Windows 10: Hard drive migration

Discus and support Hard drive migration in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I am getting a bare-bones Intel NUC i5. I was thinking of moving the hard drive from another laptop to the NUC. The hard drive has windows 10 installed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/hotspark226, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Hard drive migration

I am getting a bare-bones Intel NUC i5. I was thinking of moving the hard drive from another laptop to the NUC. The hard drive has windows 10 installed on it; will the migration stop the OS from working? Is this even possible?

submitted by /u/hotspark226
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/hotspark226, Dec 19, 2019
  2. Sanhime Win User

Cloning from 1TB to 2TB hard drive

Whats a good free imaging/cloning program? I have a 1TB hard drive with Win7 and I want to seamlessly migrate my stuff to a 2TB hard drive. Any suggestions?

Sanhime, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Eric Ber Win User
    Device not migrated (hard drive)

Hi SRandom,

It looks like the driver that you have installed is not compatible with your device. Is the AHCI driver you installed, the latest from the manufacturer's website? If you will be having issues using your secondary hard drive, I would suggest that you follow
    the steps provided by Andre Da Costa in this
    thread

Should you need further assistance, don't hesitate to get back to us.

Eric Ber, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Hard drive migration

Overclock your hard drive!!!

Heres a much easier hack that I realized quite a few years ago that really does work!

REQUIREMENTS:
    • Hard drive with molex power connection.
    • PSU with more than 1 strand that has molex plugs on it.
    • Wire strippers, soldering iron if you're fancy, electrical tape if you're not.
    STEPS:
    • Take the strand of connectors from your PSU, and decide which one will be the donator for this overclocking adventure.
    • Cut the yellow and orange cables, then twist them together.
    • Find the power connector you've chosen as the overclocking connector, and release the orange cable from the connector. Now use your preferred method to bind them together, then place it back together.
    • Plug in a drive and feel the speed!
    Congratulations! You've just overclocked your hard drive!

Sir B. Fannybottom, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

Hard drive migration

1. Hard drive migration - Similar Threads - Hard drive migration

2. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive: My OS is Windows 10. I have a 2 TB hard drive, formatted as NTFS, that is partitioned as follows: - System Reserved @ 100 MB 59% free - Local C: @ 886 GB bootable 59% free - Recovery Partition @ 518 MB 100% free - Local F: @ 977 GB 56% free The end goal is to migrate the...
  3. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive: My OS is Windows 10. I have a 2 TB hard drive, formatted as NTFS, that is partitioned as follows: - System Reserved @ 100 MB 59% free - Local C: @ 886 GB bootable 59% free - Recovery Partition @ 518 MB 100% free - Local F: @ 977 GB 56% free The end goal is to migrate the...
  4. Migrating a partitioned hard drive to an SSD and another hard drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hard Drive migration

Hard Drive migration: I have 2 lenovo all in 1 computers. One has broken screen so I want to use its 1tb hard drive to replace the 256gb hard drive in the other computer. Both have separate windows 10 licences. I have no data in either of the drives. What can I do? Thanks...
  6. Hard Drive migration

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hard Drive migration: I have 2 lenovo all in 1 computers. One has broken screen so I want to use its 1tb hard drive to replace the 256gb hard drive in the other computer. Both have separate windows 10 licences. I have no data in either of the drives. What can I do? Thanks...
  7. Hard Drive migration

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Migrating OS to new Hard Drive

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Migrating OS to new Hard Drive: Okay, I think I need some help. I am trying to move my OS from a SSD that runs on SATA to a PCIe NVMe SSD. My motherboard has a native NVMe slot so I was able to plug it in no problem. I can get a reading on the hard drive itself and I made a complete copy of it using...
  9. Migrating to a new Hard Drive?

Migrating to a new Hard Drive?: Hi Forum Folke, So my hard drive had a catastrophic failure... the machine won't boot from ANY source if the drive is plugged in. I put another much smaller drive from my last laptop into it, and suddenly now the machine boots from DVD. So, the drive is dead/trash/gone....
  10. migrate hard drive to new master hard drive

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    migrate hard drive to new master hard drive: i want to install anew ssd hard drive as the master drive and transfer all the information from my existing one to the new one https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/migrate-hard-drive-to-new-master-hard-drive/43dd4c49-1ea4-4ddc-a12f-71787dbba154