Windows 10: Hard drive is not visible in dropdown for creating system image.

Discus and support Hard drive is not visible in dropdown for creating system image. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi,I have installed 2 SSD and 1 Hard drive, I am running windows 11 OS, previously I was able to create system image on my hard drive but now when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by AnkurSaini1093, Oct 25, 2021.

1. Hard drive is not visible in dropdown for creating system image.

Hi,I have installed 2 SSD and 1 Hard drive, I am running windows 11 OS, previously I was able to create system image on my hard drive but now when I open the app to create a new backup, it don't show my hard drive in dropdown.As you can see there is a 2 TB Hard drive E drive.Drive E already has a folder WindowsImageBackupDrive E is not there in drop down.

:)

AnkurSaini1093, Oct 25, 2021

2. Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Hi Otley,

Thanks for replying to us with the status of your issue.

As you mentioned, when you connect the USB flash drive in to the system then the System image backup is not present. It might occur if the System image files is not created properly or may be it got corrupted.

As an initial steps I suggest you to check for the memory space in the USB flash driver.

If the Memory is occupied in the USB flash drive the I suggest you to try running check disk on USB flash drive and check if it helps.

Follow the below steps to perform Check Disk.

• Press Windows + X on your keyboard.

• Select Command Prompt (Admin).

• Type the below commands.

Chkdsk [drive letter]: /f /r

Reply to us with the status of your issue, we will be happy to assist you.

Santosh_Rai, Oct 25, 2021
  3. cobrasl Win User
    External Hard Drive (WD Elements) is visible in PW but not in explorer

followed steps..

the partition displayed as below...

Hard drive is not visible in dropdown for creating system image. [​IMG]

as advised I selected "list".. and for a long time it was like this..

Hard drive is not visible in dropdown for creating system image. [​IMG]

cobrasl, Oct 25, 2021
  4. Hard drive is not visible in dropdown for creating system image.

Unable to use System restore from a windows 10 image on Windows 7 with error: "windows cannot find a system image-the usb drive is not visible"

Please help me restore windows 10

raymond.bell, Oct 25, 2021
Thema:

Hard drive is not visible in dropdown for creating system image.

1. Hard drive is not visible in dropdown for creating system image. - Similar Threads - Hard drive visible

2. Creating system Image to external drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Creating system Image to external drive: Hi,I am unable to create a system image to a brand new western digital external drive. My C drive has 170BG & the usb I’m trying to back it up to has 230GB spare.When I attempt to create the system image, it comes up with 'This drive is not a valid backup location'.I've tired...
  3. Creating system Image to external drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Creating system Image to external drive: Hi,I am unable to create a system image to a brand new western digital external drive. My C drive has 170BG & the usb I’m trying to back it up to has 230GB spare.When I attempt to create the system image, it comes up with 'This drive is not a valid backup location'.I've tired...
  4. Creating system Image to external drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Hard drive is not visible in dropdown for creating system image.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive is not visible in dropdown for creating system image.: Hi,I have installed 2 SSD and 1 Hard drive, I am running windows 11 OS, previously I was able to create system image on my hard drive but now when I open the app to create a new backup, it don't show my hard drive in dropdown.As you can see there is a 2 TB Hard drive E...
  6. Can't Create System Image on External Hard Drive

Can't Create System Image on External Hard Drive: Recently my ssd had started failing so I replaced it with 2 new ones. I'm trying to transfer the os from the old ssd to the new one. I read online that I need to make a system repair disc and a system image. I was able to create the system repair disc with no issues however I...
  7. Creating system image after hard drive replaced? Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Creating system image after hard drive replaced? Windows 10: I have a hard drive that is failing. I backed up my files, created a system image, and a restore USB drive. However, when I went to create the system repair disc, the printer installation disc that was already in the drive prompted my computer to try to finish installing the...
  8. I need a hard drive to create a system image.

I need a hard drive to create a system image.: I'm trying to backup everything Windows 10, personal files, etc. but I don't think I have enough space with Blu-Ray discs so I need a hard drive to save a system image to. I'm using the Windows 7 option in Windows 10 Pro. The hard drives, however, don't show up. I think it's...
  9. Create System Image of External Drive

Create System Image of External Drive: My mother's Dell 5566 laptop died mid-use last week - pretty sure it's the mobo. She hasn't backed up recently so she wants to do that before she takes it in to get fixed I'm working on it with her remotely. Got her a SATA cable to check it using another laptop and it's...
  10. Internal hard drive can't be selected to create a system image on.

Internal hard drive can't be selected to create a system image on.: So currently I am trying to create a system image of my PC on a hard drive. When I go to select my HDD D: as the location for backup, the options were only my SSD E:, and after looking through some answers online I tried to reformat my hard drive which again still wouldn't...