Windows 10: Hard drive issues

Discus and support Hard drive issues in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, having some really frustrating issues with my laptop and had to create a profile on this site as nothing seems to be working. I have an Acer Aspire... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by fac1987, Jan 4, 2016.

1. fac1987 Win User

Hard drive issues

Hi, having some really frustrating issues with my laptop and had to create a profile on this site as nothing seems to be working. I have an Acer Aspire running Windows 10 (version 1511, OS Build 10586.36). I have been travelling for a while so haven't updated for quite some time, I think it was an update from a few weeks ago. Most things seem ok but seems to be a problem with the USB drives. Prior to the update, I had an external mouse and four extrenal hard drives (1 NTFS, 2 exFAT, 1 HFS+ which I connect use with Paragi HFS+), all of which worked fine. However, after the update, the external mouse works fine but only one of the hard drives (I think an exFAT one) appears in Windows Explorer. The mouse still works when I connect it. All the drives show up in the Devices list (and I can eject them). I have both USB 2 and USB 3 ports, neither work. The hard drives all still work on my girlfriend's Mac so there is no hardware problem. A quick search online seems to say that I should change the letter on the hard drive but when I go to disk management to change the letters, I get an error along the lines of 'The operation failed to complete because the Disk Management console view is not up-tp-date.....' It then tells me to refresh/restart, both of which I have done. I have even tried to run as administrator and then I get an error saying the path is not specified or something like that. I have no idea where to turn now. Can anyone help please?

:)

fac1987, Jan 4, 2016

2. Hard drive issues?

Hi @Yeet Mcgee!

I'm sorry to hear about that, I know how unpleasant such a thing could be...

Such warning are indicating that there could be a serious issue with your HDD, so I'd suggest to make a backup of your most important data on another location and run a diagnostic test on the hard disk with the manufacturers tool in
    order to see if anything wrong will be detected by this software as well. In case it is then it will be best to look for a replacement unit, or contact the manufacturer for RMA process if the product is still under warranty so you can get a replacement.

Hope this helps a bit and best of luck!

MightyMiro_WD, Jan 4, 2016
  3. Andrew E. Win User
    Hard drive issues?

A port malfunction would be in a storage connection (hard drive/cd/DVD).To locate the problem,start pc,open

BIOS,chk for warning/errors,make sure all default hardware show & running.This being all connections are ok.

If it still causes same error on start-up,try power-off pc,unplug power for 8-10 minutes,re-plug,start pc,most

electrical devises get reset w/o power,otherwise,call/text mfg..

Andrew E., Jan 4, 2016
  4. simrick Win User

Hard drive issues

Hi @fac1987 and welcome to Tenforums.

I see you've posted this in two different threads - same problem, right?

- Do you have System Restore turned on and can you restore to a point before the update, to see if the problem is resolved? If so, I would uninstall the Paragon program, run the Windows Update, and then reinstall the program.

- You are referring to Paragon HFS+ software, correct? Have you tried uninstalling/reinstalling the program? It could be a case where the Windows Update messed up the Paragon drivers, and a reinstall may correct it.

simrick, Jan 4, 2016
Thema:

Hard drive issues

1. Hard drive issues - Similar Threads - Hard drive issues

2. Hard Drive issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive issues: I don't think this is a Windows-related problem but why can't I safely eject my hard drive after I add new information such as a new file, shortcut, etc. It's like my Hard Drive is incapable of storing data. Why?...
  3. Hard Drive issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive issues: I don't think this is a Windows-related problem but why can't I eject my hard drive after I add new information such as a new file, shortcut, etc. It's like my Hard Drive is incapable of storing data. Why?...
  4. Hard Drive issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive issues: I don't think this is a Windows-related problem but why can't I eject my hard drive after I add new information such as a new file, shortcut, etc. It's like my Hard Drive is incapable of storing data. Why?...
  5. Hard Drive Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive Issues: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  6. Hard Drive Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive Issues: Hello.I am struggling to access a WD My Passport and I suspect something is wrong with my Windows fundamentally, and I wish to reset Windows, however I would like to backup my files to an external hard drive, but have so far been unsuccessful in doing so.When I plug in the My...
  7. Hard Drive issues

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hard Drive issues: Having an issue with my external hard drive. I just updated to the new version of windows and that's when it started happening. I've tried uninstalling it, it's up-to-date on its driver, and my PC is fully up-to-date as well. The hard drive shows up on the device manager and...
  8. Hard drive issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard drive issue: I have recently installed a 1tb hard drive and change my settings to transfer new files to it. However,most downloaded content from the web has been going to my SSD. I cant seem to fix the issue. Any help?...
  9. Hard drive issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Hard drive issues: My current ssd is running windows 7 and it's starting to fail I want to get a new ssd and download windows 10 but the issue I have is not knowing what's going to happen to the data on my hdd that I have to hold my games and other stuff like pics does anyone k ow what will...
  10. Hard Drive issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hard Drive issue: So i just built a brand new PC, but my hard drive wont appear in disk management. it does appear however in BIOS. I've tried everything from changing SATA ports to updating the drivers. Nothing is working. please help me I've been at this for nearly 2 days....