Windows 10: Hard Drive Keeps Showing and Disappearing

Discus and support Hard Drive Keeps Showing and Disappearing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; My laptop Window 10 was dead suddenly and could not be restarted. When I turned it on again, it shows "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dave M_118, May 18, 2021.

1. Hard Drive Keeps Showing and Disappearing

My laptop Window 10 was dead suddenly and could not be restarted. When I turned it on again, it shows "Repairing disk errors. This might take over an hour to complete". I waited for at least 10 hours, but nothing change. I removed the HGST hard drive E & F and see if I could use another laptop Window 7 Home Premium to open the hard drive. After I plugged in the USB which is linked to the hard drive, first it could detect the E and F drives. Then, both drives disappeared and it shows "You need to format the disk in drive E before you can use it". The hard drive keeps showing and

:)

Dave M_118, May 18, 2021

2. Hard Drive not Showing

Hi Lori,

Thank you for posting back.

• How are you connecting the Hard drive to your computer?
    • Have you tried connecting the hard drive to a different computer and check if it works?

It's possible that your USB drivers are corrupt. I suggest you to try the following steps and check.

• Press Windows Key +R and type
      devmgmt.msc
      to open Device manager.
    • Expand Universal Serial Bus controllers
      at the left bottom.
    • Right-click the first USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers, and then click on
      Uninstall to remove it.
    • Repeat these steps for the entire USB controller under Universal Serial Bus controllers.
    • Restart the computer. After the computer starts, Windows will automatically scan for hardware changes and reinstall all the USB controllers that you uninstalled.

Keep us posted with the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Azaruddin Syed, May 18, 2021
  3. SECONDARY HARD DRIVE KEEPS DISAPPEARING

I recently upgraded my ASUS ROG GL552vw with a 256 samsung ssd. I cloned my OS from the Hard drive pre-installed into the new SSD. but when I boot from the SSD, after a while the HARD DRIVE with drive letter D: disappears and is not available in disk management..
    it only shows up after several restarts or hard boot. when I boot from the Hard disk Drive ,I have no problems but I want to use the SSD as my bootup and program installation drive because of it's speed but my secondary hard drive which I inten using for document
    storage keeps disappearing.

I have checked bios for settings concerning the drives.. but found nothing...what do I do please...

victorpraiz, May 18, 2021
  4. Vanessalf Win User

Hard Drive Keeps Showing and Disappearing

Ext. HD Keeps Disappearing

I bought a
    WD Elements Portable
    model number WDBUZG0010BBK-WESN.
    It keeps disappearing and I have to unplug it and plug it back in.
    I tried these suggestions:
    Fix WD External Hard Drive Not Working/Recognized/Showing UP Error – EaseUS

I also changed the drive letter. But it still disappears.
    Anyone have any ideas as to how I can stop this?
    Thank you.

Windows 10 Version 20H2 (OSBuild 19042.985)

Vanessalf, May 18, 2021
Thema:

Hard Drive Keeps Showing and Disappearing

1. Hard Drive Keeps Showing and Disappearing - Similar Threads - Hard Drive Keeps

2. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  3. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard drive disappearance: My hard drive suddenly dissapeared after doing some work this evening, I have no clue what to do, since all the "solutions" on the web haven't worked. I know the hard drive is working since I tried it in another computer and it ran properly. Hope someone can help....
  4. Hard drive disappearance

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. My hard drives keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    My hard drives keep disappearing: Since a few days ago, my D: and E: drives have started to disappear randomly. They reappear once again after a restart but then after a few minutes, they disappear again. Every time i try opening a shortcut for an app stored on one of those drives, it comes up with this error...
  6. My hard drives keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My hard drives keep disappearing: Since a few days ago, my D: and E: drives have started to disappear randomly. They reappear once again after a restart but then after a few minutes, they disappear again. Every time i try opening a shortcut for an app stored on one of those drives, it comes up with this error...
  7. My hard drives keep disappearing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Internal hard drive partition keeps disappearing (z-drive)

Internal hard drive partition keeps disappearing (z-drive): Hi, I have previously reported this issue & thought it was solved: - Int. HD partition Keeps Disappearing (Z Drive) others are OK However it continues! Anyone got any suggestions 179987
  9. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: hi, my hard drive which I've used for about 5 months has just disappeared as soon as I've put intake fans onto my pc. I've tried trying a new SATA cable and nothing works. It doesn't even show up in my disk management. Could someone please help?...
  10. Hard drive disappeared

Hard drive disappeared: Something is screwed up with my computer. My D drive is just gone, my computer continues to constantly crash, and it’s very slow. I have norton installed and whenever I do a scan it says there are no viruses. I have restarted it multiple times and nothing happened. And when...