Windows 10: Hard drive is locked under administrator mode

Discus and support Hard drive is locked under administrator mode in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hello Today 18/08 I got a notification telling me that I must restart my computer to repair my hard drives. Trusting it, I restarted it and it started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Rolland T, Aug 18, 2020.

1. Rolland T Win User

Hard drive is locked under administrator mode

Hello

Today 18/08 I got a notification telling me that I must restart my computer to repair my hard drives. Trusting it, I restarted it and it started the process. I have one SSD and one HDD. It ended well, apparently nothing was wrong, but now my HDD is completely locked. It's telling me that it needs admin access for every main folder. I can access them, but nothing else can. Some shortcut on the desktop broke and it's also telling me that the trash bin is damaged. Nothing can be accessed by anything excepted me.

It seems like something in the security broke. For every apps I try to open, it asks me if I authorize them to be launched.

I don't really know what happened and how to fix it. I hope someone has solutions.

Thank you

:)

Rolland T, Aug 18, 2020
  2. little cat, Aug 18, 2020
  3. Locked hard drive

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Please provide some additional information, so that we can assist you better.

1. What happens when you try to run your system in ‘Normal Mode’?
    2. May I know if your hard disk is locked with ‘Bit Locker’ encryption?
    3. What is the make and model number of your system?

If your system is booting to ‘Safe Mode’ on its own upon every restart, you can follow the steps below to start the system in ‘Normal Mode’.

Steps:

1. Press ‘Windows + R’ simultaneously on your keyboard.
    2. Type MSCONFIG and then click on Enter button on your keyboard.
    3. In MSCONFIG, click on the ‘Boot’ tab, uncheck ‘Safe boot’.
    4. Click on ‘Apply’ and ‘Ok’.
    5. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Let us know if you got the help you needed by clicking ‘Yes or No’.

Harish

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Harish_kum, Aug 18, 2020
  4. Hard drive is locked under administrator mode

Samsung M3 portable hard drive not getting recognised on Windows 10.

Hi,

Thank you for your response with the current status of the issue.

To assist you better, please provide us the below information

• Have you tried to uninstall and reinstall the external hard drive on the computer?
    • Are you logged into the Administrator Account while assigning the driver letter to the external hard drive?

I recommend you to follow the steps below to update all the pending Windows updates and also try to reinstall the hard drive driver in the Device Manager. Check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to update all the pending Windows updates in the computer and check if it helps.

1. Click on Start Menu.

2. Then select Settings.

3. Choose Update & security >
    Windows Update
    >Check for updates. Install any available updates and restart your PC if required.

Step 2: I recommend you to uninstall and reinstall the Hard drive as suggested in the previous post. Also you can run Hardware and Device troubleshooter.

Step 3: Then try to boot the computer in safe mode and check if the hard drive is getting recgonized in it or not.

Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-in/windows-10/start-your-pc-in-safe-mode

Please get back to us with an update on issue in connecting External hard drive into Windows 10, we will be happy to help.

Thank you.

Nyima Yonten, Aug 18, 2020
Thema:

Hard drive is locked under administrator mode

1. Hard drive is locked under administrator mode - Similar Threads - Hard drive locked

2. Hard Drive Corrupt or Damaged + Locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Corrupt or Damaged + Locked: Summary: my previous Windows 11 drive ADATA SSD "crashed". I was not able to restore or recover Windows on that drive. I bought a new drive Samsung SSD and installed Windows on it. I want to access my Documents on ADATA SSD. But the drive is locked.It seems that the drive is...
  3. hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    hard drive is locked: After the last win update my hard drive with the operating system is locked. How can I unlock the hard drive? I've tried in Command Prompt. It didn't work. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hard-drive-is-locked/fdb8b2a1-fd87-4b1e-b499-3fe365d30e4b
  4. External hard drive being recognized under 'disk drives' but not under 'storage controllers'I

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    External hard drive being recognized under 'disk drives' but not under 'storage controllers'I: Hi, I'm using Boot Camp right now on a mac, and I don't have enough space to use the internal drive for downloads so I'm trying to use the external drives. I have a Toshiba USB 3.0 2 TB external drive, and while the system seems to recognize that I have a USB 3.0 plugged in,...
  5. Lock Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Lock Hard Drive: Hello fellow redditors. My laptop has a 32GB SSD and 500GB Hard Drive. I've installed windows on the SSD and now I want to lock in order to not install anything else on it and allow only Windows stuff to go in it. Thanks. submitted by /u/galaxytl [link] [comments]...
  6. External Hard Drive Administrative Rights

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    External Hard Drive Administrative Rights: Oh goodness. I know. Here it goes again. Trust me, my situation is different. I have two external drives of which I am having trouble accessing/copying or moving folders to another drive. The error is 'You don't currently have permission to access this folder.' And now here...
  7. Regarding to lock my hard drive

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Regarding to lock my hard drive: I have licensed windows 10 home OS. How can I lock my hard drives ? My laptop does not have bitlocker software https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/regarding-to-lock-my-hard-drive/cff8e274-acaf-4262-892c-a8764bbad280"
  8. external hard drive is locked

in Windows 10 Customization
    external hard drive is locked: I add an external hard drive, Seagate Expansion Drive. I moved my Libraries, including my iTunes library and all the files, from my internal hard drive (c://). I now have several problems. A network path to this drive, appears to go through another external drive. E:...
  9. Hard drive gets locked.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard drive gets locked.: "Your PC ran into a problem and needs to restart" This is the message I got when windows 10 stopped working.. From that it said my computer has an unrepairable problem we will collect the information and restart it for you. It never did restart, so I tried with the...
  10. Hard Drive Locked

in Windows 10 Support
    Hard Drive Locked: Hello so before this problem occurred I attempted to transfer my main drive with Windows 10 on it to a larger drive using the western digital software. After this my computer restarted, and when I tried signed in I would get a flickering screen/black screen with cursor. I...