Windows 10: Hard drive issues

Discus and support Hard drive issues in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; My current ssd is running windows 7 and it's starting to fail I want to get a new ssd and download windows 10 but the issue I have is not knowing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/RedBarrelBandit, Feb 7, 2020.

1. Hard drive issues

My current ssd is running windows 7 and it's starting to fail I want to get a new ssd and download windows 10 but the issue I have is not knowing what's going to happen to the data on my hdd that I have to hold my games and other stuff like pics does anyone k ow what will happen to it?

submitted by /u/RedBarrelBandit
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/RedBarrelBandit, Feb 7, 2020
  2. little cat, Feb 7, 2020
  3. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Feb 7, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

Hard drive issues

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Feb 7, 2020
Thema:

Hard drive issues

1. Hard drive issues - Similar Threads - Hard drive issues

2. Hard Drive issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive issues: I don't think this is a Windows-related problem but why can't I safely eject my hard drive after I add new information such as a new file, shortcut, etc. It's like my Hard Drive is incapable of storing data. Why?...
  3. Hard Drive issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive issues: I don't think this is a Windows-related problem but why can't I eject my hard drive after I add new information such as a new file, shortcut, etc. It's like my Hard Drive is incapable of storing data. Why?...
  4. Hard Drive issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive issues: I don't think this is a Windows-related problem but why can't I eject my hard drive after I add new information such as a new file, shortcut, etc. It's like my Hard Drive is incapable of storing data. Why?...
  5. Hard Drive Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Issues: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  6. Hard Drive Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Issues: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  7. Hard Drive issues

Hard Drive issues: Having an issue with my external hard drive. I just updated to the new version of windows and that's when it started happening. I've tried uninstalling it, it's up-to-date on its driver, and my PC is fully up-to-date as well. The hard drive shows up on the device manager and...
  8. Hard drive issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive issue: I have recently installed a 1tb hard drive and change my settings to transfer new files to it. However,most downloaded content from the web has been going to my SSD. I cant seem to fix the issue. Any help?...
  9. Hard Drive issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive issue: So i just built a brand new PC, but my hard drive wont appear in disk management. it does appear however in BIOS. I've tried everything from changing SATA ports to updating the drivers. Nothing is working. please help me I've been at this for nearly 2 days....
  10. Hard drive issues

Hard drive issues: Hi, having some really frustrating issues with my laptop and had to create a profile on this site as nothing seems to be working. I have an Acer Aspire running Windows 10 (version 1511, OS Build 10586.36). I have been travelling for a while so haven't updated for quite some...