
    you just plan to copy things over then you’ll still have to reinstall all apps, software etc & transfer all personal files back to the new drive which runs the risk of losing or corrupting things.

Time Lady, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jul 30, 2015
  5. w1ksz Win User
    My bad, I should have said I want to burn an image to an external HD. I have one on order.

w1ksz, Jul 30, 2015
  6. Kyhi Win User
  7. Gary Win User
    Macrium Rocks, it restored my 10 today in 1 minute and 53 seconds.

Gary, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Hard Drive Image Software - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Image

2. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Disk Image File: HelloI have a question, is it safe to delete Hard Drive Disk Image File under Windows C: because the file is 100GB which is alot for meHope that someone answers meBest Regards ElavPuder...
  3. Hard Drive Disk Image File

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive Disk Image File: HelloI have a question, is it safe to delete Hard Drive Disk Image File under Windows C: because the file is 100GB which is alot for meHope that someone answers meBest Regards ElavPuder...
  4. Hard drive reflection software for photography

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive reflection software for photography: Hey everyone, I know there's software out there that exists but I'm having a tricky time narrowing it down for this specific use. I have 2 external hard drives where I store my photography on. We'll call them hard drive A and B. In the past I have just copied all the...
  5. Best hard drive health software?

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Best hard drive health software?: Is Hard Disk Sentinel the best overall? I have an SSD which had a lot of corrupt files, and I'm not sure if there's an underlying issue with this brand new Samsung QVO 870 SSD or if the file corruption was a consequence of something else. I downloaded Hard Disk Sentinel,...
  6. Best hard drive health software?

in Windows 10 Support
    Best hard drive health software?: Is Hard Disk Sentinel the best overall? I have an SSD which had a lot of corrupt files, and I'm not sure if there's an underlying issue with this brand new Samsung QVO 870 SSD or if the file corruption was a consequence of something else. I downloaded Hard Disk Sentinel,...
  7. Changing Hard drive and reinstall software

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Changing Hard drive and reinstall software: Hi, I want to update my hard drive to a newer faster model. I am told that I can register my microsoft software so that I don't have to repurchase it when I get the new hard drive and reinstall Office/Outlook. Is this correct if so how do I do it please?...
  8. Free hard drive monitoring software.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Free hard drive monitoring software.: Free today: Hard Disk Sentinel Standard Edition Hard Drive Software 100% Enjoy. 141348
  9. Drive Imaging software for Win 10?

Drive Imaging software for Win 10?: I've used Acronis True image for years on both XP and Win 7 without any problems. I don't keep TI installed on the systems, I install, Make the BOOT media and run all backups, Images, from booting from the rescue media. Usually loaded into a MustangPE 2 system accesses from...
  10. Software to Clean Hard Drive

Software to Clean Hard Drive: Good morning, I would like to thank everyone for all of the help I have received with my problem. However, I could not get the hard drive cleaned. Is there a software that TECHS use to clean the hard drive? I willing to buy it today. 101333