Windows 10: Hard drive issue after windows update

Discus and support Hard drive issue after windows update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have a 7th gen i5 on an Asus motherboard with an Asus 1050ti graphics card. My boot drive is a 250gb SSD, and I have 2 1TB HDDs. The other day I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DakodaClark1, Oct 20, 2020.

1. Hard drive issue after windows update

I have a 7th gen i5 on an Asus motherboard with an Asus 1050ti graphics card. My boot drive is a 250gb SSD, and I have 2 1TB HDDs. The other day I was prompted to install windows updates, and after installing them my computer booted fine, but after logging in it was running extremely slow and the screen would occasionally flicker at a slow rate. after some trouble shooting I discovered if I disconnected one of my 1TB HDDs I did not have this issue. Also booting in safe mode with all drives connected worked fine. I tried moving my data off of the drive causing the issue, wiping it, and putting the data back on, but to no avail. Any advice on how to proceed?

:)

DakodaClark1, Oct 20, 2020
  2. little cat, Oct 20, 2020
  3. Windows 10 1909 Causes Secondary Hard Drive to not be Recognized

Installing the Windows 10 1909 Update causes my secondary hard drive to not be recognized.

Steps to confirm issue:

• Secondary drive not visible in Windows Explorer
    • Secondary drive not visible in device manager
    • Secondary drive not visible in disk manager

Steps to replicate issue:

• Installing 1909 update

Steps to resolve issue:

• Uninstall 1909 update

Since updates can only be delayed for so long, an actual fix would be appreciated.

Teknophile, Oct 20, 2020
  4. W1zzard Win User

Hard drive issue after windows update

W7 Hard drive partition issue

to get rid of that 100 meg windows partition that setup creates for you on a new install on a blank hdd:

- press shift+f10 when on the partition management screen in setup <-- this opens a command prompt
    - diskpart <-- start the windows command line partition management tool
    - list disk <--- list the installed hdds in this computer for the next step
    - select disk 0 <- might have to replace 0 with the number of the correct disk
    - clean <-- this will erase all data on the disk you selected one step up- dont use the wrong disk!
    - create partition primary <- creates a primary partition taking up all space on the drive, adjust the command if necessary
    - exit, exit to exit diskpart and the command prompt
    - click refresh in partition manager and select your newly created partition and install to that

W1zzard, Oct 20, 2020
Thema:

Hard drive issue after windows update

1. Hard drive issue after windows update - Similar Threads - Hard drive issue

2. Hard drive missing after Windows Update

in Windows 10 News
    Hard drive missing after Windows Update: [ATTACH]Though uncommon, some users reported missing a complete hard drive after a Windows Update. While the primary drive remains visible, any additional hard drive or partition goes missing. If that is the case for you, this post will help you get back the missing hard...
  3. Hard Drive Spins After Windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Spins After Windows update: After the November update now just about every time I access my C disk or open certain programs I hear my hard drive spin up for a few seconds. I never had this before the update it would only spin up or down when booting or shutting down. How big of a problem is this? I know...
  4. Hard Drive Spins After Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hard Drive Spins After Windows update: After the November update now just about every time I access my C disk or open certain programs I hear my hard drive spin up for a few seconds. I never had this before the update it would only spin up or down when booting or shutting down. How big of a problem is this? I know...
  5. Hard drive disappeared after a windows update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive disappeared after a windows update: Last night I shut down my laptop and it said it had an update that it had to do before it shut down, then the next morning when I turned on my laptop my hard drive was completely gone I watched some tutorials on how to fix it but most of the tutorials required disk management...
  6. hard drive missing after windows update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    hard drive missing after windows update: All my local disks, except for disk C, disappeared after the last update. To fix it, I deleted the last update and then they were back again. But in a few days after a new update KB4560960, the disks were gone again. I tried uninstalling the newest update again, but I...
  7. Issues with safely ejecting hard drive. [After UPDATE]

Issues with safely ejecting hard drive. [After UPDATE]: Hey all, I seem to be not able to eject my drive safely after the latest windows update. I have tried restarting, quitting apps, shutting down everything and restarting Windows File Explorer. I seem to not be able to get anything to work to eject my hard drive safely. Let...
  8. Hard drive disappeared after Windows update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive disappeared after Windows update: I recently updated my desktop to Windows 10 Pro 1903 from 1803. I was having some issues so I updated it using the Media Creation Tool on a USB, I booted using the USB and decided to reinstall Windows only (the other option was to upgrade but that wasn't applicable at the...
  9. Hard drive/windows issues

Hard drive/windows issues: I recently purchased a Dell Inspiron laptop as my main photo editing device. I was quickly disappointed in its performance despite being sold that this was my best option at the proce point. The 8th gen intel i5, 8gb of ram and 2tb 5400rpm HDD was not up to the task of...
  10. Issues with hard drives after restting and updating

Issues with hard drives after restting and updating: Hey guys, so I just bought an RX 580 so I decided to nuke my windows 10 and start a new with a fresh windows 10 install. So, I installed the RX 580 and a 7-port USB 3.0 internal card I got, shut down the computer, unplugged my storage space drives (and color-coded the cords...