Windows 10: Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.

Discus and support Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; hey, guys, what's up? here's the thing, i've been having this problem for a really long time, i'm using my pc and all of the sudden everything sofwere... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Elvis L. Silva, Aug 24, 2018.

1. Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.

hey, guys, what's up? here's the thing, i've been having this problem for a really long time, i'm using my pc and all of the sudden everything sofwere stops responding and the hard drive light turns off, then after 30 seconds or so it starts blinking again and everything starts working again, i am also getting a lot of bluescreens, probly because my hard drive stops responding and it messes up my windows, a while back i couldn't even install the windows because the problem happened during the installation of the windows, then i found out that if i swap the power sata cable of the hard drive the problem goes away for a little while, a week sometimes, then it starts all over again.

my hard drive's new, i've changed it twice thinking it was the root of the problem, and my motherboard's also new, but the warranty expires in 5 days, so i really need to know if the motherboard is the problem, my power supply is 600W, it's 2 years old or so.

:)

Elvis L. Silva, Aug 24, 2018

2. turned pc on but hard drive was not loading up

a moment ago, i turned on my pc's power and the light that usually flickers when hard drive is loading, did not flicker or light up and my screen said no signal, so i had to manually power off and turned it back on and it loaded up as normal, so then i
    did a hardware scan with lenovo solution centre and everytthing was all fine, i just got this pc on sunday, its a lenovo ideacentre 300, last night it never loaded windows until i pressed the alt, ctrl and del button, then loaded windows, then i restarted
    it and it loaded windows normally, now it didn't even load the hard drive when a switched it on, then after manually switching it off and turn back on, it loaded the hard drive and the light was flashing, then scanned and everythings fine, can this be a glitch?

James Brittle, Aug 25, 2018
  3. Zero Cool Win User
    Hard drive freezing

your hard drive is freezing? what cooling you got?

Zero Cool, Aug 25, 2018
  4. Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.

Hard Drive turning off?

i have 5x sata hard drives in my computer just now. i have them set to turn off after 30 mins to save electricity. the only problem is if your watching a video off one of the drives when the other drives power down sometimes the video will freeze until windows powers up all the hard drives then it will continue.

Geofrancis, Aug 25, 2018
Thema:

Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes.

1. Hard Drive light turns off then PC freezes. - Similar Threads - Hard Drive light

2. PC freezes and the screen turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC freezes and the screen turns off: In the past couple of months my pc has been freezing and the screen turning off at seemingly random times, it even happened again while I was writing this question. When it happens I'm usually playing games, even games with low system requirements but then all of a sudden the...
  3. PC freezes and the screen turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC freezes and the screen turns off: In the past couple of months my pc has been freezing and the screen turning off at seemingly random times, it even happened again while I was writing this question. When it happens I'm usually playing games, even games with low system requirements but then all of a sudden the...
  4. pc freezes and everything turns off

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc freezes and everything turns off: Last year during Christmas i got a new pre built nzxt computer and a few months later i got a app called wall paper engine off of steam and then after that every time I try loading into a game my screen freezes and my keyboard and mic sometimes mouse turns off but the pc...
  5. pc freezes and everything turns off

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc freezes and everything turns off: Last year during Christmas i got a new pre built nzxt computer and a few months later i got a app called wall paper engine off of steam and then after that every time I try loading into a game my screen freezes and my keyboard and mic sometimes mouse turns off but the pc...
  6. Night Light not turning off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light not turning off: Just 2 days ago the night light setting is no longer working for me, i try to disable it from action center and from settings but it keeps closing the settings window and stays on, I have tried a lot of things to help but nothing has worked so far....
  7. Night Light Turning Off

in Windows 10 Customization
    Night Light Turning Off: I have a Surface Pro X and have been having this issue for a while now: When I turn on the Night Light and have the scheduled setting on, the night light "turns off" after my device goes to sleep for a bit and then wakes back up, even if it's after sunset. When I swipe in...
  8. PC freezing and monitor turning off

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    PC freezing and monitor turning off: Sometimes at random my PC freezes, and then about 10 seconds later the monitor turns off. It often isn't under much pressure (about 5 browser tabs and a text editor), it hasn't happened while gaming. The only way to recover it is to press the reset button, and it reboots and...
  9. Lights on when PC is turned off

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Lights on when PC is turned off: Hi, I have a mouse and keyboard that have RGB lights. When I turn off my computer the lights stay on the keyboard and mouse (this happens when they are connected to the back of the computer, straight into the motherboard.... So I tried plugging them into the top front...
  10. Seagate Drive LED light won't turn OFF

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Seagate Drive LED light won't turn OFF: Hi all, I have two 4TB Seagate Backup Plus drives, I sat the drives to go to sleep after 3 min in Seagate Dashboard program, the drives do go to sleep but the LED lights won't turn off, they are always on? But if the same drives are connected to my iMac, they goes to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. laptop frozen solid hdd light