Windows 10: Hard Drive is almost full after windows reinstallation

Discus and support Hard Drive is almost full after windows reinstallation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just recently reinstalled windows to get a fresh start, but when I went to file explorer, my hard drive is over half full. That means that there... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Nelson Alex, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Hard Drive is almost full after windows reinstallation

I just recently reinstalled windows to get a fresh start, but when I went to file explorer, my hard drive is over half full. That means that there should be 50gb of something in there. I suspected it was the windows.old folder, but that had nothing but a user folder in there that only took up 5mb. If I highlighted everything. Everything in my drive says it takes up only 20gb, which makes more sense, but in file explorer, it says over 50gb is used. Why does file explorer say half of my hard drive is filled up when it isn't? Is this just a case of restarting and it should fix itself?

Hard Drive is almost full after windows reinstallation ad2899a1-da73-4eaa-8f7c-08b0dd3d1c57?upload=true.png

:)

Nelson Alex, Apr 10, 2020
  2. little cat, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Reinstall Windows 10 to new hard drive

Hi Rodolpho,

We want to know about the issue you're having with your recovery drive. Please answer the questions below:

• Are you trying to reinstall Windows 8 or Windows 10?
    • If you already upgraded to Windows 10, were you able to create a new copy of the recovery drive?

We suggest creating a new copy of the recovery drive and then follow the steps provided by Andre Da Costa above this thread.

Update us with the outcome so we can assist you further.

Robert Caw, Apr 10, 2020
  4. $immond$ Win User

Hard Drive is almost full after windows reinstallation

Windowed Hard Drives

On the contrary, showing off "slow tech" by adding a window to a hard drive is a "dumb" idea. Do you really want to be showing off a whole "7200-10000 RPM of power" or would you rather show off a plain SSD drive? (If you really desire to "show off")

Adding any window to any drive is just stupid. I just suggested an easier option for you since manufactures don't put windows on the latest hard drives.

$immond$, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Hard Drive is almost full after windows reinstallation

1. Hard Drive is almost full after windows reinstallation - Similar Threads - Hard Drive almost

2. C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used: My C drive is almost full 94GB used of 104GB. I keep having problems updating windows. Practically all data is stored in the cloud, so I have nothing to move.The hard disk is 1 TB., so there is plenty of space. How do I access this space? I don't have any data to speak of to...
  3. C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    C drive almost full but hard drive hardly used: My C drive is almost full 94GB used of 104GB. I keep having problems updating windows. Practically all data is stored in the cloud, so I have nothing to move.The hard disk is 1 TB., so there is plenty of space. How do I access this space? I don't have any data to speak of to...
  4. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    drive c is almost full: My C Drive is almost full! I've done everything site has suggested. What next? Please help, it won't update anymore! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-is-almost-full/df39eaac-9523-4452-b9c9-31ef422b744e
  5. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Gaming
    drive c is almost full: My C Drive is almost full! I've done everything site has suggested. What next? Please help, it won't update anymore! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/drive-c-is-almost-full/df39eaac-9523-4452-b9c9-31ef422b744e
  6. drive c is almost full

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows Reinstall After Hard Drive Change: I have a Dell Inspiron laptop. It is fairly old, bought new around 2007ish. It came with Windows 7 as the original OS. Over the years, it has updated to newer versions all on its own. It's now running Windows 10.A couple of weeks ago, it was attempting to update to the newest...
  8. hard drive full but almost no apps

hard drive full but almost no apps: I just tried to download an app but it failed so I checked my space and it says I have used over 200 gigabytes I went through and calculated what I should have and it is less than 20 gigabytes Please Help [ATTACH] [ATTACH] these are my largest apps PLEASE HELP...
  9. After a full wipe of my hard drive and then reinstall of Windows, my hard drive only shows...

After a full wipe of my hard drive and then reinstall of Windows, my hard drive only shows...: I wiped my computer due to a Bitlocker encryption problem. However, now, my hard drive only has 28 GB of storage. I am thinking of trying to remove this and then see if I can create a larger partition. I'm not sure what's going on. I have checked Disk Management and the...
  10. Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't

in Windows 10 Support
    Main hard drive (C) appears to be (almost) full...but isn't: Hi good afternoon. I have a problem. My main 1 tb drive (C) is showing only 27 gigabytes free, but I know for a fact there should be around 850 gigabytes free.....at least that what was displayed yesterday. There is absolutely no way that I have used 830 gigabytes since...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. c drive almost full windows 10