Windows 10: hard drive light has been steadily on FOR THREE HOURS. I can't do anything! What can be done?

Discus and support hard drive light has been steadily on FOR THREE HOURS. I can't do anything! What can be done? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Windows 10 insisted my working perfectly Dell Laptop must be updated. The Updates installed. The hard drive light has been steadily on FOR THREE... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JoeJurkenas, Mar 11, 2020.

1. hard drive light has been steadily on FOR THREE HOURS. I can't do anything! What can be done?

Windows 10 insisted my working perfectly Dell Laptop must be updated. The Updates installed. The hard drive light has been steadily on FOR THREE HOURS. I can't do anything! What can be done?

Windows 7 worked so well. Windows 10 is the worst OS MS has ever published. I Hate it!

:)

JoeJurkenas, Mar 11, 2020

2. Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Mar 11, 2020
  3. little cat, Mar 11, 2020
  4. Mathragh Win User

hard drive light has been steadily on FOR THREE HOURS. I can't do anything! What can be done?

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Wut =D

what is that supposed to accomplish?

Mathragh, Mar 11, 2020
Thema:

hard drive light has been steadily on FOR THREE HOURS. I can't do anything! What can be done?

1. hard drive light has been steadily on FOR THREE HOURS. I can't do anything! What can be done? - Similar Threads - hard drive light

2. Hard Drive not initializing or doing anything for that matter. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive not initializing or doing anything for that matter. What do I do?: Long story short, Hard Drive started acting funny, added another, then got a huge one compared to the other two. As you can see in the pix I attached, not letting me do anything with it, and I need the space super bad. Can anyone help?...
  3. Hard Drive not initializing or doing anything for that matter. What do I do?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hard Drive not initializing or doing anything for that matter. What do I do?: Long story short, Hard Drive started acting funny, added another, then got a huge one compared to the other two. As you can see in the pix I attached, not letting me do anything with it, and I need the space super bad. Can anyone help?...
  4. I can't upload anything to my hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't upload anything to my hard drive: Some how my HDD on my H.P All-In-One computer has gotten locked. I think it has something to do with Bitlocker, since when I look at it in Disk Management it says Bitlocker Encrypted. Now every time I start my computer and try to access the hard drive it makes me enter the...
  5. what can I do about update 20h2. takes 12 hours then it crashes rolls back. and it has done...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    what can I do about update 20h2. takes 12 hours then it crashes rolls back. and it has done...: tech kept me on phone 5 hours. then when he gave up he hung up on me and closed the ticket as if it was fixed. I told the survey all about it. but no contact from them. I checked ASUS and all drivers are up tp date....
  6. my computer has been doing this for hours and hours and I can't turn it off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    my computer has been doing this for hours and hours and I can't turn it off: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Goldreddit1356 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/mm9hbx/my_computer_has_been_doing_this_for_hours_and/
  7. It has been stuck like this for more than 12 hours hours what should I do?

It has been stuck like this for more than 12 hours hours what should I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Professional_Phone_2 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/izwml4/it_has_been_stuck_like_this_for_more_than_12/
  8. Installation has been prepared for hours, what to do?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Installation has been prepared for hours, what to do?: I wanted to download Playstation remote Play on my Windows laptop, but when I opened the file, it said that the installation is being prepared. But nothing happened and I could not cancel the installation. I ask for help because it is really annoying. Installation wird seit...
  9. This has been updating for an hour. Whybis it doing this?

This has been updating for an hour. Whybis it doing this?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/GhostyBoi666 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/g9sger/this_has_been_updating_for_an_hour_whybis_it/
  10. My computer has been like this for a few hours. Is this normal and what can I do?

My computer has been like this for a few hours. Is this normal and what can I do?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/DaLegend27k [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/fiq2qm/my_computer_has_been_like_this_for_a_few_hours_is/