Windows 10: Hard Drive is not working

Discus and support Hard Drive is not working in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi there, My hard drive is not working, the reason I think is that I didn't eject it properly with safely remove hardware because I am in a hurry.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by -romuel-, Jan 29, 2019.

1. -romuel- Win User

Hard Drive is not working

Hi there,

My hard drive is not working, the reason I think is that I didn't eject it properly with safely remove hardware because I am in a hurry. The next day I plug it in, it's not working anymore and whenever I open the File explorer to check it, the file explorer as well is not responding. Is there any process I need to do to make my hard drive usable again? I have a lot of files in there that I need so if anyone here had experienced the same, will you please let me know how you fix it? thank you so much.

:)

-romuel-, Jan 29, 2019

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Jan 29, 2019
  3. Mathragh Win User
    Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Jan 29, 2019
  4. Hard Drive is not working

little cat, Jan 29, 2019
Thema:

Hard Drive is not working

1. Hard Drive is not working - Similar Threads - Hard Drive working

2. external hard drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard drive not working: I've been messing around with my external hard drive because I tried to put it in my xbox one s and I didn't really need it in there, i mostly need it for my laptop. I formatted the hard drive on the xbox and now i've put it back into my laptop, the noise comes on when its...
  3. external hard drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external hard drive not working: I've been messing around with my external hard drive because I tried to put it in my xbox one s and I didn't really need it in there, i mostly need it for my laptop. I formatted the hard drive on the xbox and now i've put it back into my laptop, the noise comes on when its...
  4. external hard drive not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    external hard drive not working: I have a 5TB seagate external hard drive, I damaged the pcb usb port and got a replacement and everything works just fine. I'm trying to set up my external storage drive. I plugged it in, noise comes on that it is plugged into the computer, the enclosure power light is on and...
  5. external hard drive not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    external hard drive not working: I have a 5TB seagate external hard drive, I damaged the pcb usb port and got a replacement and everything works just fine. I'm trying to set up my external storage drive. I plugged it in, noise comes on that it is plugged into the computer, the enclosure power light is on and...
  6. external hard disk drive is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    external hard disk drive is not working: I have a Lenovo e470 laptop with windows 10 pro 1909 version OS. It is an office laptop hence it has certain security locks and administrative set ups. Now the issue is...I have a Seagate 1TB HDD which I have been using on this laptop for the last 4+ years. Suddenly since...
  7. My hard drive is not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My hard drive is not working: My hard drive stop working one day and every time I try to open it shows the first image if you know how to fix this please tell me. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-hard-drive-is-not-working/13405014-2aa6-4a0e-9f90-f34d5584882f
  8. The hard drive isn't working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    The hard drive isn't working: I tried connect other device but it doesn't work so my guess is hard drive is a problem but the good news is the light is on so the power is already on but they aren't showing up different devices. It is old HDD Iomega and and it running windows 10. It isn't showing in device...
  9. Hard drive not working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive not working: I needed more space on my Omen Hp laptop so I plugged in an external 2 terabyte hard drive I used for my Xbox with probably 1 terabyte left it appeared under my devices but when I clicked on My PC it did not appear I tried to download the game I needed the hard drive for but...
  10. external hard drive not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    external hard drive not working: my external hard drive is not working and idk how to fix it, it is detected it just doesn't do anything... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-not-working/65f9db49-d585-48c4-b39c-5f14565207ca