Windows 10: Hard drive issues GB increasing and decreasing, pls help

Discus and support Hard drive issues GB increasing and decreasing, pls help in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; So recently I have been experiencing weird activity with my hard drive, about 4 weeks ago I had 239 gb free, and now its to 216 free, while I haven't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Ali Katat, Aug 19, 2022.

1. Ali Katat Win User

Hard drive issues GB increasing and decreasing, pls help

So recently I have been experiencing weird activity with my hard drive, about 4 weeks ago I had 239 gb free, and now its to 216 free, while I haven't downloaded anything at all. I checked a lot of threads, they said it could be a malware-virus, which I did , results showed nothing, I am virus free. I also disabled the hibernation and system restore settings to make sure that wasn't eating up my hard drive. When I go to look at the more detailed, I saw that the "apps and features " were the only thing changing the storage. As of right now I lost over 12 gb of free storage and Idk where it is st

:)

Ali Katat, Aug 19, 2022
  2. Jane Lla Win User

c drive space decrease

Hello,

This behavior can occur when System Restore is turned on on your computer. System Restore uses a portion of the hard disk to store "restore points." These restore points are used by System Restore to return your computer to an earlier state.

System Restore creates a new restore point each time that you start the computer.

We suggest following advised steps to resolve issue in our support page regarding sorting

C drive space decrease

Update us with the outcome.

Regards.

Jane Lla, Aug 19, 2022
  3. little cat, Aug 19, 2022
  4. Hard drive issues GB increasing and decreasing, pls help

Disk Space on C drive increases and decreases

hello over the last i noticed the disk space increases and decreases on my main drive (c drive) it generally at 64gb space but some times in/creases/decreases by 200-300mb and today it dropped by about 2GB briefly I'm running windows 10 pro (64 bit)

ARSENALTASTIC, Aug 19, 2022
Thema:

Hard drive issues GB increasing and decreasing, pls help

1. Hard drive issues GB increasing and decreasing, pls help - Similar Threads - Hard drive issues

2. Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive: Hi,I was editing a video when i suddenly noticed that my hard drive's storage went from ~350Gb to 465Gb. I have restarted my PC but its still here, so I'm curious on why this happened. It is not a bad thing at all, I literally wanted to buy a new one as I was running out of...
  3. Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive: Hi,I was editing a video when i suddenly noticed that my hard drive's storage went from ~350Gb to 465Gb. I have restarted my PC but its still here, so I'm curious on why this happened. It is not a bad thing at all, I literally wanted to buy a new one as I was running out of...
  4. Sudden Space Increase On Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. my storage is decreasing and increasing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    my storage is decreasing and increasing: okay this is weird when i opened my laptop this morning i saw thag storage has decreased 6gb but i didnt install anything 15 minutes passed i check again and i see that from 254gb i come to 265gb while doing nothing...
  6. my storage is decreasing and increasing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my storage is decreasing and increasing: okay this is weird when i opened my laptop this morning i saw thag storage has decreased 6gb but i didnt install anything 15 minutes passed i check again and i see that from 254gb i come to 265gb while doing nothing...
  7. my storage is decreasing and increasing

8. When I decrease my brightness it increases and when I increase is decrease.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    When I decrease my brightness it increases and when I increase is decrease.: When I decrease my brightness it increases and when I increase is decrease and when I increase to max it shows black screen and again when I decrease for maxblack screen it is showing very low brightness.video of my...
  9. When I decrease my brightness it increases and when I increase is decrease.

When I decrease my brightness it increases and when I increase is decrease.: When I decrease my brightness it increases and when I increase is decrease and when I increase to max it shows black screen and again when I decrease for maxblack screen it is showing very low brightness.video of my...
  10. Hard drive issues GB increasing and decreasing, pls help

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive issues GB increasing and decreasing, pls help: So recently I have been experiencing weird activity with my hard drive, about 4 weeks ago I had 239 gb free, and now its to 216 free, while I haven't downloaded anything at all. I checked a lot of threads, they said it could be a malware-virus, which I did , results showed...